A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 12:37:19 am
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Forum guidelines - Please read  (Read 18141 times)
Admin
Administrator
Philanthropist

« on: June 28, 2011, 01:48:16 pm »

It has become clear that the forum moderators have been too lenient in this area, resulting in the inability to freely discuss topics of a political nature. We will start more actively moderating this area, starting tonight. For those who are unclear, our guidelines are located here: http://www.tulsanow.org/forum/index.php?topic=1299.0

More specifically, pay attention to this area in general:
Any of the following, performed on the forum, through private messages or email, will result in the deletion of messages and/or the banning of the user:

* Vulgarity: obscene or explicit content or references
    * Spamming/Cross posting: off-topic or repetitive content
    * Self-promotion: Unrelated commercial content or advertising
    * Off Topic/Thread Hijacking: Replies that are off-topic or intentionally inflammatory
    * Shilling: registering multiple user names. If you feel you have a justified reason to have more than one user name, please contact the Admin first.
    * Harrassment: name calling, bullying or threatening of any kind directed toward the users or staff of this forum
    * Disruption: any activity that disrupts the operation or intent of this forum or web site
custosnox
Fly in the Ointment
City Father

« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2011, 11:03:15 pm »

Can you please give a more exact definition for Vulgarity, since it is up to an individual's interpretation?
Admin
Administrator
Philanthropist

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2011, 07:26:50 am »

Here's a good guideline:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seven_dirty_words

Our word filter clears out most of them:
smile
love
bundt
chicken lover
oedipus

But some people just go around it by posting images with the same words. If it's not safe for primetime TV, it's probably best not to post it here.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2011, 07:30:41 am by Admin » Logged
we vs us
City Father

« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2011, 08:40:33 am »

Man, what a TOTAL oedipus chicken lover. 

/?
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2011, 08:44:00 am »

Man, what a TOTAL oedipus chicken lover. 

/?

That is the words after the filter I believe.
we vs us
City Father

« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2011, 08:46:37 am »

That is the words after the filter I believe.

I was trying to come up with what they might be BEFORE the filter but even after playing around with them have no idea. 

The interwebs win this one.  For now.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2011, 08:52:25 am »

I was trying to come up with what they might be BEFORE the filter but even after playing around with them have no idea. 

The interwebs win this one.  For now.

You'll just have to look under the heading "The Words"

The words

The original seven words are:
 smile
 ####
 love
 bundt
 chicken lover
 oedipus
 ###

In his comedy special Carlin commented that at one point, a man asked him to remove oedipus because, as a derivative of love, it constituted a duplication.[10] He later added it back, claiming the bit's rhythm does not work without it.[10] Carlin did not believe that ###   should be on the list because it sounds like a nickname or a snack ("New Nabisco ###   ! ...corn ###   , cheese ###   , tater ### ").

In his 1983 Carnegie Hall comedy special, Carlin expanded the list, reading over 200 dirty words from an over-sized scroll.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2011, 09:06:46 am »

You'll just have to look under the heading "The Words"

The words

The original seven words are:
 smile
 ####
 love
 bundt
 chicken lover
 oedipus
 ###

In his comedy special Carlin commented that at one point, a man asked him to remove oedipus because, as a derivative of love, it constituted a duplication.[10] He later added it back, claiming the bit's rhythm does not work without it.[10] Carlin did not believe that ###   should be on the list because it sounds like a nickname or a snack ("New Nabisco ###   ! ...corn ###   , cheese ###   , tater ### ").

In his 1983 Carnegie Hall comedy special, Carlin expanded the list, reading over 200 dirty words from an over-sized scroll.

RIP George....one of the truly great comedians.

Now, to keep it on topic, would this include linking to objectional material, or could we do that if we included a disclaimer like "NSFW" (I think a lot of us do that anyway) and the reason why?

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2011, 12:21:56 pm »

That sure didn't help much... I hear all words on prime time from time to time.

Is there a glossary or translation table somewhere?

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2011, 12:55:47 pm »

If you wouldn't say it to your grandmother and her bridge group...don't say it.

If you hear it at a bingo hall just after someone says "bingo", don't say it.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2011, 01:08:50 pm »

If you wouldn't say it to your grandmother and her bridge group...don't say it.

If you hear it at a bingo hall just after someone says "bingo", don't say it.

I can remember my Grandma and her friends.  In her instance, "Reagan" would have been one of those words.   Grin

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
custosnox
Fly in the Ointment
City Father

« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2011, 01:51:04 pm »

I'm offended that people find words offended
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org