A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 01:30:02 am
Pages: 1 ... 231 232 [233] 234 235 ... 277   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: President Trump- The Implications  (Read 1455381 times)
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3480 on: June 18, 2018, 09:47:51 am »

I ran across on the other day that I liked...

It's hotter than a Sriracha enema.

And I thought a hot cheese enema sounded painful.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3481 on: June 18, 2018, 10:49:52 am »

And I thought a hot cheese enema sounded painful.

Back in younger years, coffee enema sounded "over the top" - way too much - to me!!   Stuff going round today makes that seem rather mundane...

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3482 on: June 18, 2018, 01:07:40 pm »

Just read Comey is now under IG investigation over handling of classified information. Everyone is now investigating everyone.

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3483 on: June 18, 2018, 01:20:04 pm »

Just read Comey is now under IG investigation over handling of classified information. Everyone is now investigating everyone.

Good!  They all should be investigated!   Comey skated dangerously close to treason.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3484 on: June 18, 2018, 01:42:44 pm »

Just another one of Trump's lies - that he could somehow 'save' coal plants from shutting down, against all the laws of economics!   At least the utility companies are so stupid as the average Trump Minion who bought into that BS.   Especially given the fact that there are over 4 million jobs in true clean energy, with almost 800,000 of them in renewables like solar/wind.   Compared to only about 160,000 and shrinking in mining industry - mostly coal!

But hey, the odd colors in the Minions fantasy world could at least be entertaining to see for a few minutes...maybe.  If ya like delusional, drug-induced, coma nonsense.   Breadburner??   That would be one explanation for you!

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/m/cf878da7-1b05-317e-983f-b7c95d7fd788/ss_coal-plants-keep-shutting.html

cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3485 on: June 19, 2018, 07:18:49 am »

What is the Trump administration's official position on the family separation issue?  

It is their policy and it is to deter illegal immigration and put political pressure on Congress.
It is not their policy and it would be improper to use separation as a deterrent or political pressure.
The Bible told them to do it.
They are just following an old law.
The Democrats passed a new law.
It isn't happening at all.
Obama did worse (many pictures of the unaccompanied minors that arrived during Obama admin).

I'd be happy to debate the merits of the plan.  But we need to be clear that it is happening, what the plan is, and what the purpose of the plan is supposed to be.  At this point, it isn't clear if the administration is incompetent and doesn't know what's happening, is incompetent and didn't realize this would create an issue,  is incompetent and unable to message properly, is happy to tell naked lies and sow confusion to achieve a goal, or something else. The story has taken on a life of its own and the world is judging us harshly - if that's the consequence of an action after due consideration, so be it.  But it sure doesn't seem like we have thought this through or ran a cost/benefit of any kind.

Like most things Trump, you can't even get to the merits of the issue because the issue is so convoluted.  HEY LOOK, SPACE FORCE!

« Last Edit: June 19, 2018, 07:20:31 am by cannon_fodder » Logged

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3486 on: June 19, 2018, 08:14:40 am »

What is the Trump administration's official position on the family separation issue?  

It is their policy and it is to deter illegal immigration and put political pressure on Congress.
It is not their policy and it would be improper to use separation as a deterrent or political pressure.
The Bible told them to do it.
They are just following an old law.
The Democrats passed a new law.
It isn't happening at all.
Obama did worse (many pictures of the unaccompanied minors that arrived during Obama admin).

I'd be happy to debate the merits of the plan.  But we need to be clear that it is happening, what the plan is, and what the purpose of the plan is supposed to be.  At this point, it isn't clear if the administration is incompetent and doesn't know what's happening, is incompetent and didn't realize this would create an issue,  is incompetent and unable to message properly, is happy to tell naked lies and sow confusion to achieve a goal, or something else. The story has taken on a life of its own and the world is judging us harshly - if that's the consequence of an action after due consideration, so be it.  But it sure doesn't seem like we have thought this through or ran a cost/benefit of any kind.

Like most things Trump, you can't even get to the merits of the issue because the issue is so convoluted.  HEY LOOK, SPACE FORCE!

This is what we are.  This is what we do.  This is what we have always been.  Not a country of 'rule of law', but a country of expediency, bending and twisting the law (or just ignoring it completely) to do what we want to do. 

We took children from their parents and sold them.  For hundreds of years
We took children from their parents and put them in concentration camps separately in WWII.  Japanese - note that it didn't happen to Germans.
We took children from their Native parents and put them in concentration camps away from family until that was finally outlawed in 1976.

We are taking children from their parents and putting them in cages today.   

It is NOT Christian!   It is NOT moral!  It is not decent!   It IS what we ARE and what we DO!!

None of this based on any kind of law whatsoever - regardless of what the RWRE is blathering about when they talk about the Flores consent decree.  (They have never read it and have no understanding of any part of it - just as in so many other things!)

And for those on that extremist right spectrum, one only has to take a quick scan of Matthew 18:1-10 for a reminder for a tiny glimpse of WWJD.   I am sure none will avail themselves of that opportunity.

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3487 on: June 19, 2018, 10:23:20 am »

Wow!   More inane, disgusting, rationalizations of vile behavior.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=3&v=y2NFp24hv04

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3488 on: June 19, 2018, 10:28:29 am »

On propaganda... it is the Fake Fox News approach to 'reporting' - I could not have described their methodology any better!  Rupert and Putin are up on their reading of history.  Shame the American people are not.

Propaganda must not investigate the truth objectively and, in so far as it is favorable to the other side, present it according to the theoretical rules of justice; yet it must present only that aspect of the truth which is favorable to its own side.  The receptive powers of the masses are very restricted, and their understanding is feeble. On the other hand, they quickly forget. Such being the case, all effective propaganda must be confined to a few bare essentials and those must be expressed as far as possible in stereotyped formulas. These slogans should be persistently repeated until the very last individual has come to grasp the idea that has been put forward.  Every change that is made in the subject of a propagandist message must always emphasize the same conclusion. The leading slogan must of course be illustrated in many ways and from several angles, but in the end one must always return to the assertion of the same formula.

Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #3489 on: June 19, 2018, 10:42:56 am »

On propaganda... it is the Fake Fox News approach to 'reporting' - I could not have described their methodology any better!  Rupert and Putin are up on their reading of history.  Shame the American people are not.

Propaganda must not investigate the truth objectively and, in so far as it is favorable to the other side, present it according to the theoretical rules of justice; yet it must present only that aspect of the truth which is favorable to its own side.  The receptive powers of the masses are very restricted, and their understanding is feeble. On the other hand, they quickly forget. Such being the case, all effective propaganda must be confined to a few bare essentials and those must be expressed as far as possible in stereotyped formulas. These slogans should be persistently repeated until the very last individual has come to grasp the idea that has been put forward.  Every change that is made in the subject of a propagandist message must always emphasize the same conclusion. The leading slogan must of course be illustrated in many ways and from several angles, but in the end one must always return to the assertion of the same formula.

Falls here too I think.  Goebbels called it "The Big Lie":

“If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it. The lie can be maintained only for such time as the State can shield the people from the political, economic and/or military consequences of the lie. It thus becomes vitally important for the State to use all of its powers to repress dissent, for the truth is the mortal enemy of the lie, and thus by extension, the truth is the greatest enemy of the State.”

Joseph Goebbels

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3490 on: June 19, 2018, 10:50:06 am »

Falls here too I think.  Goebbels called it "The Big Lie":

Yep.   Don't stop digging - there is more to the story of my quote.

patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #3491 on: June 19, 2018, 10:58:01 am »

On propaganda... it is the Fake Fox News approach to 'reporting' - I could not have described their methodology any better!  Rupert and Putin are up on their reading of history.  Shame the American people are not.

One crucial factor in creating a cohesive group is to define who is excluded from membership. Propagandists contributed to the regime's policies by publicly identifying groups for exclusion, inciting hatred or cultivating indifference, and justifying their pariah status to the populace. Propaganda played a crucial role in selling the myth of the “national community” to (those) who longed for unity, national pride and greatness, and a break with the rigid social stratification of the past.
https://www.ushmm.org/wlc/en/article.php?ModuleId=10007819

President Donald Trump amplified his heated immigration rhetoric on Tuesday, accusing Democrats of wanting "illegal immigrants ... to pour into and infest our country," language evoking images of pests, not human beings.
https://www.cnn.com/2018/06/19/politics/trump-illegal-immigrants-infest/index.html
« Last Edit: June 19, 2018, 10:59:35 am by patric » Logged

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3492 on: June 19, 2018, 01:12:46 pm »

If you want to protest the UN Human Rights council, you really shouldn't wait to do it until the day after they criticize your regime for your family seperation policy. It doesn't send a strong signal.   It send  more of a Soviet style "we didn't want to play with you anyway" kind of vibe.

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3493 on: June 19, 2018, 02:08:39 pm »

If you want to protest the UN Human Rights council, you really shouldn't wait to do it until the day after they criticize your regime for your family seperation policy. It doesn't send a strong signal.   It send  more of a Soviet style "we didn't want to play with you anyway" kind of vibe.

Sends exactly the signal Trump and his Minions have been trying to send all along.  Exactly what you said.   Russia TV in conjunction with Rupert Murdoch set the play book.  And Trump gleefully follows along so he can stay in their good graces.

Ed W
City Father

« Reply #3494 on: June 19, 2018, 03:44:31 pm »

...well, that and the fact that the Obama administration got us a seat on the human rights committee in the first place. Anything Obama did is tainted according to Trumpworld.

Ed

May you live in interesting times.
Pages: 1 ... 231 232 [233] 234 235 ... 277   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org