A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 11:46:27 pm
Pages: 1 ... 155 156 [157] 158 159 ... 277   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: President Trump- The Implications  (Read 1469358 times)
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #2340 on: January 05, 2018, 10:00:14 am »

It's against the law to smoke pot. At least he's not being derelict in his duties as chief law enforcement officer, at least in this one regard anyhow.

I also seem to remember someone saying that "elections have consequences..." Run a better candidate and you don't have to worry about not having AG's who ignore the law at every turn.

Cherry-picking is dereliction.

Trump campaigned on the promise that it was a states rights issue.
Sessions was confirmed on the promise he would keep his hands off.

Lies and corruption are hallmarks of the "war on drugs."
If I were one of the states using cannabis sales to stay out of debt, pay for schools and roads and, yes, finance law enforcement, I would be thinking about cutting back my cooperation with the feds.

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
erfalf
City Father

« Reply #2341 on: January 05, 2018, 10:15:41 am »

Cherry-picking is dereliction.

Trump campaigned on the promise that it was a states rights issue.
Sessions was confirmed on the promise he would keep his hands off.

Lies and corruption are hallmarks of the "war on drugs."
If I were one of the states using cannabis sales to stay out of debt, pay for schools and roads and, yes, finance law enforcement, I would be thinking about cutting back my cooperation with the feds.

It just seems that what is being cherry picked is irritating to you. They all do it. It's a political play just like all of them do. Personally I want them to enforce all the laws. If a law is unjust, it should be changed, not just ignored or irrationally applied.

"Trust but Verify." - The Gipper
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2342 on: January 05, 2018, 10:18:49 am »

It's against the law to smoke pot. At least he's not being derelict in his duties as chief law enforcement officer, at least in this one regard anyhow.

I also seem to remember someone saying that "elections have consequences..." Run a better candidate and you don't have to worry about not having AG's who ignore the law at every turn.

Jeffrey Beauregard "I cannot recall anything about Russia" Sessions and Donald "If I'm talking, I'm lying" Pedo Trump are the moral and law and order types?

JFC, get outta here with that nonsense. And on the way out make sure you have your wallet, because Trump might have stolen it.
erfalf
City Father

« Reply #2343 on: January 05, 2018, 12:29:30 pm »

Jeffrey Beauregard "I cannot recall anything about Russia" Sessions and Donald "If I'm talking, I'm lying" Pedo Trump are the moral and law and order types?

JFC, get outta here with that nonsense. And on the way out make sure you have your wallet, because Trump might have stolen it.

Not sure if you all are aware but you all are making some pretty strong cases for state's rights. Bunch of racists you are.

"Trust but Verify." - The Gipper
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2344 on: January 05, 2018, 05:39:29 pm »

I can't belief it took so long after the election to mobilize the "CleanUp Crew".....

https://www.thedailybeast.com/roy-moore-accusers-house-burns-down-arson-probe-opened

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
patric
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2345 on: January 05, 2018, 05:48:35 pm »

It just seems that what is being cherry picked is irritating to you. They all do it. It's a political play just like all of them do. Personally I want them to enforce all the laws. If a law is unjust, it should be changed, not just ignored or irrationally applied.

It could also be the morals and ethics of the picker, who thought the KKK was just swell until he heard they used marijuana... or that he cant differentiate between cannabis and opium.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/plum-line/wp/2018/01/05/why-jeff-sessions-marijuana-crackdown-is-going-to-make-legalization-more-likely

If you were hinting at Congress shirking their responsibility here, yes, they are a big part of the problem by sending mixed messages and just waiting for the lobbyists to tell them what to do.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/right-turn/wp/2018/01/07/why-it-is-time-for-sessions-to-go
« Last Edit: January 07, 2018, 11:24:12 pm by patric » Logged

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
patric
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2346 on: January 07, 2018, 11:27:11 pm »

Watch the whole 12 minutes if you have the fortitude.  Trump's advisor replies to every question with "my boss is swell, did you say something?"
CNN says security had to walk him out of the building.

http://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/2018/01/07/white-house-adviser-stephen-miller-full-interview-sotu.cnn

Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #2347 on: January 08, 2018, 08:15:56 am »

Watch the whole 12 minutes if you have the fortitude.  Trump's advisor replies to every question with "my boss is swell, did you say something?"

http://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/2018/01/07/white-house-adviser-stephen-miller-full-interview-sotu.cnn

I nearly spit out my coffee this morning reading this.  That guy is a prototypical at-any-cost-Trump-supporter.  Isn't he the one who said "Trump's authority won't be questioned"?  Don't dictators talk like that?

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
hello
Civic Leader

« Reply #2348 on: January 08, 2018, 08:50:36 am »

CNN is trash. They knew exactly what they were getting with Miller, which is why they gave him a forum to spew his disgusting propaganda. CNN only cares about ratings and money. They gave Trump a platform when it was profitable and now taking him down is profitable. Disappointed in Tapper.

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2349 on: January 08, 2018, 09:06:18 am »

On a closely related note - closely since the RWRE is hell bent on destroying Social Security.

The financial number facts in this are true - where it goes careening off the edge into the abyss is when it starts down the path of "better planning"....  The percentages shown also happen to correspond to the lowest income groups in the country - the ones who cannot afford to save for retirement like this wants one to believe.   No amount of "planning" can plan you out of a hole thousands of dollars a year deep.

And the people in charge right this minute want to destroy the Social Security system... Even though it pays it's own way and not only takes nothing from the Federal budget, but has been financing these guys screw ups for decades by putting the SS trust fund in T bills. Well played Right Wing Extremists - people like Paul Ryan, Rand Paul, etc... screw the system and blame the screwees for not "planning" well enough.

https://vimeo.com/122576855

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2350 on: January 08, 2018, 09:59:02 am »

Not smart to try and burn evidence on your own roof.   Grin

https://nypost.com/2018/01/08/fire-breaks-out-at-trump-tower/

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2351 on: January 08, 2018, 10:01:05 am »

Not smart to try and burn evidence on your own roof.   Grin

https://nypost.com/2018/01/08/fire-breaks-out-at-trump-tower/

But wait...he's smart and stable...

Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2352 on: January 08, 2018, 10:59:37 am »

But wait...he's smart and stable...

A "stable genius"...

Ibanez
City Father

« Reply #2353 on: January 08, 2018, 11:10:41 am »

patric
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2354 on: January 08, 2018, 11:52:09 am »

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2018/01/08/how-to-attack-the-media-like-stephen-miller-in-3-easy-steps

TAPPER: If you would let me — if you would let me ask — if you would let me ask this question.

MILLER: No, because you have . . .

TAPPER: The president . . .

MILLER: You get 24 hours of negative, anti-Trump, hysterical coverage on this network . . .

TAPPER: Okay.

MILLER: . . . that led in recent weeks to some spectacularly embarrassing false reporting from your network.

TAPPER: I think — I think the viewers right now can ascertain who is being hysterical.

MILLER: No, the viewers are entitled . . .

TAPPER: My — my . . .

MILLER: . . . to have three months [sic] of the truth. Why don't you just give me three minutes to tell you the truth of the Donald Trump that I know and that all of our campaign knows?

See what Miller did there? Here's how to replicate it: Try to change the subject. When the interviewer interrupts, in an effort to get back on topic, angrily allege that you are being stopped from speaking “truth.”

Pages: 1 ... 155 156 [157] 158 159 ... 277   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org