A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 04:13:38 pm
Pages: 1 ... 168 169 [170] 171 172 ... 277   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: President Trump- The Implications  (Read 1469053 times)
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2535 on: February 04, 2018, 07:48:12 pm »

And yet, something for Paul Ryan to crow about...!  I guess when that's all ya got, ya go with that.

Shows a lack of imagination and ideals.  Come to think of it, Paul Ryan might fit in with the misfits in the Oklahoma Legislature.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2536 on: February 05, 2018, 09:21:42 am »

Shows a lack of imagination and ideals.  Come to think of it, Paul Ryan might fit in with the misfits in the Oklahoma Legislature.

Yuck!   Just what we need...more of the same ole sh$t !

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2537 on: February 05, 2018, 11:15:28 am »

Just another example of stupid - and lying - by Pedophile in Chief.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-attacks-britains-public-healthcare-system-134813697.html

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2538 on: February 05, 2018, 12:12:45 pm »

And the hijacking of the Republican party just keeps on rolling.... Good job, Illinois!!

https://www.yahoo.com/news/actual-nazi-republican-nomination-congressional-103720194.html

erfalf
City Father

« Reply #2539 on: February 05, 2018, 12:12:50 pm »

Just another example of stupid - and lying - by Pedophile in Chief.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-attacks-britains-public-healthcare-system-134813697.html

So...Trump says...
"The Democrats are pushing for Universal HealthCare while thousands of people are marching in the UK because their U system is going broke and not working,"  

The tweet came after thousands of people marched through central London on Saturday in support of more funding for the state-funded National Health Service (NHS), which is straining under the weight of winter demand.

While crass around the edges (as usual) he seems pretty spot on if you ask me. People don't march in the streets when things are great you know. Maybe we should consider a better option. We do live in a non-binary world you know.

"Trust but Verify." - The Gipper
erfalf
City Father

« Reply #2540 on: February 05, 2018, 12:14:58 pm »

And the hijacking of the Republican party just keeps on rolling.... Good job, Illinois!!

https://www.yahoo.com/news/actual-nazi-republican-nomination-congressional-103720194.html

So in a district that is odds on to go Democrat, a nut ball runs, and you somehow have made the link to the Republican party, even though it is a free country and not a penny has been spent on the candidate by the party.

Six degrees of Kevin Bacon/racists/Nazis/whatever other bogey men there are out there. This is way beneath your intelligence.

erfalf
City Father

« Reply #2541 on: February 05, 2018, 12:19:37 pm »

The equivelant would be me saying that since Conyers won Senate seats over and over and he's a sexual harrasser, that we need to fight this kind of people (Democrats) and make sure they never win again.

Yeah, it's stupid here too.

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2542 on: February 05, 2018, 12:21:48 pm »

So...Trump says...
"The Democrats are pushing for Universal HealthCare while thousands of people are marching in the UK because their U system is going broke and not working,"  

The tweet came after thousands of people marched through central London on Saturday in support of more funding for the state-funded National Health Service (NHS), which is straining under the weight of winter demand.

While crass around the edges (as usual) he seems pretty spot on if you ask me. People don't march in the streets when things are great you know. Maybe we should consider a better option. We do live in a non-binary world you know.

Except for the fact that it is not going broke, nor is it broken.  And is working in the real world - every day.

Just more of his distortions and lies.

As for "straining under the weight of winter demand" - applies even more to that magnificent example of health systems - #38 in the world - the US health system!   Even worse than UK.  And where US Congress can't even get a budget passed for more than a week or two at a time.  Bet you that the UK system will be "fixed" in days/weeks rather than years/decades that ours has been broken.

Classic case of pot/kettle.

erfalf
City Father

« Reply #2543 on: February 05, 2018, 12:25:13 pm »

Except for the fact that it is not going broke, nor is it broken.  And is working in the real world - every day.

Just more of his distortions and lies.

As for "straining under the weight of winter demand" - applies even more to that magnificent example of health systems - #38 in the world - the US health system!   Even worse than UK.  And where US Congress can't even get a budget passed for more than a week or two at a time.  Bet you that the UK system will be "fixed" in days/weeks rather than years/decades that ours has been broken.

Classic case of pot/kettle.

All measures are arbitrary and you know that. It's not going broke but it needs more money. Is that liberal speak for doing wonderfully?

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2544 on: February 05, 2018, 12:26:13 pm »

So in a district that is odds on to go Democrat, a nut ball runs, and you somehow have made the link to the Republican party, even though it is a free country and not a penny has been spent on the candidate by the party.

Six degrees of Kevin Bacon/racists/Nazis/whatever other bogey men there are out there. This is way beneath your intelligence.

No.  Not at all.  This is just the latest example of what I have said for years about the Hijacked Republican Party - both here and elsewhere.  The pinnacle of which was Trump himself calling them "good, fine people".   You do remember more than 3 days ago...??

And given Trump's "leading by example" for decades with his continuous, serial, breaking of Federal Housing laws, specifically targeting blacks and other minorities, well, it really isn't that tough to make the connection.  Wonder why his Minions have so much trouble with it??

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2545 on: February 05, 2018, 12:27:43 pm »

All measures are arbitrary and you know that. It's not going broke but it needs more money. Is that liberal speak for doing wonderfully?

It's reality speak for "it's working".  And has for generations.

The Hijacked Republican Party Kook-Aid just interferes with the understanding neurons for so many...

erfalf
City Father

« Reply #2546 on: February 05, 2018, 12:32:31 pm »

It's reality speak for "it's working".  And has for generations.

The Hijacked Republican Party Kook-Aid just interferes with the understanding neurons for so many...

My point is that it is debatable whether it works any better or worse than other systems out there, ours included. There are pros AND CONS to every system, NHS included. But let's stick with calling the other side stupid. That solves a lot of real problems.

erfalf
City Father

« Reply #2547 on: February 05, 2018, 12:34:53 pm »

No.  Not at all.  This is just the latest example of what I have said for years about the Hijacked Republican Party - both here and elsewhere.  The pinnacle of which was Trump himself calling them "good, fine people".   You do remember more than 3 days ago...??

And given Trump's "leading by example" for decades with his continuous, serial, breaking of Federal Housing laws, specifically targeting blacks and other minorities, well, it really isn't that tough to make the connection.  Wonder why his Minions have so much trouble with it??

Probably the same reason the Dems have so much trouble understanding their racist past. But we could go on for days about that. I'm not going to bother because I don't paint with that broad of a brush (as you do apparently). Republicans bad (ALL), Democrats good (or not as bad). My take is Republicans ~ Democrats. There's just a little difference around the edges. Go back less than a decade and you have Obama touting defending our borders at the SOTU. It's all for show (and money). The positions of both sides have little if any grounds in some sort of moral convictions or something and much much more to do with getting elected (aka keeping the gravy train going).

Ibanez
City Father

« Reply #2548 on: February 05, 2018, 02:11:53 pm »

So...Trump says...

Well, yeah....except for the part where he/you leave out the information that explains why the NHS is struggling. You know, because the conservatives have not been allowing the budget for the National Department of Health to grow at the level it is supposed to. At the time of its creation it was expected that the budget should increase at 4.3% per year to keep pace with rising costs, population growth, population aging, etc..... Throughout its history it has been allowed to grow by 4%. The conservatives have limited the increase to 1.2% for the last two years.
erfalf
City Father

« Reply #2549 on: February 05, 2018, 02:13:53 pm »

Well, yeah....except for the part where he/you leave out the information that explains why the NHS is struggling. You know, because the conservatives have not been allowing the budget for the National Department of Health to grow at the level it is supposed to. At the time of its creation it was expected that the budget should increase at 4.3% per year to keep pace with rising costs, population growth, population aging, etc..... Throughout its history it has been allowed to grow by 4%. The conservatives have limited the increase to 1.2% for the last two years.

Setting a growth in expenditures and holding to that is pretty unwise. I'd like to increase my expense budget 3% a year, but shockingly (sarc) it hardly ever works out. There are extenuating circumstances beyond just petty political bickering. If you hadn't noticed over the last five or ten years, Europe hasn't exactly been swimming in growth.

And at that rate (4.3%), it would only take 17 years to double the budget. You really think that is realistic?

Pages: 1 ... 168 169 [170] 171 172 ... 277   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org