A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 09:43:42 pm
Pages: 1 ... 187 188 [189] 190 191 ... 277   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: President Trump- The Implications  (Read 1472965 times)
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #2820 on: March 19, 2018, 12:41:18 pm »

Confirmed what I already understood to be the case. I completely understand at this point that he hasn't been charged with anything so technically he hasn't been convicted of a crime, but is no less innocent in my eyes for being caught red handed lying to and circumventing the FBI's controls.

Regarding Trump, it's not as if I hold him in high esteem, however, he has tread lightly enough (I can't believe I just said that) so as to not be caught in an obvious obstruction of justice complaint....yet? I am open to be proven wrong, and will accept whatever it is that Mueller and team find or doesn't. I am of the belief that until he is actually found guilty of something that prohibits him from being President or he is successfully impeached, then he is actually the president and should be allowed to act as such, whether I like him or not.

His tweets matter though, and you can be sure Mueller will take those into account.  If Mueller is fired by Rosenstein then I'm sure, as Lindsay Graham has said, it will be the end of his presidency.

His ego gets out in front of his common sense.  Every.Time.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2821 on: March 19, 2018, 03:35:26 pm »

What common sense?

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #2822 on: March 19, 2018, 04:42:12 pm »

What common sense?

Thought about that once I posted it...LOL.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #2823 on: March 19, 2018, 05:21:52 pm »

His tweets matter though, and you can be sure Mueller will take those into account.  If Mueller is fired by Rosenstein then I'm sure, as Lindsay Graham has said, it will be the end of his presidency.

It really is just "reality TV" isnt it?

Cambridge Analytica, Trump-Tied Political Firm, Offered to Entrap Politicians
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/03/19/us/cambridge-analytica-alexander-nix.html

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
dbacksfan 2.0
City Father

« Reply #2824 on: March 19, 2018, 05:34:31 pm »

You ok with all the felonies Trump has committed and continues to do??   Rhetorical question - obviously.

I ask you and anybody else here, what felonies has Trump committed and been charged with? Not all the allegations, accusations, speculations and any other guessing crap, show me one felony that he has been actually charged with.
dbacksfan 2.0
City Father

« Reply #2825 on: March 19, 2018, 05:42:14 pm »

It really is just "reality TV" isnt it?

Cambridge Analytica, Trump-Tied Political Firm, Offered to Entrap Politicians
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/03/19/us/cambridge-analytica-alexander-nix.html

Facebook sold the information of their members to anyone that wanted the info and allowed them to develop applications to mine the data on Facebook at will. They started this with Cambridge back when Obama ran in 2012 and he was praised for using technology to help him get re-elected. Hillary got ticked because Obama's IT people would not share the info with her.

There may be a bias issue when former President Barack Obama is praised for using data to enhance his social media strategy and Donald Trump is not, crisis management expert Eric Dezenhall told CNBC on Monday.

Dezenhall, who said he is not a Trump supporter, noted on "Squawk Box" that the public adored Obama after he credited his success during the 2008 election in part by how his campaign used social media.

Now with Trump there is a "whiff of criminality," he said.

"Why is it innovative when the Obama campaign did it and sleazy when the Trump campaign did it?" asked Dezenhall, CEO of crisis communication consulting firm Dezenhall Resources.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/03/19/crisis-manager-why-is-trump-use-of-social-data-bad-and-obama-good.html
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2826 on: March 19, 2018, 05:44:09 pm »

I ask you and anybody else here, what felonies has Trump committed and been charged with? Not all the allegations, accusations, speculations and any other guessing crap, show me one felony that he has been actually charged with.

Federal housing law  violations - at least a couple - and he got out by paying slap on the wrist fines.

Federal immigration law violations - not just hiring illegals, but specifically importing them to work on his hotels.  Fines again.

If you would turn away from Fake Fox News once in a while you may know about his past a little more.  Plus all the other vile things he does that the so-called evangelicals just look away from or ignore or don't bother to vet and find out.  (Sound familiar?)

Not even going to just the general disgustingly bad taste of walking in on the naked teenagers - which IS a felony that should have been prosecuted.  Or calling out POW's cowards.  Or ridicule of  handicapped.  The list goes on, but you won't hear about it on Fake Fox News.  Or any of the other alt-right extremist outlets.  Or Russia TV.

At what point does lying to US citizens go beyond a "line" with you??   Billy Bob broke that barrier lying about hanky panky in the White House.  Trump has over 2,000 documented lies in his first year of office.   Myopic Trump Vision hard at work on the extremist right.  Of course.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2827 on: March 19, 2018, 05:45:25 pm »

Facebook sold the information of their members to anyone that wanted the info and allowed them to develop applications to mine the data on Facebook at will. They started this with Cambridge back when Obama ran in 2012 and he was praised for using technology to help him get re-elected. Hillary got ticked because Obama's IT people would not share the info with her.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/03/19/crisis-manager-why-is-trump-use-of-social-data-bad-and-obama-good.html

Tempest in a tea pot.  Everyone who uses Facebook specifically and literally gave them permission to do exactly this.  By definition.  Don't come whining when you signed up for it !!

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
dbacksfan 2.0
City Father

« Reply #2828 on: March 19, 2018, 06:11:44 pm »

Federal housing law  violations - at least a couple - and he got out by paying slap on the wrist fines.

Federal immigration law violations - not just hiring illegals, but specifically importing them to work on his hotels.  Fines again.

If you would turn away from Fake Fox News once in a while you may know about his past a little more.  Plus all the other vile things he does that the so-called evangelicals just look away from or ignore or don't bother to vet and find out.  (Sound familiar?)

Not even going to just the general disgustingly bad taste of walking in on the naked teenagers - which IS a felony that should have been prosecuted.  Or calling out POW's cowards.  Or ridicule of  handicapped.  The list goes on, but you won't hear about it on Fake Fox News.  Or any of the other alt-right extremist outlets.  Or Russia TV.

At what point does lying to US citizens go beyond a "line" with you??   Billy Bob broke that barrier lying about hanky panky in the White House.  Trump has over 2,000 documented lies in his first year of office.   Myopic Trump Vision hard at work on the extremist right.  Of course.

Blah, blah, blah. You're just like the Herman's Hermits song "I'm Henry VIII, I Am" "Second verse, same as the first".
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #2829 on: March 19, 2018, 07:38:19 pm »

Facebook sold the information of their members to anyone that wanted the info and allowed them to develop applications to mine the data on Facebook at will. They started this with Cambridge back when Obama ran in 2012 and he was praised for using technology to help him get re-elected.

It might not be an apples-to-apples comparrison.

The CEO of the Trump 2016 data firm was recorded pitching illegal overseas campaign tactics
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/politics/wp/2018/03/19/the-ceo-of-the-trump-2016-data-firm-was-recorded-pitching-illegal-overseas-campaign-tactics/

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
TeeDub
« Reply #2830 on: March 19, 2018, 08:45:03 pm »

I thought he asked for felonies...   Apparently you talk it, but don't have any facts.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2831 on: March 19, 2018, 09:12:22 pm »

I thought he asked for felonies...   Apparently you talk it, but don't have any facts.

It's hearsay, I mean that's all you need to convict someone of a felony, right?

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
dbacksfan 2.0
City Father

« Reply #2832 on: March 19, 2018, 09:48:07 pm »

It might not be an apples-to-apples comparrison.

The CEO of the Trump 2016 data firm was recorded pitching illegal overseas campaign tactics
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/politics/wp/2018/03/19/the-ceo-of-the-trump-2016-data-firm-was-recorded-pitching-illegal-overseas-campaign-tactics/

Yeah, everything has been pitched in the digital age since about 1995. You know, just like lighting and LED billboards, business lighting, highway lighting, and the fact that city ordinances are out dated, and it's all light pollution.
erfalf
City Father

« Reply #2833 on: March 20, 2018, 08:06:47 am »

Tempest in a tea pot.  Everyone who uses Facebook specifically and literally gave them permission to do exactly this.  By definition.  Don't come whining when you signed up for it !!

Now this I agree with. The "outrage" seems comical. Higher ed has been mining this stuff for quite some time now, even before Obama's "geniuses" came along and figured out how to exploit it as well.

The only crime Facebook or anyone involved with mining their data has committed is offending it's users. Any advice Facebook needs now is purely PR related. And in fairness to their management's decisions, how could they have known that something that has been going on for years would all of a sudden one day be a problem?

"Trust but Verify." - The Gipper
erfalf
City Father

« Reply #2834 on: March 20, 2018, 08:09:27 am »

To your last point, the electorate has grown weary of, and quite frankly, expects this from our politicians, and they have for decades now. The scale is obviously sliding, but none the less expected of every politician.

"Trust but Verify." - The Gipper
Pages: 1 ... 187 188 [189] 190 191 ... 277   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org