A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 18, 2024, 08:48:53 pm
Pages: 1 ... 131 132 [133] 134 135 ... 277   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: President Trump- The Implications  (Read 1450521 times)
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1980 on: November 13, 2017, 04:51:57 pm »

Joseph and Mary did it...so it must be just fine.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #1981 on: November 14, 2017, 11:47:09 am »

I don't drink coffee, but I guess now I am gonna have to go out and buy a Keurig machine anyway...!

You probably know someone who would like one for Christmas  Grin now would be a good time to get in some early shopping and cancel out the Alts.

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
BKDotCom
City Father

« Reply #1982 on: November 14, 2017, 11:53:56 am »

You probably know someone who would like one for Christmas  Grin now would be a good time to get in some early shopping and cancel out the Alts.

I still think this is a viral marketing campaign orchestrated by Keurig. 
As is the supposed Jim Beam boycott.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1983 on: November 14, 2017, 12:02:19 pm »

Yeah...SWMBO likes coffee.  I have an environmental qualm with the whole concept, though, so if I buy them it won't be to use them.  Single use plastic cups of coffee are as bad as bottled water BS.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #1984 on: November 14, 2017, 12:22:39 pm »

Yeah...SWMBO likes coffee.  I have an environmental qualm with the whole concept, though, so if I buy them it won't be to use them.  Single use plastic cups of coffee are as bad as bottled water BS.

I saw reusable cups/pods from several 3rd party makers, and if you dont insert a cup you have hot water on demand for oatmeal etc.  Just make sure you dont get the more expensive "plus" or 2.0 versions.

Closer to the topic, Newt Gingrich told Fox that the Roy Moore affair is just a local matter.
http://thehill.com/homenews/news/360227-gingrich-on-roy-moore-its-amazing-how-fast-lynch-mob-can-form
« Last Edit: November 14, 2017, 12:33:03 pm by patric » Logged

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1985 on: November 14, 2017, 01:04:57 pm »

Democrats concerned Trump too 'unstable' to be trusted with nukes

http://www.cnn.com/2017/11/14/politics/trump-nuclear-authorization-hearing/index.html

Washington (CNN)Congressional lawmakers raised concerns about President Donald Trump's ability to use nuclear weapons during a hearing Capitol Hill Tuesday amid bipartisan anxiety over launch process procedures and indications that the administration has considered the option of a first strike on North Korea.

Members of the Senate foreign affairs committee called into question a decades-old presidential authority to deploy nuclear weapons in what was the first congressional hearing on nuclear authorization in decades.

"We are concerned that the President of the United States is so unstable, is so volatile, has a decision-making process that is so quixotic that he might order a nuclear weapons strike that is wildly out of step with US national security interests," said Sen. Chris Murphy, D-Connecticut.

Happily there is this:

Dr. Peter Feaver, a professor of public policy and political science at Duke University, also highlighted the point that any nuclear launch would be preceded by a review and consultation process.

"The system is not a button that the President can accidentally lean on against the desk and immediately cause missiles to fly as some people in the public, I think, fear it would be," Feaver testified, adding that the decision requires the President to work with military aides who are attending him -- who have possession of the materials he needs -- and personnel at all levels from top commanders all the way down to service members working in the missile silo to carry out an order.

"The President by himself cannot press a button and cause missiles to fly. He can only give an authenticated order which others would follow and then missiles would fly," he said.

The administration has been trying to soothe concerns by arguing the existing launch process that presidents have operated under for decades has sufficient checks in place that would discourage Trump from taking imprudent action. Trump himself has had multiple briefings on the nuclear launch cycle and more conventional, non-nuclear alternatives.

So we might not get vaporized from some "just watched a Fox news freakout and Twitter just doesn't get him there" issue.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1986 on: November 14, 2017, 01:08:10 pm »

White Evangelicals Conflicted By Accusations Against Roy Moore

https://www.npr.org/2017/11/14/563729047/white-evangelicals-conflicted-in-wake-of-roy-moore-accusations

That's gross
Ed W
City Father

« Reply #1987 on: November 14, 2017, 02:19:22 pm »

Yeah...SWMBO likes coffee.  I have an environmental qualm with the whole concept, though, so if I buy them it won't be to use them.  Single use plastic cups of coffee are as bad as bottled water BS.

Let's see...I have a mokka pot, a percolator (somewhere), two Mellita devices, an Aeropress, a Ninja
coffee bar, and maybe 3 or 4 French presses. Owning a single French press is probably a damning liberal credential alone. Don't buy a Ninja.

And no, I'm not going to smash one even if Al Gore says so.

Ed

May you live in interesting times.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1988 on: November 14, 2017, 02:31:30 pm »

Let's see...I have a mokka pot, a percolator (somewhere), two Mellita devices, an Aeropress, a Ninja
coffee bar, and maybe 3 or 4 French presses. Owning a single French press is probably a damning liberal credential alone. Don't buy a Ninja.

And no, I'm not going to smash one even if Al Gore says so.

Do all of those use disposable plastic pieces?  (I don't know what some of them are... I know percolator - old school!!)  Tried a Ninja blender thing and it was nowhere near as good as Magic Bullet.

Did Al say to smash one??  I wouldn't do it just because the inventor of the internet said so.  But might smash one based on their poor environmental record....the little plastic things.   Go buy it to protest the others smashing it, then smash it for their bad behavior towards the earth!    May just wait to find one at Goodwill...

Ed W
City Father

« Reply #1989 on: November 14, 2017, 07:13:26 pm »

None use disposable plastic, though several require paper filters or one of those fine screen filters. I especially like coffee presses but number one daughter - the other coffee drinker - does not. She complained to SWMBO and SHE came down on me like a ton of bricks. Never upset the family princess.

Ed

May you live in interesting times.
joiei
City Father

« Reply #1990 on: November 14, 2017, 11:00:10 pm »

Smashing your coffee machine, I think that was all the KKKlanity klones.  My only thought about those people was what did they do the next morning when they woke up and wanted to make a pot of coffee.  OOPSie. 

It's hard being a Diamond in a rhinestone world.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #1991 on: November 15, 2017, 07:50:13 am »

Smashing your coffee machine, I think that was all the KKKlanity klones.  My only thought about those people was what did they do the next morning when they woke up and wanted to make a pot of coffee.  OOPSie. 

And the funny thing was that Hannity bought replacements for 500 of those people.  That's not exactly how boycotts work.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1992 on: November 15, 2017, 09:36:10 am »

And the funny thing was that Hannity bought replacements for 500 of those people.  That's not exactly how boycotts work.

Just shows how much stupid there really is there.

swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1993 on: November 15, 2017, 09:38:34 am »

Wait now, what happened? This is REALLY confusing. Just how stupid are all these people?
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1994 on: November 15, 2017, 09:39:31 am »

Wait now, what happened? This is REALLY confusing. Just how stupid are all these people?

Yes.  That much.

Pages: 1 ... 131 132 [133] 134 135 ... 277   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org