A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 08:41:42 am
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 277   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: President Trump- The Implications  (Read 1455580 times)
AquaMan
City Father

Just Cruz'n

« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2016, 10:08:28 am »

I don't want to ruminate on his proposals and their viability or rank. Worthless. I will just say, his first move should be to seriously consider his choices for cabinet members. The one's suggested from his campaign are going to cause problems real fast.

His second move should be to make some alliances in a legislative branch that has had virtually no interaction with him, didn't support him and don't trust him. They don't see him as a republican. They don't speak his populist language. If he doesn't use Pense to make those alliances, well, his potential power will evaporate and he'll be marginalized.

Anyone care to relate the successes of past populist presidents who collected less than 48% of the vote?

onward...through the fog
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2016, 10:42:21 am »

I think I have said here before - I know I have said it elsewhere - let's just go ahead and get him in and let these regressive policies do their damage and get it over with.  The quicker we get another massive recession/depression, the quicker people will have the example rubbed in their noses again...since it obviously didn't 'take' the last time...

More later....  Knowing me, probably much more...

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2016, 10:47:32 am »

Here’s who is being looked at by Trump for the cabinet:

Secretary of Treasury - Steven Mnuchin, 17 year Goldman Sachs guy, made Mad Max Fury Road, hedge funder
Secretary of Agriculture – Sam Brownback, Destroyed Kansas
Secretary of State – Newt Gingrich, deathbed divorce guy that gets along great with people
Chief of Staff – Reince Priebus, whatever
Attorney General - Rudy Giuliani, America’s crazy racist uncle mayor and current lobbyist
Secretary of Defense – Jeff Sessions (why? How? He was in the reserves 30 years ago?)
Secretary of the Interior – Harold Hamm, oilman and earthquake truther
Secretary of Commerce - Chris Christie, Bridge blocker
Secretary of Education – Ben Carson, semi-awake human and mumbler

What a staff!!
erfalf
City Father

« Reply #18 on: November 11, 2016, 06:50:56 am »

I'm thinking Trump may need to rethink his position on immigration. We need more Dreamers apparently. The current lot of native "Dreamers" doesn't seem to be all that bright. You know, those ditching class to protest the election.

I actually heard one on CNN saying he was concerned he was going to be deported to Guam. GUAM!

Heaven help us all.

"Trust but Verify." - The Gipper
erfalf
City Father

« Reply #19 on: November 11, 2016, 07:03:43 am »

In all seriousness now. Trump will not be the end of this Union. He is not Hitler reborn.

So from Trump's own lips, here are his priorities:

In order to clean up the corruption and special interest collusion in D.C.:

* FIRST, propose a Constitutional Amendment to impose term limits on all members of Congress;
* SECOND, a hiring freeze on all federal employees to reduce federal workforce through attrition (exempting military, public safety, and public health);
* THIRD, a requirement that for every new federal regulation, two existing regulations must be eliminated;
* FOURTH, a 5 year-ban on White House and Congressional officials becoming lobbyists after they leave government service;
* FIFTH, a lifetime ban on White House officials lobbying on behalf of a foreign government;
* SIXTH, a complete ban on foreign lobbyists raising money for American elections.

To protect American Workers

* FIRST, I will announce my intention to renegotiate NAFTA or withdraw from the deal under Article 2205
* SECOND, I will announce our withdrawal from the Trans-Pacific Partnership
* THIRD, I will direct my Secretary of the Treasury to label China a currency manipulator
* FOURTH, I will direct the Secretary of Commerce and U.S. Trade Representative to identify all foreign trading abuses that unfairly impact American workers and direct them to use every tool under American and international law to end those abuses immediately
* FIFTH, I will lift the restrictions on the production of $50 trillion dollars' worth of job-producing American energy reserves, including shale, oil, natural gas and clean coal.
* SIXTH, lift the Obama-Clinton roadblocks and allow vital energy infrastructure projects, like the Keystone Pipeline, to move forward
* SEVENTH, cancel billions in payments to U.N. climate change programs and use the money to fix America's water and environmental infrastructure

To restore security and the constitutional rule of law:

* FIRST, cancel every unconstitutional executive action, memorandum and order issued by President Obama
* SECOND, begin the process of selecting a replacement for Justice Scalia from one of the 20 judges on my list, who will uphold and defend the Constitution of the United States
* THIRD, cancel all federal funding to Sanctuary Cities
* FOURTH, begin removing the more than 2 million criminal illegal immigrants from the country and cancel visas to foreign countries that won't take them back
* FIFTH, suspend immigration from terror-prone regions where vetting cannot safely occur. All vetting of people coming into our country will be considered extreme vetting.

Next, I will work with Congress to introduce the following broader legislative measures and fight for their passage within the first 100 days of my Administration:

1. Middle Class Tax Relief And Simplification Act. An economic plan designed to grow the economy 4% per year and create at least 25 million new jobs through massive tax reduction and simplification, in combination with trade reform, regulatory relief, and lifting the restrictions on American energy. The largest tax reductions are for the middle class. A middle-class family with 2 children will get a 35% tax cut. The current number of brackets will be reduced from 7 to 3, and tax forms will likewise be greatly simplified. The business rate will be lowered from 35 to 15 percent, and the trillions of dollars of American corporate money overseas can now be brought back at a 10 percent rate.

2. End The Offshoring Act. Establishes tariffs to discourage companies from laying off their workers in order to relocate in other countries and ship their products back to the U.S. tax-free.

3. American Energy & Infrastructure Act. Leverages public-private partnerships, and private investments through tax incentives, to spur $1 trillion in infrastructure investment over 10 years. It is revenue neutral.

4. School Choice And Education Opportunity Act. Redirects education dollars to give parents the right to send their kid to the public, private, charter, magnet, religious or home school of their choice. Ends common core, brings education supervision to local communities. It expands vocational and technical education, and make 2 and 4-year college more affordable.

5. Repeal and Replace Obamacare Act. Fully repeals Obamacare and replaces it with Health Savings Accounts, the ability to purchase health insurance across state lines, and lets states manage Medicaid funds. Reforms will also include cutting the red tape at the FDA: there are over 4,000 drugs awaiting approval, and we especially want to speed the approval of life-saving medications.

6. Affordable Childcare and Eldercare Act. Allows Americans to deduct childcare and elder care from their taxes, incentivizes employers to provide on-side childcare services, and creates tax-free Dependent Care Savings Accounts for both young and elderly dependents, with matching contributions for low-income families.

7. End Illegal Immigration Act Fully-funds the construction of a wall on our southern border with the full understanding that the country Mexico will be reimbursing the United States for the full cost of such wall; establishes a 2-year mandatory minimum federal prison sentence for illegally re-entering the U.S. after a previous deportation, and a 5-year mandatory minimum for illegally re-entering for those with felony convictions, multiple misdemeanor convictions or two or more prior deportations; also reforms visa rules to enhance penalties for overstaying and to ensure open jobs are offered to American workers first.

8. Restoring Community Safety Act. Reduces surging crime, drugs and violence by creating a Task Force On Violent Crime and increasing funding for programs that train and assist local police; increases resources for federal law enforcement agencies and federal prosecutors to dismantle criminal gangs and put violent offenders behind bars.

9. Restoring National Security Act. Rebuilds our military by eliminating the defense sequester and expanding military investment; provides Veterans with the ability to receive public VA treatment or attend the private doctor of their choice; protects our vital infrastructure from cyber-attack; establishes new screening procedures for immigration to ensure those who are admitted to our country support our people and our values

10. Clean up Corruption in Washington Act. Enacts new ethics reforms to Drain the Swamp and reduce the corrupting influence of special interests on our politics.

"Trust but Verify." - The Gipper
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #20 on: November 11, 2016, 08:09:50 am »

I'm thinking Trump may need to rethink his position on immigration. We need more Dreamers apparently. The current lot of native "Dreamers" doesn't seem to be all that bright. You know, those ditching class to protest the election.

I actually heard one on CNN saying he was concerned he was going to be deported to Guam. GUAM!

Heaven help us all.

Oh.  You mean like this....

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/republicans-react-obama-win-anger-gloom-calls-fight-article-1.1198334

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #21 on: November 11, 2016, 08:32:11 am »

News from today:

The Baltic states are terrified of Donald Trump’s lack of commitment to NATO, Russia is looking to negotiate with Trump so they can reestablish their sphere of influence over eastern European countries. No problems could come from that, right?

Trump is looking to delay his Fraud trial over Trump University now that he has been elected

One of Putin’s top aides has now admitted that “maybe we helped a bit with WikiLeaks.” To get Trump elected.

Jim Bridenstien!!! May be made the head of NASA. Someone who completely rejects science running a scientific agency. Perfect.

Trump has appointed Myron Ebell as head of his EPA transition team. Myron thinks greenhouse gases are good for the environment. Seriously

Donald Trump wants to end Net Neutrality, giving power to huge internet providers like AT&T and Comcast to interfere with your internet access

Trump has appointed as part of his immigration transition team Kansas Sec of State Kris Kobach who has helped write laws in Arizona and Alabama that required police to racial profile people and were later found unconstitutional

White middle school students in Michigan are chanting Build that Wall at crying Hispanic students

Trump is whining about protestors and the media:
Donald J. Trump
✔@realDonaldTrump
Just had a very open and successful presidential election. Now professional protesters, incited by the media, are protesting. Very unfair!
8:19 PM - 10 Nov 2016
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #22 on: November 11, 2016, 09:20:19 am »

Watch closely - our next 20 or 30 states in the United States will be from combining with Russia....

patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #23 on: November 11, 2016, 01:01:37 pm »

So from Trump's own lips, here are his priorities:

10. Clean up Corruption in Washington Act. Enacts new ethics reforms to Drain the Swamp and reduce the corrupting influence of special interests on our politics.

Washington (CNN) To shape his administration, President-elect Donald Trump is drawing squarely from the "swamp" he has pledged to drain.
Trump's transition team is staffed with long-time Washington experts and lobbyists from K Street, think tanks and political offices.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/11/10/politics/donald-trump-transition-drain-the-swamp/

Trump Campaigned Against Lobbyists, but Now They’re on His Transition Team
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/12/us/politics/trump-campaigned-against-lobbyists-now-theyre-on-his-transition-team.html

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #24 on: November 11, 2016, 01:25:40 pm »

Washington (CNN) To shape his administration, President-elect Donald Trump is drawing squarely from the "swamp" he has pledged to drain.
Trump's transition team is staffed with long-time Washington experts and lobbyists from K Street, think tanks and political offices.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/11/10/politics/donald-trump-transition-drain-the-swamp/

Trump Campaigned Against Lobbyists, but Now They’re on His Transition Team
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/12/us/politics/trump-campaigned-against-lobbyists-now-theyre-on-his-transition-team.html

Like not keeping his campaign promise was a surprise.  This guy is a consummate liar.  He may say he's an outsider, but he lies like a politician that's for sure.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
davideinstein
« Reply #25 on: November 13, 2016, 10:30:25 am »

Here’s who is being looked at by Trump for the cabinet:

Secretary of Treasury - Steven Mnuchin, 17 year Goldman Sachs guy, made Mad Max Fury Road, hedge funder
Secretary of Agriculture – Sam Brownback, Destroyed Kansas
Secretary of State – Newt Gingrich, deathbed divorce guy that gets along great with people
Chief of Staff – Reince Priebus, whatever
Attorney General - Rudy Giuliani, America’s crazy racist uncle mayor and current lobbyist
Secretary of Defense – Jeff Sessions (why? How? He was in the reserves 30 years ago?)
Secretary of the Interior – Harold Hamm, oilman and earthquake truther
Secretary of Commerce - Chris Christie, Bridge blocker
Secretary of Education – Ben Carson, semi-awake human and mumbler

What a staff!!

Insane.

Is there a complete list? I like the idea of Jamie Dimon in the cabinet.
cynical
Civic Leader

« Reply #26 on: November 13, 2016, 04:13:02 pm »

Add Steve Bannon as chief strategy advisor, co-equal with Priebus.

Insane.

Is there a complete list? I like the idea of Jamie Dimon in the cabinet.

Ed W
City Father

« Reply #27 on: November 13, 2016, 04:43:31 pm »

News from today:

Trump is whining about protestors and the media:
Donald J. Trump
✔@realDonaldTrump
Just had a very open and successful presidential election. Now professional protesters, incited by the media, are protesting. Very unfair!
8:19 PM - 10 Nov 2016

I'm curious because I've seen this "professional protesters" and "paid protesters" theme a few times in the last week. Has anyone ever interviewed a genuine professional protester, and if so, how did they turn it into a profession? I'm thinking this is typical BS intended as red meat for the base. Since we live in a post-factual world, feel free to make something up.

Ed

May you live in interesting times.
Vashta Nerada
Philanthropist

« Reply #28 on: November 13, 2016, 08:00:38 pm »

Add Steve Bannon as chief strategy advisor, co-equal with Priebus.

Crazy Train, with Mr. "War On Cops!" as head of Homeland Security.
http://www.salon.com/2016/11/11/what-will-the-trump-administration-look-like-our-first-clues-are-uniformly-awful/

patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #29 on: November 21, 2016, 12:20:45 pm »

Immigration - I hope that he finally becomes the person to follow through on reform and enforcement of the borders. I don't see people rounding illegals up and putting them on trains, that's pure BS. I think what they are going to have to do is change they pathway to become a citizen, it shouldn't take seven to ten years for a someone to become a citizen.

or put up with crap like this

A federal judge presiding over a naturalization ceremony in San Antonio, Texas, on Friday told new U.S. citizens if they didn’t like President-elect Donald Trump, they could leave the United States.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/donald-trump-immigration_us_5830bac4e4b099512f833cf8

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 277   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org