A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 12:55:22 pm
Pages: 1 ... 246 247 [248] 249 250 ... 277   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: President Trump- The Implications  (Read 1464037 times)
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3705 on: August 12, 2018, 06:04:13 pm »

That's an interesting tactic to absolve Dems of any blame for voting to fund the Iraq war. I'll have to try that one out on my friends, see how it plays.

And Bill Clinton claiming at that time he knew "without a doubt" there were unaccounted for WMD's in Iraq.  Sounds like his intel must have been flawed as well, eh?

Everyone seemed pretty confident there were WMD in Iraq and Iraq had a hand in 9/11 until it was an unpopular stance.  I don't think we will ever fully know the truth on that one.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3706 on: August 13, 2018, 01:44:05 pm »

You're fired:

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3707 on: August 13, 2018, 05:10:00 pm »

I have a question about the Space Force....   When is Puerto Rico gonna get electricity??

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3708 on: August 14, 2018, 07:59:12 am »

Everyone seemed pretty confident there were WMD in Iraq and Iraq had a hand in 9/11 until it was an unpopular stance.  I don't think we will ever fully know the truth on that one.

Actually, that's not accurate.  Prior to invading Iraq the CIA stated that they had no credible evidence that Iraq had any involvement with 911.  The Defense Intelligence Agency published the same basic conclusion. So did British intelligence. And Israeli intelligence. Of course Germany and France were publicly against the war stating the evidence was not strong enough.  All before the invasion, basically every intelligence agency we rely upon was saying the evidence did not support that conclusion.  Not that those conclusions were necessarily shared with the American people.

The 911 Commission Report reviewed all the available information and reached the same conclusion.  The people believed there was a link between 911 and Iraq, but it appears the intelligence agencies did not share the conclusion. Heck, by September of 2003 the administration admitted they had no evidence for a link between 911 and Iraq and the Washington Post was already publishing articles on the topic.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saddam_Hussein_and_al-Qaeda_link_allegations#2002_British_intelligence_report
https://www.washingtonpost.com/archive/politics/2003/09/06/hussein-link-to-911-lingers-in-many-minds/7cd31079-21d1-42cf-8651-b67e93350fde/?utm_term=.fa85e40a0ade

Not that Saddam was a nice guy or above aiding terrorists, but they were too leery of each other and had different goals to work closely together.   

I think WMDs is a more complex issue. 

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3709 on: August 14, 2018, 09:24:34 am »

Actually, that's not accurate.  Prior to invading Iraq the CIA stated that they had no credible evidence that Iraq had any involvement with 911.  The Defense Intelligence Agency published the same basic conclusion. So did British intelligence. And Israeli intelligence. Of course Germany and France were publicly against the war stating the evidence was not strong enough.  All before the invasion, basically every intelligence agency we rely upon was saying the evidence did not support that conclusion.  Not that those conclusions were necessarily shared with the American people.

The 911 Commission Report reviewed all the available information and reached the same conclusion.  The people believed there was a link between 911 and Iraq, but it appears the intelligence agencies did not share the conclusion. Heck, by September of 2003 the administration admitted they had no evidence for a link between 911 and Iraq and the Washington Post was already publishing articles on the topic.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saddam_Hussein_and_al-Qaeda_link_allegations#2002_British_intelligence_report
https://www.washingtonpost.com/archive/politics/2003/09/06/hussein-link-to-911-lingers-in-many-minds/7cd31079-21d1-42cf-8651-b67e93350fde/?utm_term=.fa85e40a0ade

Not that Saddam was a nice guy or above aiding terrorists, but they were too leery of each other and had different goals to work closely together.  

We know for an absolute fact that he had WMD's - chemical weapons - throughout the 80's...he used them on Kurds and others in Iraq as well as Iran during their war.  We know this because we provided, along with Germany, all of the equipment and supplies to make and deploy them.  Public knowledge for decades, but ignored completely by Fake Fox News, so about 30% of the people in this country never heard of it to start, and the remaining 10-15% who voted for Trump dismissed and excused it anyway, just like they did for the regimes that performed those actions.

Another huge 'Brownie Point' for the Reagan and Bush criminal regimes...right up there with Iran-Contra.

Still just a little bit surprising to me to hear people lamenting how so many around the world hate Americans...and dismiss/justify it by saying, "they are just jealous of us...."   Right.  Got it.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #3710 on: August 16, 2018, 04:51:26 pm »

“whenever Trump crosses a line, it only emboldens people to follow him.”
“He says ‘Nazis are fine people,’ now Nazis throwing block parties in D.C.”
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LggwPPEmyqE

“Last year they came with torches. This year they come with badges.”
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/aug/12/charlottesville-anniversary-protest-anger-police-failures-white-supremacists

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3711 on: August 17, 2018, 08:42:52 am »

“whenever Trump crosses a line, it only emboldens people to follow him.”
“He says ‘Nazis are fine people,’ now Nazis throwing block parties in D.C.”
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LggwPPEmyqE

THAT is the more likely scenario.

And with other groups besides the ones mentioned, like handicapped people that Trump so loves to disparage.  How often do we get to enjoy the use of the word 'libtard' around here?   Regularly.

Used as a disparaging insult against Dems, Moderates, real Republicans - anyone else who isn't on the fascist bandwagon.  An insult directly taken from the "R" word of recent fame, specifically intended to cast aspersions that someone is the "lowest of the low" - in the same fashion that they feel mentally and physically handicapped people are also somehow subhuman - not worthy of basic human decency and respect.

This is what these people truly are.

Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3712 on: August 17, 2018, 10:06:25 am »

You think they have a cabinet member who is held down so Trump can punch on them?

"I can't have my PARADE!"

patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #3713 on: August 18, 2018, 04:35:16 pm »

I have a question about the Space Force....   When is Puerto Rico gonna get electricity??

When they get better lobbyists.

Trump backed 'space force' after months of lobbying by officials with ties to aerospace industry
http://www.latimes.com/nation/la-na-pol-trump-space-20180817-story.html

A Tulsa connection?

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3714 on: August 19, 2018, 11:19:00 am »

I always thought the issue was Hussein putting WMDs in the hands of terrorists rather than a direct link to 9/11 but that's simply my recollection.  As none of us were in the meetings where the decision to invade Iraq was made, I don't believe we will every fully know the rationale, though "Baby Bush defending Daddy Bush's failed war" will always be a popular meme.  Hindsight is always valuable.  Had that been a six month milk run instead of a long quagmire, I believe history would treat Bush II much differently.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3715 on: August 20, 2018, 09:39:57 am »

I always thought the issue was Hussein putting WMDs in the hands of terrorists rather than a direct link to 9/11 but that's simply my recollection.  As none of us were in the meetings where the decision to invade Iraq was made, I don't believe we will every fully know the rationale, though "Baby Bush defending Daddy Bush's failed war" will always be a popular meme.  Hindsight is always valuable.  Had that been a six month milk run instead of a long quagmire, I believe history would treat Bush II much differently.

The reports have all be put out there - Hussein was not involved with 9/11 at all.  And we knew that then.  As did Bush and the CIA.  CIA tried to soften the runaway train that was the Bush regime, but didn't slow them down one little bit.   It wasn't that much hindsight - there was plenty of foresight that was ignored.

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3716 on: August 21, 2018, 08:55:07 am »

No!!!   Say it ain't so....!!

Even though he was always lying about it.  And knew he was lying about it.  And the Minions still believed it....

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/trump-promised-bring-back-coal-080000417.html

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3717 on: August 21, 2018, 03:11:29 pm »

Move along...move along....  nothing to see here...!

https://www.yahoo.com/gma/jury-reaches-verdict-8-counts-manafort-trial-204159648--abc-news-topstories.html

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3718 on: August 21, 2018, 03:14:38 pm »

Ditto...

https://www.cnn.com/politics/live-news/michael-cohen-trump-lawyer-plea-deal-fbi/index.html

Hey, Minions - still waiting for the rationalization/excuses/deflection about the blatant dismissal of morals and ethics you are excusing, supporting, and condoning.  But that would require a straight answer, wouldn't it.??

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3719 on: August 22, 2018, 08:54:46 am »

So while the REAL news outlets were covering Manafort and Cohen yesterday, Fake Fox News wanted to know if cats are becoming too tall...  No REAL coverage.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/fox-news-covering-while-manafort-010331043.html

Pages: 1 ... 246 247 [248] 249 250 ... 277   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org