A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 03:21:47 am
Pages: 1 ... 164 165 [166] 167 168 ... 277   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: President Trump- The Implications  (Read 1454812 times)
TeeDub
« Reply #2475 on: January 22, 2018, 10:39:04 am »

Fake Fox News reply.

I keep asking for specific answers to specific questions.  You keep avoiding.  

Mocks the handicapped...  

http://www.cnn.com/videos/tv/2015/11/26/donald-trump-mocks-reporter-with-disability-berman-sot-ac.cnn

Seriously.   If he made a habit of it it may matter...   One time, maybe.   (I still can't be sure that that he was making fun of the guy versus just acting with his hands.  You really think he looked up who wrote the article and remembered that he was handicapped so he made fun of that?   Seems like a lot of trouble to spend for a sluff piece article.)

But then again, if I argue every trivial point with you, I may as well go wrestle with the pigs.   I get dirty and you come away happy.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #2476 on: January 22, 2018, 10:48:48 am »

Mocks the handicapped...  

http://www.cnn.com/videos/tv/2015/11/26/donald-trump-mocks-reporter-with-disability-berman-sot-ac.cnn

Seriously.   If he made a habit of it it may matter...   One time, maybe.   (I still can't be sure that that he was making fun of the guy versus just acting with his hands.  You really think he looked up who wrote the article and remembered that he was handicapped so he made fun of that?   Seems like a lot of trouble to spend for a sluff piece article.)

But then again, if I argue every trivial point with you, I may as well go wrestle with the pigs.   I get dirty and you come away happy.

For me, that one time was enough.  My mother was disabled.  That was a deal-breaker for me.  Anyone who mocks the disabled deserves a punch in the face at the very least.  And yes, I'm pretty sure he knew what he was doing.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2477 on: January 22, 2018, 11:51:10 am »

Mocks the handicapped...  

I wasn't arguing anything with that recap - just showing a tiny portion of the "body of work" that is Trump.

Really??  You don't think he was intentionally mocking him??   That is exactly what Trump did.  Especially since he had known the guy for a few years.  Had been interviewed by him on several occasions before between 1987 and 1993 (another thing Trump lied about).   I will make a definitive comment and take a definitive stand on it:   It is the lowest of the low - the true bottom feeders - who mock people with disabilities of any sort.   I see plenty of it, but also expect more from elected officials no matter who they are. 

Is there anything to argue about in that??

Do you really think there is an excuse or rationalization for what he did??

And that "trivial point"... really??  Trivial?

Maybe it is.   To some.  After all, 19% of the people eligible to vote in this country voted for Trump.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
TeeDub
« Reply #2478 on: January 22, 2018, 01:15:24 pm »

For me, that one time was enough.  My mother was disabled.  That was a deal-breaker for me.  Anyone who mocks the disabled deserves a punch in the face at the very least.  And yes, I'm pretty sure he knew what he was doing.

I understand that.    We all have our soft spots.

TeeDub
« Reply #2479 on: January 22, 2018, 01:20:14 pm »

Maybe it is.   To some.  After all, 19% of the people eligible to vote in this country voted for Trump.

25.65%...   But who's counting?

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2480 on: January 22, 2018, 03:21:05 pm »

25.65%...   But who's counting?

Ok.  3 million less in popular vote than "you know who".

Let's go to another point related to our imperialistic voyeurism.  The war in Iraq - the one I have called the wrong war.   We used numbers from various places to justify going after Saddam Hussein with Bush's propaganda machine going on about how many innocent men, women, and children he had killed over the 25  years he was in charge.  And I won't do more than barely touch on the FACT that during the majority of those years we were friends and supplying him with the material and supplies (along with Germany) to implement his use of illegal weapons of mass destruction to do that killing.

A wide range of numbers exist of his killing in his own country (NOT counting the half million or so we helped him kill in Iran) that pretty much centers around 50,000 to 100,000 as reasonable estimates (the Kurds say 200,000).  

So, we went to war.  And in addition to killing more than 4,000 of our own kids.  Squandering about $4 trillion of our wealth.  We were able to kill men, women, and children, using the SAME information sources we used to justify getting rid of Hussein.  On the order of about 650,000 as of 2006 (Lancet - credible source we depended on for Hussein counts).  Some estimates - ORB International - put the number at 1 + million (credibility ??).

Ends justifies the means??

« Last Edit: January 22, 2018, 03:31:58 pm by heironymouspasparagus » Logged

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2481 on: January 22, 2018, 04:18:37 pm »

So, we went to war.  And in addition to killing more than 4,000 of our own kids.  Squandering about $4 trillion of our wealth.  We were able to kill men, women, and children, using the SAME information sources we used to justify getting rid of Hussein.  On the order of about 650,000 as of 2006 (Lancet - credible source we depended on for Hussein counts).  Some estimates - ORB International - put the number at 1 + million (credibility ??).

Ends justifies the means??

I don't hear you piling on Kennedy or Johnson for getting us into and furthering our involvement in Vietnam.  I also don't hear you piling on FDR for WW-II or Truman for sending US troops to Korea.  Plenty of innocent civilians ended up dead in those conflicts.

And torture has been around as long as war itself. How great of a job did Obama do at closing Gitmo and other places where enemy combatants were and are tortured?  Do you really believe rendition has ended just because the government says it has?

And this leads to why are you so obsessed with "Baby Bush"?

Sheesh, get over it already.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #2482 on: January 22, 2018, 04:38:01 pm »

How great of a job did Obama do at closing Gitmo and other places where enemy combatants were and are tortured?  Do you really believe rendition has ended just because the government says it has?

Has it come down to Obama lamenting that he couldnt Vs. Trump gloating that he wouldnt?

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/donald-trump-to-cancel-guatanomo-11916336
« Last Edit: January 25, 2018, 08:54:50 pm by patric » Logged

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2483 on: January 22, 2018, 08:34:30 pm »

Anyone who mocks the disabled deserves a punch in the face at the very least. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5oSdJTTB6A

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
patric
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2484 on: January 23, 2018, 11:56:52 am »

Not much of a stretch to lay this on Herr Kristallnacht's doorstep.

https://www.salon.com/2018/01/23/fake-news-fallout-michigan-man-arrested-after-threats-of-a-mass-shooting-at-cnn/

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2485 on: January 23, 2018, 12:06:16 pm »

I don't hear you piling on Kennedy or Johnson for getting us into and furthering our involvement in Vietnam.  I also don't hear you piling on FDR for WW-II or Truman for sending US troops to Korea.  Plenty of innocent civilians ended up dead in those conflicts.

And torture has been around as long as war itself. How great of a job did Obama do at closing Gitmo and other places where enemy combatants were and are tortured?  Do you really believe rendition has ended just because the government says it has?

And this leads to why are you so obsessed with "Baby Bush"?

Sheesh, get over it already.

How far back do you wanna go??   Pick a date.  As long as it is before 1650...we can come forward from there.

WWII first - really??  I know you don't have any trouble with WWII.  Neither do I.  And I don't have any problem with Hiroshima, Nagasaki, Dresden, etc.

And I have ALSO said here - repeatedly - that Afghanistan was the right war.  And we should have executed it properly.  And Bush can add that fiasco to the list of his failures - we are STILL bogged down in bullsh$t.   Long term consequence of our participation when Russia set up a puppet government there.  

Korea was another Cluster - Truman was absolutely wrong to pursue it the way he did.  IF you are gonna fight a war, then FIGHT the dam thing!!  If I had been old enough at the time, I would have protested that, too, for the way it was mishandled!  Shoulda dusted off the nukes again when we had the chance...  

Check out the first 20 seconds of this - covers it all pretty well.  Did he live up to the ideal?   Not as well as could have, but better than most.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dpWEv9Q0XQ4

VietNam.  That was Johnson's war.  Truman, Eisenhower, and Kennedy all had roughly the same level of participation there - a few hundred advisors training people - after the French figured out they needed to get out of the colony business.  It got twisted very badly by Johnson - as we continue to do things today.  It was all his - he started it all in 1965 by sending 3,500 combat troops.   What do you wanna hear about VietNam?   VERY much against that war and Johnson was massively wrong - he was a total a$$wipe in similar fashion to Trump.  Only thing worse was Nixon.  I got tear gassed in Tulsa protesting VietNam.  But then Johnson was also a beneficiary from the whole Alaska Barge and Transport thing, so at least he got richer off of that, huh?  

Were you aware (old enough) at the time?   Alaska Barge and Transport was the mechanism by which we (CIA) set up the drug movement mechanism to fund clandestine activities.  Until the war wound down and that supply line method dried up, so George Bush Sr, by then, as head of the CIA, had to set up new paths - hence his "hiring" of Manual Noriega in Panama - new supply lines from Asia and South America.  Getting rid of Noriega when he was no longer "convenient".

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2010/apr/27/manuel-noriega-us-friend-foe

I know you are unlikely to believe much of the reality from me, or even wiki, but find someone you know who is a VietNam vet...especially if they were in logistics.  Check with several.  See what they have to say.  Ask them if they ever heard of Alaska Barge?

And this is much closer to correct than not...things we do.    And some here wonder why the mid-east hates us so much?  And why so many are at best "frenemies"...  

https://www.globalresearch.ca/us-has-killed-more-than-20-million-people-in-37-victim-nations-since-world-war-ii/5492051

Anyone really think China or VietNam are now truly our friends??   They are using us to further their goals, just as we used them to further ours over the decades.   If you are truly interested in China, go back and study the Boxer Rebellion....that's the one where Britain and us forced China to let us sell opium in country...yeah, they certainly appreciated that...and if ya think they have forgotten, then that is part of the American Delusion.  (And notice which party it was leading the country at that particular time.  Hint: Republican.)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boxer_Rebellion

Again, as I have chanted about repeatedly - it all goes to perspective.  And such a woeful lack of knowledge and sense of history in this country.  We have had so much bad in our history, it puts the lie to most, if not all, of our claims of being a nation of rule of law.  Or morality.  Or justice.  Again, as I have chanted about repeatedly - no other nation has done as much bad as a whole than we.    Also again, as I have chanted about repeatedly - no other nation has done as much good as a whole than we.

I submit we should KEEP the good.  Get rid of the bad.

And... have a Snickers!  

Better??

« Last Edit: January 23, 2018, 12:09:05 pm by heironymouspasparagus » Logged

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2486 on: January 23, 2018, 12:11:51 pm »

I understand that.    We all have our soft spots.

Ouch!!   Soft spots...??

By that you mean that little place that most people have called "human decency"...?

That Trump is so lacking in...   In fairness, I am surrounded daily by a wide variety of people - some of them also go the Trump route.  Most don't.

patric
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2487 on: January 25, 2018, 09:08:43 pm »

Trump Administration Hangs 'Propaganda' Posters At EPA Boasting Rollback Of Obama-Era Protections
http://www.newsweek.com/trump-scott-pruitt-epa-posters-791140

“Pruitt has been doing this forever, he updates these posters dedicated to himself continuously,” said Elizabeth Southerland, who was the director of science and technology in the agency’s Office of Water until July. “It’s the most bizarre thing I’ve ever seen.”

“Under Clinton, Bush and Obama, you never saw a picture of the administrator,” she said. “Pruitt has created a cult of personality. It’s very much about him.”

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2488 on: January 25, 2018, 10:16:20 pm »

Trump Administration Hangs 'Propaganda' Posters At EPA Boasting Rollback Of Obama-Era Protections
http://www.newsweek.com/trump-scott-pruitt-epa-posters-791140

“Pruitt has been doing this forever, he updates these posters dedicated to himself continuously,” said Elizabeth Southerland, who was the director of science and technology in the agency’s Office of Water until July. “It’s the most bizarre thing I’ve ever seen.”

“Under Clinton, Bush and Obama, you never saw a picture of the administrator,” she said. “Pruitt has created a cult of personality. It’s very much about him.”

Sounds like a POTUS candidate in 2024 if he doesn't pine away looking at his reflection in the pond before then.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
patric
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2489 on: January 25, 2018, 11:32:08 pm »

Sounds like a POTUS candidate in 2024 if he doesn't pine away looking at his reflection in the OIL SLICK ON THE pond before then.

Fixed it for you.  Hopefully by then even the knuckle-draggers will have had enough of this "Press Your Luck" reboot.

Pages: 1 ... 164 165 [166] 167 168 ... 277   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org