A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 18, 2024, 10:23:03 pm
Pages: 1 ... 238 239 [240] 241 242 ... 277   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: President Trump- The Implications  (Read 1450543 times)
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3585 on: July 16, 2018, 09:52:31 am »

Live press conference - Trump just called ALL of our intelligence agencies liars!!  Flat out said he believes Putin over all of our people!

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #3586 on: July 16, 2018, 11:25:03 am »

Trump is blaming the US for the bad relations with Russia? Seriously?

Aid and Comfort:

In blaming only previous U.S. leadership and the current Mueller probe for bad relations with Russia — and not Russia’s attack on our democracy, which is particularly galling, now that this attack has been described in great new detail — Trump is not merely spinning in a way that benefits himself. He’s also giving a gift to Putin, by signaling that he will continue to do all he can to delegitimize efforts to establish the full truth about Russian interference, which in turn telegraphs that Russia can continue such efforts in the future (which U.S. intelligence officials have warned will happen in the 2018 elections). In a sense, by doing this, Trump is colluding with such efforts right now.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/plum-line/wp/2018/07/16/trump-is-now-repaying-putin-for-helping-him-win-the-presidency/

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3587 on: July 16, 2018, 11:29:26 am »

Aid and Comfort:

In blaming only previous U.S. leadership and the current Mueller probe for bad relations with Russia — and not Russia’s attack on our democracy, which is particularly galling, now that this attack has been described in great new detail — Trump is not merely spinning in a way that benefits himself. He’s also giving a gift to Putin, by signaling that he will continue to do all he can to delegitimize efforts to establish the full truth about Russian interference, which in turn telegraphs that Russia can continue such efforts in the future (which U.S. intelligence officials have warned will happen in the 2018 elections). In a sense, by doing this, Trump is colluding with such efforts right now.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/plum-line/wp/2018/07/16/trump-is-now-repaying-putin-for-helping-him-win-the-presidency/

Yes, aid and comfort.

18 U.S. Code § 2381 - Treason

Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason and shall suffer death, or shall be imprisoned not less than five years and fined under this title but not less than $10,000; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3588 on: July 16, 2018, 12:56:47 pm »

Well, Russia scored pretty big. I assume they got more than they thought they could out of Trump.   The US regime remains hesitant on NATO (defeating the purpose of a co-defensive alliance). Feuds and insults Western Democratic leaders. Calls the EU a "foe." Believes a "powerful and strong denial" of Putin over US Intelligence and the GOP US Senate. No hint of letting up with our trade feuds with Mexico, Canada, the EU or China.  Trump failed to levy a single criticism against Russia when directly asked (but criticized his own country).

Western allies, trading partners, NATO, neighbors, the EU, immigrants or domestic political rivals = fine to insult and assign blame. When it comes to Putin or Charlottesville Nazis - its  "both sides."  Don't get me wrong, I don't think the President should run around insulting world leaders, but odd to do it to our allies and not people actively working to undermine our interests.
https://www.cnn.com/2017/08/15/politics/trump-charlottesville-delay/index.html

All that aside - read the transcript.  The President of the United States is unable to answer basic on-point questions without sounding like a Donald Trump mad-lib. Direct question: ramble ramble no answer investigation - Hillary - no collusion.  Why is this not concerning to everyone?  Not a rhetorical question.

This was probably the Trumpiest response. The question was - DO YOU HOLD RUSSIA ACCOUNTABLE FOR ANYTHING IN PARTICULAR?  The response:  You see, both the US and Russia are responsible, because the investigation, and Hillary, and Trump easily beat Hillary and there wasn't any collusion, and we have lots of nuclear weapons. 

See if you can spot any criticism of any Russia policy:

Mr. President, you tweeted this morning that it’s U.S. foolishness, stupidity and the Mueller probe that is responsible for the decline in U.S. relations with Russia.

Do you hold Russia at all accountable for anything in particular? And if so, what would you — what would you consider them — that they are responsible for?

TRUMP: Yes I do. I hold both countries responsible.

I think that the United States has been foolish. I think we’ve all been foolish. We should’ve had this dialogue a long time ago; a long time, frankly, before I got to office.

And I think we’re all to blame. I think that the United States now has stepped forward along with Russia, and we’re getting together and we have a chance to do some great things, whether it’s nuclear proliferation in terms of stopping — you have to do it, ultimately that’s probably the most important thing that we could be working on.

But I do feel that we have both made some mistakes. I think that the — the probe is a disaster for our country. I think it’s kept us apart, it’s kept us separated.

There was no collusion at all. Everybody knows it. And people are being brought out to the fore (ph). So far that I know, virtually none of it related to the campaign. And they’re going to have to try really hard to find somebody that did relate to the campaign.

That was a clean campaign. I beat Hillary Clinton easily. And, frankly, we beat her — and I’m not even saying from the standpoint — we won that race. And it’s a shame that there could even be a little bit of a cloud over it. People know that, people understand it. But the main thing — and we discussed this also — zero collusion.

And it has had a negative impact upon the relationship of the two largest nuclear powers in the world. We have 90 percent of nuclear power between the two countries.

It’s ridiculous. It’s ridiculous what’s going on with the probe.
http://time.com/5339848/donald-trump-vladimir-putin-summit-transcript/

Or this gem: Why do you believe Putin over every US intelligence agency?  Trump:  something something Hillary's email.

Just now, President Putin denied having anything to do with the election interference in 2016. Every U.S. intelligence agency has concluded that Russia did.

What — who — my first question for you, sir, is who do you believe?

My second question is would you now, with the whole world watching, tell President Putin, would you denounce what happened in 2016 and would you warn him to never do it again?

TRUMP [not Putin]: So let me just say that we have two thoughts. You have groups that are wondering why the FBI never took the server — haven’t they taken the server. Why was the FBI told to leave the office of the Democratic National Committee?

I’ve been wondering that, I’ve been asking that for months and months and I’ve been tweeting it out and calling it out on social media. Where is the server? I want to know where is the server and what is the server saying?

With that being said, all I can do is ask the question. My people came to me, Dan Coates came to me and some others, they said they think it’s Russia. I have President Putin; he just said it’s not Russia.

I will say this: I don’t see any reason why it would be. But I really do want to see the server.

But I have — I have confidence in both parties. I — I really believe that this will probably go on for a while, but I don’t think it can go on without finding out what happened to the server. What happened to the servers of the Pakistani gentleman that worked on the DNC? Where are those servers? They’re missing; where are they? What happened to Hillary Clinton’s e-mails? 33,000 e-mails gone — just gone. I think in Russia they wouldn’t be gone so easily. I think it’s a disgrace that we can’t get Hillary Clinton’s 33,000 e-mails.

TRUMP: So I have great confidence in my intelligence people, but I will tell you that President Putin was extremely strong and powerful in his denial today.

And what he did is an incredible offer. He offered to have the people working on the case come and work with their investigators with respect to the 12 people. I think that’s an incredible offer. OK?

Thank you.

Of course, they were all pretty good.  Question to Putin - why should Trump believe you over US intelligence agencies?  Trump:  The democrats lost the election. I won big.  We did great. The FBI and someone else said there was no lying. We ran a brilliant campaign, that's why I'm president.

Umm, what?

For President Putin, if I could follow up as well, why should Americans and why should President Trump believe your statement that Russia did not intervene in the 2016 election, given the evidence that U.S. intelligence agencies have provided?And will you consider extraditing the 12 Russian officials that were indicted last week by a U.S. grand jury?

TRUMP : Well, I’m going to let the president answer the second part of that question.

But, as you know, the whole concept of that came up perhaps a little bit before, but it came out as a reason why the Democrats lost an election which, frankly, they should have been able to win, because the Electoral College is much more advantageous for Democrats, as you know, than it is to Republicans.

We won the Electoral College by a lot: 306 to 223, I believe. And that was a well-fought — that was a well-fought battle. We did a great job.

And, frankly — I’m going to let the president speak to the second part of your question — but just to say it one time again — and I say it all the time — there was no collusion. I didn’t know the president. There was nobody to collude with. There was no collusion with the campaign.

And every time you hear all of these, you know, 12 and 14 — it’s stuff that has nothing to do — and, frankly, they admit these are not people involved in the campaign.

But to the average reader out there, they’re saying, “Well, maybe that does.” It doesn’t.

And even the people involved, some, perhaps, told mis-stories (ph). Or, in one case, the FBI said there was no lying. There was no lying. Somebody else said there was.

We ran a brilliant campaign, and that’s why I’m president.

Thank you.

This is very strange.

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3589 on: July 16, 2018, 02:02:54 pm »

Well, Russia scored pretty big. I assume they got more than they thought they could out of Trump.   The US regime remains hesitant on NATO (defeating the purpose of a co-defensive alliance). Feuds and insults Western Democratic leaders. Calls the EU a "foe." Believes a "powerful and strong denial" of Putin over US Intelligence and the GOP US Senate. No hint of letting up with our trade feuds with Mexico, Canada, the EU or China.  Trump failed to levy a single criticism against Russia when directly asked (but criticized his own country).

This is very strange.

This is the outward facing appearance of dementia.  And various types of psychosis.   

All the older people here will remember the early signs of Alzheimers in Reagan in his second term - and how his handlers did a great job of keeping him out of the public eye, except for those occasions when he could fall back on long term memory and use his decades of acting skills to get through an event.  And even that didn't always work.   Starting with his obvious confusion at times in the 1984 Presidential debates.  It is a long, downhill slide that Reagan was in during the middle of his term.  And Trump has been in for a while now - before his regime started.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3590 on: July 16, 2018, 07:11:02 pm »

So, Stormy Daniels is it perform in Tulsa. See Swake for advance tickets

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3591 on: July 16, 2018, 07:46:00 pm »

Oh hell no.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3592 on: July 17, 2018, 08:47:32 am »

He can't afford what Trump can afford, so won't happen.

Or more accurately, he would not stoop to that level, so won't happen.

patric
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3593 on: July 18, 2018, 08:39:20 am »

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3594 on: July 18, 2018, 09:53:39 am »

So we have gone from $400 billion deficits with Obama back to $1 Trillion annual deficits with Trump - back to the good ole days of the last Bush years....

The lie they were telling last year was that the debt would 'only' go up $1.5 Trillion over 10 years. Last year it went up over $500 Billion. Next year is $1 Trillion. The entire $1.5 Trillion in 2 years. Plus the remaining 8 years beyond that at more than $1 Trillion each.  Trump and Minions are on schedule to increase the debt by more than $11 Trillion.  But it must be 'good' debt if the Republicontins do it...!!

That is IF they don't get the new tax cuts they are talking about last week.

« Last Edit: July 18, 2018, 10:22:15 am by heironymouspasparagus » Logged

patric
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3595 on: July 18, 2018, 06:29:49 pm »

Apparently Putin told Trump "Hey you have a dozen Americans that committed crimes against us, too!" so Trump might agree to have them questioned.

White House entertaining Russian proposal to interrogate U.S. citizens
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/white-house-entertaining-russian-proposal-to-interrogate-u-s-citizens/

Ed W
City Father

« Reply #3596 on: July 18, 2018, 07:15:46 pm »

And in other news, Trump backtracked on yesterday's backtrack, saying he no longer believes Russian hackers are trying to mess with our elections. He also stated the WW3 could result from aggressive actions by Montenegro, a country admitted to NATO during his administration with his support. Article 5 of the UN charter says an attack on one member is an attack on all, yet Trump seems unwilling to adhere to that idea.

And it's only Wednesday. Can we invoke the 25th yet?

Ed

May you live in interesting times.
patric
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3597 on: July 19, 2018, 08:48:48 am »

And it's only Wednesday. Can we invoke the 25th yet?

The willingness of the White House to contemplate handing over a former U.S. ambassador for interrogation by the Kremlin drew ire and astonishment from current and former U.S. officials. Such a proposition is unheard of. So is the notion that the president may think he has the legal authority to turn anyone over to a foreign power on his own.

“Even during the Stalin era, the Soviet government never had the audacity to try to arrest US government officials.”

“I hope the White House corrects the record and denounces in categorical terms this ridiculous request from Putin,” McFaul wrote. “Not doing so creates moral equivalency” between a legitimate “US indictment of Russian intelligence officers and a crazy, completely fabricated story invented by Putin.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2018/07/19/trump-putin-conversation-about-russian-interrogation-of-u-s-diplomat-prompts-outrage-astonishment/

Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #3598 on: July 19, 2018, 09:45:18 am »

The willingness of the White House to contemplate handing over a former U.S. ambassador for interrogation by the Kremlin drew ire and astonishment from current and former U.S. officials. Such a proposition is unheard of. So is the notion that the president may think he has the legal authority to turn anyone over to a foreign power on his own.

“Even during the Stalin era, the Soviet government never had the audacity to try to arrest US government officials.”

“I hope the White House corrects the record and denounces in categorical terms this ridiculous request from Putin,” McFaul wrote. “Not doing so creates moral equivalency” between a legitimate “US indictment of Russian intelligence officers and a crazy, completely fabricated story invented by Putin.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2018/07/19/trump-putin-conversation-about-russian-interrogation-of-u-s-diplomat-prompts-outrage-astonishment/

They gotta have something on him.  Now he's playing both ends.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3599 on: July 19, 2018, 10:23:58 am »

They gotta have something on him.  Now he's playing both ends.

Man, they must...or his mental degeneration is worse than Reagan's
Pages: 1 ... 238 239 [240] 241 242 ... 277   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org