A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:22:44 pm
Pages: 1 ... 101 102 [103] 104 105 ... 277   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: President Trump- The Implications  (Read 1455160 times)
TeeDub
« Reply #1530 on: August 14, 2017, 01:56:10 pm »

I want to argue that denying the fact it exists is stupid and juvenile....   The problem is that I don't want to be lumped in with racists and white supremacists.

Is there a happy adult middle ground?
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1531 on: August 14, 2017, 04:14:10 pm »

Online petition started to change the name of Tulsa's Lee Elementary

"No one wants to see Tulsa be the next Charlottesville. There's not much we can do to fight against White Supremacists in America, but this is something we CAN do," reads the petition posted by Antigone LoVoi.

http://www.tulsaworld.com/homepagelatest/following-charlottesville-protests-online-petition-started-to-change-the-name/article_42930ca9-ef67-5f86-a68e-05a9ab8eef0b.html

You want to go down the same path and somehow expect us to believe the outcome will be different?

Just put an M. B. before “Lee” and all will be good.  It worked on Brady St.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #1532 on: August 14, 2017, 04:53:21 pm »

I want to argue that denying the fact it exists is stupid and juvenile....   The problem is that I don't want to be lumped in with racists and white supremacists.

It doesnt help that the more you try to appease revenge logic, the further the goal posts move away.

Leave erasing history to Orwell.

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #1533 on: August 15, 2017, 08:26:57 am »

And now there's this.....what kind of territory is this going into?

http://thehill.com/policy/cybersecurity/346544-dreamhost-claims-doj-requesting-info-on-visitors-to-anti-trump-website

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1534 on: August 15, 2017, 09:05:17 am »

Two possibilities:  

1) Lazy subpoena.  Its easier to issue one extremely broad subpoena than to think through the details of what you actually need or having to reissue a subpoena to get more.  It isn't limited to the Justice Department, usually the receiver of the Subpoena says "hey, this is a bit broad.  What is it you really want?" and things are worked out.

2) The Trump administration trying to chill or even punish speech it doesn't like.  There is a duty to prosecute criminal activity, including the anti-Trump riots, vandalism, and violence.  But asking for information on everyone who visited a political website opposed to the President seems well outside the scope of that. They also want all comments, emails, and photos sent through the site.  Not limited to people suspected of a crime, they want the identity and content of people who even dared to visit a site that opposes the President.  

Sadly, it doesn't appear that the government has backed down and instead of responded to the questions the government filed a motion to compel (the host emailed with questions within 4 days of receiving it, the government filed to compel less than a week later without responding).  In my mind, that rules out #1 and means the government is truly trying to get the identities of all people who visited a website.  Live in DC and wanted to see if they were protesting in your neighborhood?  Just curious?  No need to worry, the government just wants to add your name to a list and maybe ask you some questions about your political beliefs.

I don't agree with the tactics that the website appears to encourage. And if people are accused of a crime, investigate what you have to.  But I fail to see any good coming from the government compiling lists of people who visit political websites.  I'd say the same thing if the DOJ subpoena'd a list of everyone who visited the Alt-Right site that has been making news lately.

There is a hearing on the motion Friday.  Hopefully it comes out that the DOJ really just wants information on certain users who are accused of a crime.  I'm interested to see the argument in favor of such a broad subpoena.

https://www.popehat.com/2017/08/14/department-of-justice-uses-search-warrant-to-get-data-on-visitors-to-anti-trump-site/

https://www.dreamhost.com/blog/we-fight-for-the-users/
« Last Edit: August 15, 2017, 09:13:40 am by cannon_fodder » Logged

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1535 on: August 15, 2017, 02:39:17 pm »

And now Trump is back to trying to create moral equivalency between the Nazi’s and the counter protestors, says there’s a lot of blame to go around.

The US president claimed that race relations have improved since he took office in January.
He claimed that there were some "very fine" people on both sides of the demonstrations over the weekend.
"I think there is blame on both sides,"
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/08/15/donald-trump-says-sides-charlottesville-violent/

Yes, he just said there are some very fine Nazi’s.  Seriously.
patric
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1536 on: August 15, 2017, 04:31:34 pm »

Referencing my earlier post

...and when they take a closer look at certain leader's position on slavery, will those statues be shipped to the museum basement too?

Didnt take long for someone to take a shot:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/local/wp/2017/08/15/the-lincoln-memorial-was-vandalized-with-red-spray-paint/?utm_term=.9d9b754806e5

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1537 on: August 15, 2017, 06:26:20 pm »

And notice how in the background NO Oklahoma Senators or Congressmen are decrying anything that Trump says?  All I heard was a little blurb by Tom Cole trying to do some light rationalization about Trump's first fail on this topic.

And where is our Failin' governor?  Or any of the peanut gallery state legislature who had so much to say during Obama time...

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
patric
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1538 on: August 15, 2017, 07:41:50 pm »

And now Trump is back to trying to create moral equivalency between the Nazi’s and the counter protestors, says there’s a lot of blame to go around.

Yes, he just said there are some very fine Nazi’s.  Seriously.

Sans TelePrompTer, he actually came to the defense of the KKK, on camera.
Even in yesterdays prepared speech he didnt actually "call out" his racist actors but rather lumped them in with everyone else:

"Racism is evil, and those who cause violence in its name are criminals and thugs, including the KKK, neo-Nazis, white supremacists and other hate groups that are repugnant to everything we hold dear as Americans."

...and the counter-protesters didnt have a permit and came with evil intent.  Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: August 15, 2017, 07:45:03 pm by patric » Logged

patric
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1539 on: August 15, 2017, 08:00:17 pm »

Hopefully it comes out that the DOJ really just wants information on certain users who are accused of a crime.  I'm interested to see the argument in favor of such a broad subpoena

Or are just testing the waters...

http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2017/08/15/543782396/doj-demands-files-on-anti-trump-activists-and-a-web-hosting-company-resists

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1540 on: August 15, 2017, 10:12:42 pm »

Sharing - let this sink in....

Saturday, 12 Aug, 2017, a woman died on American soil fighting Nazi's!

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1541 on: August 16, 2017, 08:46:56 am »

Should be required viewing.... everywhere.

https://www.facebook.com/NowThisNews/videos/1548260861930699/

patric
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1542 on: August 18, 2017, 09:45:57 am »

It still all about ratings.  Trump tried to crash the media coverage of Heather Heyer's funeral with a phone call. 
The mother of the slain woman wasnt interested in talking to him.

guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1543 on: August 20, 2017, 11:41:02 pm »

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1544 on: August 21, 2017, 09:10:15 am »

Quite a little dream world you got going there....  is it from drugs?   Or lack of drugs...?

Pages: 1 ... 101 102 [103] 104 105 ... 277   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org