A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 05:04:27 am
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tulsa Oilers 2016-2017  (Read 4794 times)
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« on: November 07, 2016, 10:30:10 am »

The Oilers are out of the gate for the 2016/2017 season with a 9-2-0-0 record...including being unbeaten at the MotherShip.  They have the best record in the ECHL to this point.

As is always the case, attendance was light for the first two weeks...first week due to both Oktoberfest and HS football.  Friday night was Academy Sports voucher night; attendance clocked in at just over 10k.

We have several players assigned from the parent clubs.  Our primary goaltender is a rookie who is sofar tearing it up (he is also unbeaten and has 9 wins).  We have a player (Dan DeSalvo) who is putting in a point a game (5g-6a=11p) and other players with 9 points and 8 points respectively.

Aside from the fluke game Saturday in Missouri that saw the Oilers break down defensively (a 10-3 loss), this team has been solid.  The best team I've seen in years.  Coach Christie is stressing defense that causes turnovers leading to offense (which this team needs a little more of but is starting to get).  Both of their losses this season were on the road.  The other road loss was by one goal and both losses with the backup goaltender.

This has been a fun group sofar to watch.  The team chemistry gets challenged from time to time with several callups to the parent club and some sent to us by them, but we've fared pretty well sofar.

This was a nifty little goal from last night's game

https://twitter.com/ECHL/status/795416786476863488

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
davideinstein
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2016, 04:28:19 pm »

I'll catch a game this year when nothing else is going on. Hockey is solid.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org