A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:08:14 pm
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 277   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: President Trump- The Implications  (Read 1455176 times)
erfalf
City Father

« Reply #225 on: January 13, 2017, 12:29:06 pm »

I was waiting on the light at 101st and Sheridan and a newer model  dark blue Ford F250 diesel with a lift blew by me on the shoulder on the SE corner.

There was an enormous "TRUMP, make America great again" bumper sticker taking up 1/3 of the back window.

The driver floored the truck turning East.  Black diesel smoke billowed out, the rear tires chirped a bit going around the corner and some trash flew out of the bed of the truck.

This is what has gained control in the federal government.  It will appoint new Scotus, it will make decisions that our kids and grandkids will suffer through.

The United States has been Oklahoma'd.  The people who've been making decisions in Oklahoma's state government now have comrades running the country.

The implications are frightening.

Come on now...

I can find a ton of jack donkey Obama supporters, and even I'm smart enough not to link the two together to imply that is how Obama is going to be.

This line of thinking is just as low brow and childish as the ones you are criticizing displayed.

"Trust but Verify." - The Gipper
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #226 on: January 13, 2017, 12:53:34 pm »

While he continued his explanation, I had an internal conversation with myself about whether or not universal suffrage is a good idea.

I do not do well with a lack of facts or logic. When both the facts and logic are mangled, I have a mini strike.

You have a serious problem - that is what Okrahoma is all about.  Makes ya just wanna shake your head at the stupid.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #227 on: January 13, 2017, 12:55:23 pm »

Come on now...

I can find a ton of jack donkey Obama supporters, and even I'm smart enough not to link the two together to imply that is how Obama is going to be.

This line of thinking is just as low brow and childish as the ones you are criticizing displayed.

Actually, you really can't.  Except for being SOOO wrong on the 2nd Amendment, they are universally more educated, well read, thoughtful, tolerant, and open to a wider range of thought and opinions.  In other words - educated.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
AquaMan
City Father

Just Cruz'n

« Reply #228 on: January 13, 2017, 01:23:47 pm »

I was waiting on the light at 101st and Sheridan and a newer model  dark blue Ford F250 diesel with a lift blew by me on the shoulder on the SE corner.

There was an enormous "TRUMP, make America great again" bumper sticker taking up 1/3 of the back window.

The driver floored the truck turning East.  Black diesel smoke billowed out, the rear tires chirped a bit going around the corner and some trash flew out of the bed of the truck.

This is what has gained control in the federal government.  It will appoint new Scotus, it will make decisions that our kids and grandkids will suffer through.

The United States has been Oklahoma'd.  The people who've been making decisions in Oklahoma's state government now have comrades running the country.

The implications are frightening.
I drive all over South Tulsa daily and the truck you describe is notorious. I have seen him blow through lights, cut people off and drive carelessly. Dark black and tinted windows for the safety a coward needs. Either that or he has clones driving around. That is why most liberals don't put bumper stickers on their cars lest these cowards pester them. And yes, we and Kansas have exported our ignorance to the federal level with the support and rationalization of those whose casual explanation is that "both sides do it!" Right. Then we're headed for hell together hand in hand.

onward...through the fog
erfalf
City Father

« Reply #229 on: January 13, 2017, 02:08:24 pm »

Actually, you really can't.  Except for being SOOO wrong on the 2nd Amendment, they are universally more educated, well read, thoughtful, tolerant, and open to a wider range of thought and opinions.  In other words - educated.

Well aren't you all special. You must be the most patronizing person I have ever met. Why don't you add that to the list too, because "they" are incredibly patronizing. And so incredibly sure of their superiority. And they are also incredibly adept at being pompous dicks. Geez, come on.

If you really believe/think this like this, well, I don't know really what to say about that. Thank god we have the chosen one's to show us the light.

swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #230 on: January 13, 2017, 02:10:04 pm »

Well aren't you all special. You must be the most patronizing person I have ever met. Why don't you add that to the list too, because "they" are incredibly patronizing. And so incredibly sure of their superiority. And they are also incredibly adept at being pompous dicks. Geez, come on.

If you really believe/think this like this, well, I don't know really what to say about that. Thank god we have the chosen one's to show us the light.

Well, you all did elect Trump, so there's that....
erfalf
City Father

« Reply #231 on: January 13, 2017, 02:23:41 pm »

Well, you all did elect Trump, so there's that....

You're right. Not one educated, enlightened person, with kindness in their heart voted for Trump.

You guys will believe anything.

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #232 on: January 13, 2017, 04:22:49 pm »

You're right. Not one educated, enlightened person, with kindness in their heart voted for Trump.

You guys will believe anything.

There is nothing at all patronizing about stating facts.

No, wait...you are right...it's only educated, enlightened people who claim to be follower's of Christ that vote for an admitted pedophile.  Serial adulterer.  Thief who has stolen untold millions from people who did an honest day's work for him.  Called our POW's cowards.  Ridicules the handicapped.  Serial breaker of Federal immigration law - hiring literally thousands of undocumented workers, and paying millions in fines for that.  Repeatedly makes derisive, racist comments.  Implores supporters to violence.  Invites Russia to hack US government computers.  Can't find an American woman who would marry him....well, I can see why.   And this is just the short list....

Verbally attacks a Gold Star family...!!   Oh, but according to the RWRE, that's fine - it was only a Muslim who was blown up by a car bomb...

Yeah...it's all the good people on the right who voted for that.

Would love to know exactly how it is YOU resolve/rationalize all that in your mind?

As for believing anything... Whew!   Biggest Projection of the Year award goes to erfalf !!

Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #233 on: January 13, 2017, 05:11:06 pm »

There is nothing at all patronizing about stating facts.

No, wait...you are right...it's only educated, enlightened people who claim to be follower's of Christ that vote for an admitted pedophile.  Serial adulterer.  Thief who has stolen untold millions from people who did an honest day's work for him.  Called our POW's cowards.  Ridicules the handicapped.  Serial breaker of Federal immigration law - hiring literally thousands of undocumented workers, and paying millions in fines for that.  Repeatedly makes derisive, racist comments.  Implores supporters to violence.  Invites Russia to hack US government computers.  Can't find an American woman who would marry him....well, I can see why.   And this is just the short list....

Verbally attacks a Gold Star family...!!   Oh, but according to the RWRE, that's fine - it was only a Muslim who was blown up by a car bomb...

Yeah...it's all the good people on the right who voted for that.

Would love to know exactly how it is YOU resolve/rationalize all that in your mind?

As for believing anything... Whew!   Biggest Projection of the Year award goes to erfalf !!

The ridiculing of the handicapped journalist was the final straw for me, especially since my mother was handicapped and I was a HUGE advocate for rights for them.  If I ever run into Trump anywhere in person it would be difficult for me not to punch him right in the face.  He has a punchable face, much like Martin Shkreli.

And it wasn't the ridiculing that was the final straw.  It was his lying about doing it/not doing it.  He was absolutely mocking that guy.

He's a giant dooshrocket.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #234 on: January 13, 2017, 06:09:41 pm »

The ridiculing of the handicapped journalist was the final straw for me, especially since my mother was handicapped and I was a HUGE advocate for rights for them.  If I ever run into Trump anywhere in person it would be difficult for me not to punch him right in the face.  He has a punchable face, much like Martin Shkreli.

And it wasn't the ridiculing that was the final straw.  It was his lying about doing it/not doing it.  He was absolutely mocking that guy.

And yet his supporters/apologists still dismiss this behavior out of one side of their face while bleating plaintively about their religious beliefs from the other...

swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #235 on: January 13, 2017, 07:52:50 pm »

The ridiculing of the handicapped journalist was the final straw for me, especially since my mother was handicapped and I was a HUGE advocate for rights for them.  If I ever run into Trump anywhere in person it would be difficult for me not to punch him right in the face.  He has a punchable face, much like Martin Shkreli.

And it wasn't the ridiculing that was the final straw.  It was his lying about doing it/not doing it.  He was absolutely mocking that guy.

It was going back stage at Miss Teen USA to check out naked 15 year old girls and then reading Ivanka's accounts of her violent rape. There is no redeeming the man and the majority of his supporters are deplorable.
Ed W
City Father

« Reply #236 on: January 13, 2017, 08:38:41 pm »

I had the CNN "fake news" line parroted back to me the very same day as Trump's press conference.  The person thought the Russian Intel story was invented by CNN and......

....While he continued his explanation, I had an internal conversation with myself about whether or not universal suffrage is a good idea.

I do not do well with a lack of facts or logic. When both the facts and logic are mangled, I have a mini strike.

I had a guy telling me that facts and opinions are the same things and they're subject to our individual biases. I was gobsmacked.

Universal sufferage, indeed.

Ed

May you live in interesting times.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #237 on: January 13, 2017, 10:24:01 pm »

I had a guy telling me that facts and opinions are the same things and they're subject to our individual biases. I was gobsmacked.

Universal sufferage, indeed.

More like universal stupidity.  What was it Ron White once said?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QDvQ77JP8nw

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #238 on: January 14, 2017, 10:35:05 am »

Meh, he’s a gun for hire and of course MI6 was where the WMD intel in Iraq came from in the first place and we all know how that turned out, right?

Initially, Steele was working on behalf of Trump’s Republican opponents and later for Democrats, but after Election Day, those employers were no longer interested. Instead, Steele began disseminating his findings to both British and American intelligence officials pro bono, as he reasoned that this matter was of national security concern for both parties.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/ex-mi6-spy-troubed-findings-trump-worked-free-article-1.2946322

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #239 on: January 14, 2017, 03:47:56 pm »

Initially, Steele was working on behalf of Trump’s Republican opponents and later for Democrats, but after Election Day, those employers were no longer interested. Instead, Steele began disseminating his findings to both British and American intelligence officials pro bono, as he reasoned that this matter was of national security concern for both parties cashing in with the sleazy tabloids.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/ex-mi6-spy-troubed-findings-trump-worked-free-article-1.2946322

FIFY, because we know what an anachronism strong journalistic integrity is these days.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 277   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org