A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 18, 2024, 09:12:50 pm
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hey MarkWayne...  (Read 15757 times)
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #30 on: November 16, 2023, 04:02:00 pm »

Mullin: Let's bring back duels and canings in Congress.

In a separate interview with Fox Business hosts Sean Duffy and Dagen McDowell, Mullin again defended his actions by pointing out that Andrew Jackson challenged nine people to a duel while he was president and "knocked one guy out at a White House dinner."

Mullin went on to cite a history of "canings" in the senate — in which one person beats another with a cane — and said "maybe we should bring some of that back" to "keep people from thinking they're so tough."

"Maybe if we have some type of respect because we know there's going to be consequences for your actions, then maybe we can move on with all this, I don't know, jargon that happens around this place," Mullin said.

Late night talk show hosts Jimmy Kimmel and Stephen Colbert made fun of the clip of Mullin challenging O'Brien to a fight.
Kimmel called Mullin a "meathead" and said it was like watching "UFC-SPAN."

https://www.oklahoman.com/story/news/2023/11/15/sen-markwayne-mullin-oklahoma-defends-senate-fight-as-showing-oklahoma-values-sean-hannity-fox-news/71590294007/

I cant wait to see how this turns out on SNL.

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #31 on: November 16, 2023, 04:05:54 pm »

Mullin: Let's bring back duels and canings in Congress.

In a separate interview with Fox Business hosts Sean Duffy and Dagen McDowell, Mullin again defended his actions by pointing out that Andrew Jackson challenged nine people to a duel while he was president and "knocked one guy out at a White House dinner."

Mullin went on to cite a history of "canings" in the senate — in which one person beats another with a cane — and said "maybe we should bring some of that back" to "keep people from thinking they're so tough."

"Maybe if we have some type of respect because we know there's going to be consequences for your actions, then maybe we can move on with all this, I don't know, jargon that happens around this place," Mullin said.

Late night talk show hosts Jimmy Kimmel and Stephen Colbert made fun of the clip of Mullin challenging O'Brien to a fight.
Kimmel called Mullin a "meathead" and said it was like watching "UFC-SPAN."

https://www.oklahoman.com/story/news/2023/11/15/sen-markwayne-mullin-oklahoma-defends-senate-fight-as-showing-oklahoma-values-sean-hannity-fox-news/71590294007/

I cant wait to see how this turns out on SNL.

And he is too stupid to understand what a disgusting magat Andrew Jackson really was...but then that is just the kind of person he worships!

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #32 on: November 16, 2023, 04:28:43 pm »

And someday MWM will reap the consequences of his actions.

patric
T-Town Elder

« Reply #33 on: November 24, 2023, 09:03:43 am »

And someday MWM will reap the consequences of his actions.

Why apologize when you can just sell T-shirts?
https://www.businessinsider.com/markwayne-mullin-fundraising-senate-hearing-brawl-bernie-sanders-2023-11

In subsequent interviews, you might have expected Mullin to act like a senator and an adult by apologizing and moving on with business. Instead, he doubled down, telling a podcast that he is willing to fight and isn’t afraid to bite.

“And I don’t care where I bite, by the way,” said Mullin, a former pugilist and wrestling enthusiast.

The implications are interesting, and Mullin is now risking some pretty pointed nicknames, especially after a former Republican congressman from Michigan emailed Politico with a story of Mullin putting his finger up the noses of colleagues and their spouses in 2015 on a trip to Israel.

https://nondoc.com/2023/11/19/sen-markwayne-mullin-takes-his-fight-and-bite-national/

https://www.mediaite.com/politics/markwayne-mullin-reportedly-fingered-nostrils-of-colleagues-and-their-spouses-during-visit-to-israel/

« Last Edit: December 14, 2023, 04:59:01 pm by patric » Logged

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
patric
T-Town Elder

« Reply #34 on: January 06, 2024, 12:38:19 pm »

WASHINGTON — Dramatic, newly released video shot by a Jan. 6 rioter shows the confrontation between two Republican members of Congress and Capitol rioters trying to breach the main door into the chamber of the U.S. House of Representatives. The videos show rioters staring down the barrels of guns through broken glass as they tried to force their way inside.

The 8-minute video, shot by Capitol rioter Damon Beckley and introduced as evidence ahead of his sentencing, was released to the media coalition late Friday in response to a request from NBC News. 

Rep. Troy Nehls, R-Texas, and Rep. Markwayne Mullin, R-Okla., can be seen speaking with rioters through the broken glass.

"You ought to be ashamed of yourself!” Nehls says.

“We’re coming in one way or another!” one rioter says.

"I’ve been in law enforcement in Texas for 30 years, and I’ve never had people act this way," Nehls says. "I’m ashamed!"

Nehls has changed his tone in the three years since Jan. 6, even calling the death of Ashli Babbitt — the rioter who was shot by a Capitol Police officer as she jumped thrthe House floor — "murder." In a previous interview with Nightly News, Nehls explained his thinking on Jan. 6.

"I am going to stay right here with my brothers and sisters in blue," Nehls said. "I had my Texas mask on, and he looked at me through that broken glass and he said 'You're from Texas, you should be with us,' and at that point, I said 'No, sir, I cannot support what you're doing, this is criminal.'"

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/justice-department/tense-new-jan-6-video-shows-republican-congressmen-admonishing-rioters-rcna132625

https://twitter.com/ryanjreilly/status/1743649767727493526

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #35 on: January 07, 2024, 06:40:19 pm »

WASHINGTON — Dramatic, newly released video shot by a Jan. 6 rioter shows the confrontation between two Republican members of Congress and Capitol rioters trying to breach the main door into the chamber of the U.S. House of Representatives. The videos show rioters staring down the barrels of guns through broken glass as they tried to force their way inside.

The 8-minute video, shot by Capitol rioter Damon Beckley and introduced as evidence ahead of his sentencing, was released to the media coalition late Friday in response to a request from NBC News. 

Rep. Troy Nehls, R-Texas, and Rep. Markwayne Mullin, R-Okla., can be seen speaking with rioters through the broken glass.

"You ought to be ashamed of yourself!” Nehls says.

“We’re coming in one way or another!” one rioter says.

"I’ve been in law enforcement in Texas for 30 years, and I’ve never had people act this way," Nehls says. "I’m ashamed!"

Nehls has changed his tone in the three years since Jan. 6, even calling the death of Ashli Babbitt — the rioter who was shot by a Capitol Police officer as she jumped thrthe House floor — "murder." In a previous interview with Nightly News, Nehls explained his thinking on Jan. 6.

"I am going to stay right here with my brothers and sisters in blue," Nehls said. "I had my Texas mask on, and he looked at me through that broken glass and he said 'You're from Texas, you should be with us,' and at that point, I said 'No, sir, I cannot support what you're doing, this is criminal.'"

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/justice-department/tense-new-jan-6-video-shows-republican-congressmen-admonishing-rioters-rcna132625

https://twitter.com/ryanjreilly/status/1743649767727493526

Situational morality.   In any situation, Nehls and Mullin have no morality.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
patric
T-Town Elder

« Reply #36 on: March 03, 2024, 11:26:55 am »

Sen. Markwayne Mullin (R-Okla.) advised former President Trump to stay out of the leadership race to succeed Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.).

“My advice to President Trump —which you know, President Trump’s his own man, he’s going to make it his decision and he does a good job in that — is to kind of stay out of the race because it’s a lose-lose situation,” he said.

https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/4504797-senate-republican-advises-trump-to-stay-out-of-race-to-succeed-mcconnell/

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org