A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:39:46 am
Pages: 1 ... 254 255 [256] 257 258 ... 277   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: President Trump- The Implications  (Read 1454835 times)
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3825 on: October 23, 2018, 02:54:52 pm »

Not that Trump actually "caused" this incident but I believe we are all quite familiar with what a sleaze he is and has been.

He would have been absolutely excoriated by proper "conservatives" if he were a Dem.  How they get behind this assclown is beyond me.  Such blind partisanship.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3826 on: October 23, 2018, 04:30:19 pm »

Not that Trump actually "caused" this incident but I believe we are all quite familiar with what a sleaze he is and has been.

He would have been absolutely excoriated by proper "conservatives" if he were a Dem.  How they get behind this assclown is beyond me.  Such blind partisanship.

Remember who the Democrats nominated.  I think a lot of Republicans could have voted for a different Democrat.

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3827 on: October 23, 2018, 11:49:09 pm »

Remember who the Democrats nominated.  I think a lot of Republicans could have voted for a different Democrat.

I would have!  Turns out, I get to vote for Gary Johnson again in November as he's running as the Libertarian for Senate in New Mexico.  Not sure he's got the machine to get him to Washington, but he did serve as Gov. here for 8 years, albeit as a Republican.  I have no clue if party line voting got him there.  NM has had a pretty good propensity to swing from Democrat governors to Republican on a regular basis even though many of the poorer rural areas are solid strong-holds for Democrats.  I also notice that the state has become more of a blue haven in presidential elections since 1992.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3828 on: October 24, 2018, 12:22:36 am »

I would have!  Turns out, I get to vote for Gary Johnson again in November as he's running as the Libertarian for Senate in New Mexico.  Not sure he's got the machine to get him to Washington, but he did serve as Gov. here for 8 years, albeit as a Republican.  I have no clue if party line voting got him there.  NM has had a pretty good propensity to swing from Democrat governors to Republican on a regular basis even though many of the poorer rural areas are solid strong-holds for Democrats.  I also notice that the state has become more of a blue haven in presidential elections since 1992.

Gotta love those pro-abortion folks like Gary "And what is Aleppo?" Johnson. Because its edgy to be libertarian.

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
rebound
City Father

« Reply #3829 on: October 24, 2018, 08:14:42 am »

Gotta love those pro-abortion folks like Gary "And what is Aleppo?" Johnson. Because its edgy to be libertarian.

You better thank your lucky stars for "edgy" Gary Johnson.   He's exactly the kind of Republican  (or Democrat)  I would vote for, and actually did.    While I could not stand Trump (and still can't), I could not bring myself to vote for Hillary, either.   Virtually any other Dem would have received my vote.   But if Johnson had not been there, and I had been forced to choose, I'd have voted Hillary no question and I suspect a lot of other Dem's would have as well. 

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3830 on: October 24, 2018, 03:14:23 pm »

All the Minions are celebrating today.!!   Their only disappointment is that none of the bombs reached their target yet.

Instigator in Chief no doubt celebrating in private, but even he has enough brains not to say 'it's a shame'...so far.   He will again be calling for attacks on all those people soon, though, like he has been doing for years.  It's what he is.  And it's what his Minions are.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3831 on: October 24, 2018, 10:58:42 pm »

I don't know about "edgy" unless not engaging in the populist group think of the far right has become edgy.  I thought it was common sense for me to re-examine my philosophical and political leanings when I saw how hypocritical the upper power bloc is in the GOP these days.  What ever happened to "small government" Republicans and staying out of people's personal lives?

Vis-a-vie Aleppo: If we must engage in "low moment" comments reflecting someone's character let's not forget our current President, whom I'm sure you voted for, saying since he was famous it was okay to grab a woman by her P***Y.  I suspect you'd be willing to kill the first person to touch a female close to you in that region, eh, Guid?

This is what Johnson said following the "Morning Joe" gotcha:

"Yes, I understand the dynamics of the Syrian conflict — I talk about them every day. But hit with “What about Aleppo?”, I immediately was thinking about an acronym, not the Syrian conflict. I blanked. It happens, and it will happen again during the course of this campaign," Johnson said in the statement. "Can I name every city in Syria? No. Should I have identified Aleppo? Yes. Do I understand its significance? Yes."

Johnson is human as hell.  I like that.  He also did a very good job fiscally with New Mexico his 8 years as governor.  He's got a far better track record as a CIC of his state than our current President has leading our country, under whose watch our deficit is exploding under ostensibly very good economic times, huge tax cuts, and GDP going up.  Sounds like a horrible case of mis-management to me, but look at Trump's business record and it all looks really familiar: keep writing checks as long as there's checks in the book and let everyone else eat his mess!

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3832 on: October 25, 2018, 07:30:42 am »

I don't know about "edgy" unless not engaging in the populist group think of the far right has become edgy.  I thought it was common sense for me to re-examine my philosophical and political leanings when I saw how hypocritical the upper power bloc is in the GOP these days.  What ever happened to "small government" Republicans and staying out of people's personal lives?

Vis-a-vie Aleppo: If we must engage in "low moment" comments reflecting someone's character let's not forget our current President, whom I'm sure you voted for, saying since he was famous it was okay to grab a woman by her P***Y.  I suspect you'd be willing to kill the first person to touch a female close to you in that region, eh, Guid?

This is what Johnson said following the "Morning Joe" gotcha:

Johnson is human as hell.  I like that.  He also did a very good job fiscally with New Mexico his 8 years as governor.  He's got a far better track record as a CIC of his state than our current President has leading our country, under whose watch our deficit is exploding under ostensibly very good economic times, huge tax cuts, and GDP going up.  Sounds like a horrible case of mis-management to me, but look at Trump's business record and it all looks really familiar: keep writing checks as long as there's checks in the book and let everyone else eat his mess!

Minions gonna do what Minions do...

His personal views were established and displayed long ago.  Not only has he never criticized the grabby of the crotch, but also the pedophilia of teen age pageants, or calling our POW's cowards - which one would think would be of particular interest by his claims of military service and supporting the troops...

Next question I would have for him is where is his condemnation of the Trump instigation of mentally deficient people to send bombs?

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3833 on: October 25, 2018, 02:27:11 pm »

Minions own it - it is ALL theirs!   Bombs being sent with incitement/instigation/encouragement from the Pedophile in Chief.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/shocking-supercut-shows-trump-encouraging-040743054.html

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3834 on: October 28, 2018, 10:32:49 am »

Of course.... nothing more than expected from a Minion...

https://www.yahoo.com/news/least-1-trump-supporter-still-195109098.html

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3835 on: October 31, 2018, 07:16:09 pm »

So Trump is gonna try to get the Supreme Court to try to nullify a duly ratified section of the US Constitution.  Which by definition would be un-Constitutional...well, except to Minions.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-dismisses-century-constitutional-scholarship-bid-end-birthright-citizenship-154902986.html

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3836 on: October 31, 2018, 07:24:21 pm »

Of course we will continue to sell $110 Billion in arms to our good buddies.... Trump sees nothing wrong with this murder, either. 

https://www.yahoo.com/news/indonesia-protests-saudi-arabia-executes-140030068.html

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3837 on: November 01, 2018, 07:08:03 am »

The really great news about our economy is how Trump has managed to preserve so many corporate officer jobs, while bragging about keeping manufacturing here.  Like GM cutting 18,000 jobs this week!!  Oh, wait...what...??

And all this with surging income - a record -and massively bigger profits!!  ($2,5 Billion vs a loss)  With roughly 200,000 employees worldwide, that will take the North American jobs down to 32,000 or about 15% of their workforce.!!   Good job, Team Trump!  

As reference, Money magazine reported in Jan 2017 that GM had 97,000 US employees.  Now, GM says they have 50,000 North American employees, so they have already cut by half before this latest round of cuts.

"General Motors says it's offering buyouts to 18,000 of its 50,000 North American employees in an attempt to cut costs. The buyouts apply to salaried employees with 12 or more years of experience. The announcement comes after America’s largest carmaker by sales reported that its operating income surged 25% to a third-quarter record, as it pushed pricier vehicles to combat lower sales volume at home and abroad. Net income swung to a $2.5 billion profit from a year-ago loss."

patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #3838 on: November 03, 2018, 09:25:34 am »

So a woman who had her 15 minutes of fame by claiming to be "Jane Doe" says she made it up.

Not the allegations in the letter, just her claim of being the author... yet how many people think this actually discredits the original letter (as well as all the other accusations against Hizzoner)?

https://www.businessinsider.com/brett-kavanaugh-sexual-assault-accuser-judy-munro-leighton-2018-11

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
Ed W
City Father

« Reply #3839 on: November 03, 2018, 12:57:05 pm »

President Numbnutz saw it differently:

"A vicious accuser of Justice Kavanough has just admitted that she was lying, her story was totally made up, or FAKE! Can you imagine if he didn’t become a Justice of the Supreme Court because of her disgusting False Statements."

Reading comprehension is over rated.

Ed

May you live in interesting times.
Pages: 1 ... 254 255 [256] 257 258 ... 277   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org