A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 09:40:58 pm
Pages: 1 ... 202 203 [204] 205 206 ... 277   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: President Trump- The Implications  (Read 1468141 times)
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3045 on: May 09, 2018, 09:08:55 am »

Yeah, great move. Iran is far, far more dangerous than North Korea and now they can go back to building a bomb. Also this pisses off our allies, will drive up gas prices and Boeing is about to lose a $20 billion deal for planes.

And it also pisses off the Iranians. You know, these guys whose side you are on.

https://www.rt.com/news/426258-death-to-america-iranian-parliament/
« Last Edit: May 09, 2018, 09:13:25 am by guido911 » Logged

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3046 on: May 09, 2018, 09:57:14 am »

And it also pisses off the Iranians. You know, these guys whose side you are on.

https://www.rt.com/news/426258-death-to-america-iranian-parliament/

How exactly am I "on their side" when I say they are more dangerous that North Korea? It's better for us for them to not have nuclear weapons and to bind them into the world economy.
BKDotCom
City Father

« Reply #3047 on: May 09, 2018, 10:07:19 am »

Everyone else is pissed off, so we must be #winning!

That's not how things work.
It's not a zero-sum game.
like guido said.  It'd be best for everyone if Iran doesn't have nuclear capability / contributes to world economy
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3048 on: May 09, 2018, 10:14:42 am »

Paul Ryan is Catholic.  Just sayin'

Yeah.  Lapsed Catholic.  Obviously.  Catering to the tea party Evangelistas.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3049 on: May 09, 2018, 10:23:56 am »

Everyone else is pissed off, so we must be #winning!

That's not how things work.
It's not a zero-sum game.
like guido said.  It'd be best for everyone if Iran doesn't have nuclear capability / contributes to world economy

And yet, now we are back to encouraging the making them nuclear capable.  And obstructing them from contributing to world economy.  Standard Trump.

And if everyone else is pissed off, then maybe we should be pulling our heads out a little bit to try to figure out why, instead of celebrating and reveling in our collective ignorance.   Well, we know why...but you get the idea.

It's all about the spite... the outrage of having a black man in the white house.  Physically, spiritually, intellectually.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3050 on: May 09, 2018, 11:58:43 am »

Full blown, bat-sh$t crazy - even more than normal - with overtones of immorality, low values, with endorsement and advocacy of criminal activity.   NRA elects Oliver North as next President of the organization!!

It is unlikely to make me resign my Lifetime membership, but I have called (they didn't really care...) to express my displeasure.  This is temporary and hopefully they will change soon to get someone with less criminal background.

erfalf
City Father

« Reply #3051 on: May 09, 2018, 12:04:16 pm »

Yeah, great move. Iran is far, far more dangerous than North Korea and now they can go back to building a bomb. Also this pisses off our allies, will drive up gas prices and Boeing is about to lose a $20 billion deal for planes.

Not able to connect the dots on the Boeing deal huh?

"Trust but Verify." - The Gipper
Oil Capital
City Father

« Reply #3052 on: May 09, 2018, 12:11:47 pm »

Full blown, bat-sh$t crazy -

But enough about you.

swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3053 on: May 09, 2018, 12:58:29 pm »

Not able to connect the dots on the Boeing deal huh?

Oh, please do share.
erfalf
City Father

« Reply #3054 on: May 09, 2018, 02:53:37 pm »

Oh, please do share.

It's enough to condemn others (Trump), but you find no coincidences in the fact that ONLY Boeing is allowed to negotiate with Iran post deal. Obama is never susceptible to corporate cronies and he would never do a deal that essentially amounted to a hand shake between the Iranian leadership (which technically they didn't sign) and a now private citizen.

"Trust but Verify." - The Gipper
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3055 on: May 09, 2018, 03:01:36 pm »

It's enough to condemn others (Trump), but you find no coincidences in the fact that ONLY Boeing is allowed to negotiate with Iran post deal. Obama is never susceptible to corporate cronies and he would never do a deal that essentially amounted to a hand shake between the Iranian leadership (which technically they didn't sign) and a now private citizen.

Only Boeing? Boeing got a $20 billion deal and Airbus got a $17 billion deal to replace the aging planes in the Iranian state airline. Both deals are now dead. They are the only large airliner manufacturers in the world. There are no others. 

So what on earth are you talking about now?
dbacksfan 2.0
City Father

« Reply #3056 on: May 09, 2018, 03:19:45 pm »

Only Boeing? Boeing got a $20 billion deal and Airbus got a $17 billion deal to replace the aging planes in the Iranian state airline. Both deals are now dead. They are the only large airliner manufacturers in the world. There are no others.  

So what on earth are you talking about now?

Won't affect Boeing at all. They have not even started production of them. Their stock was up $6.00 today and $22.00 since last week.

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Boeing Co's (BA.N) chief executive said on Wednesday the company will ensure its 737 production will not be hurt after the United States revoked its license to sell jets to IranAir and that none of the 737 aircraft it had expected to sell to Iran were in its backlog of orders.

Dennis Muilenburg, who spoke at a luncheon for the Economic Club in Washington, also said the company continued to make progress in talks with Brazil's Embraer SA (EMBR3.SA), adding the deal is not something Boeing "must do."

U.S. Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin said on Tuesday that licenses for Boeing Co and Airbus (AIR.PA) to sell passenger jets to Iran would be revoked as part of sanctions imposed following President Donald Trump's decision to pull the United States out of the 2015 Iran nuclear agreement.

IranAir had ordered 200 passenger aircraft: 100 from Airbus SE (AIR.PA), 80 from Boeing and 20 from Franco-Italian turboprop maker ATR. All the deals are dependent on U.S. licenses because of the heavy use of American parts in commercial planes.

Regarding the Brazilian deal, Boeing and Embraer were discussing a tie-up to create a new company in which the U.S. planemaker would have an 80.01 percent stake and the Brazilian firm 19.99 percent.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/boeing-ceo-says-end-iran-174514105.html

Boeing Co. Chief Executive Officer Dennis Muilenburg downplayed the loss of jetliner sales to Iranian air carriers caused by President Donald Trump’s decision to withdraw from the Iran nuclear deal.

Muilenburg said Wednesday that his company had not committed production slots for the Iranian orders of Boeing’s 777 widebody and 737 MAX jetliners and would continue to “follow the U.S. government’s lead” when it comes to Iran.

Shares rose as Muilenburg spoke during a luncheon event put on by the Economic Club of Washington, D.C. They were at $345.29, up 2.1 percent in New York trading at 1:28 p.m.

The Trump administration moved Tuesday to reimpose sanctions on the Islamic Republic that had been lifted as part of a multinational nuclear pact negotiated during the Obama administration.

U.S. Treasury Secretary Steve Mnuchin said on Tuesday the measures would include cancelling export licenses issued to Boeing and rival Airbus SE to sell about $40 billion worth of jetliners to Iranian carriers.

Muilenburg said it was “very important” that the cancellations applied to both companies, preserving "a level playing field."

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-05-09/boeing-ceo-downplays-impact-of-trump-canceling-iran-licenses
« Last Edit: May 09, 2018, 03:22:14 pm by dbacksfan 2.0 » Logged
Ed W
City Father

« Reply #3057 on: May 09, 2018, 04:23:03 pm »

I don't understand why this agreement was dropped, other than Trump's circular logic that it's a bad deal because it's a bad deal. Has he offered any reasons, any facts at all?

Iran would have had unrestricted nuclear development capability in 2030. Trump has given them that now. How is that better?

Ed

May you live in interesting times.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3058 on: May 09, 2018, 04:45:52 pm »

I don't understand why this agreement was dropped, other than Trump's circular logic that it's a bad deal because it's a bad deal. Has he offered any reasons, any facts at all?

Iran would have had unrestricted nuclear development capability in 2030. Trump has given them that now. How is that better?

It was always a bad deal.  I can't offer specifics, it just was.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3059 on: May 09, 2018, 05:16:27 pm »

But enough about you.

Lol....

Here is a version of 'Ice Ice Baby' for everyone's evening enjoyment....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YC3IxxYsIN8

Pages: 1 ... 202 203 [204] 205 206 ... 277   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org