A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 01:21:05 am
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kathy Taylor Part Deux  (Read 21093 times)
Breadburner
City Father

« Reply #30 on: November 10, 2016, 06:51:45 am »

GT is going to get a hard lesson about how politics work.....

TheArtist
T-Town Elder

« Reply #31 on: November 10, 2016, 01:51:36 pm »

Sales. Via more walking traffic on game nights and deliveries throughout the week. One of our best weeks ever was during the Big XII baseball tournament last year. Same goes for the BOk and Cox Center events.

Interesting.  I may have to start tracking that metric to see what the ballpark does for us.

I keep my ears out and often ask people why they are downtown.  I have never once, NEVER in the almost 4 years I have been in the Deco District heard someone say they were there because of a baseball game.

In an approximate order of "What brought you downtown this evening?"

Dinner/just going out
Weddings & going to something at the PAC
In town for business or visiting as a tourist
Heard about DECOPOLIS and wanted to come see it/ love DECOPOLIS and like coming here
In town visiting family and wanted to come downtown
Going to a concert or event at the BOK Center
First Friday art crawl and its too busy to eat over there so came to the Deco District where its quieter.

And again, never once heard anyone say they were downtown and came into my store because they were going to a baseball game.

But I keep track of how many people come into our doors and have done so ever since we opened (and also make notes of special events or happenings, even if its just a bad rainy day in order to look back and see what days/weeks/months and even times of day are good or not) so will start comparing to see if we get a boost on game nights.

"When you only have two pennies left in the world, buy a loaf of bread with one, and a lily with the other."-Chinese proverb. "Arts a staple. Like bread or wine or a warm coat in winter. Those who think it is a luxury have only a fragment of a mind. Mans spirit grows hungry for art in the same way h
Bamboo World
Philanthropist

« Reply #32 on: November 10, 2016, 07:32:33 pm »

[The Driller ballpark] benefited us at 5th and Boston.

How so?

Sales. Via more walking traffic on game nights and deliveries throughout the week. One of our best weeks ever was during the Big XII baseball tournament last year. Same goes for the BOk and Cox Center events.

Here's something I've witnessed a number of times with some of the outdoor service workers near the ballpark (such as security crews, valets, parking lot attendants):  When there are events drawing large crowds to the arts district, sometimes outdoor workers are "trapped" for hours.  If they get hungry but can't leave their stations, they can sometimes get a nearby restaurant to bring an order of food out to them.  But if they call Jimmy John's for a sandwich and a drink, they know the order will be delivered to them within a matter of minutes.  And, being service workers themselves, they usually tip anyone from JJ's who bikes over the tracks.

davideinstein
« Reply #33 on: November 13, 2016, 10:39:44 am »

Interesting.  I may have to start tracking that metric to see what the ballpark does for us.

I keep my ears out and often ask people why they are downtown.  I have never once, NEVER in the almost 4 years I have been in the Deco District heard someone say they were there because of a baseball game.

In an approximate order of "What brought you downtown this evening?"

Dinner/just going out
Weddings & going to something at the PAC
In town for business or visiting as a tourist
Heard about DECOPOLIS and wanted to come see it/ love DECOPOLIS and like coming here
In town visiting family and wanted to come downtown
Going to a concert or event at the BOK Center
First Friday art crawl and its too busy to eat over there so came to the Deco District where its quieter.

And again, never once heard anyone say they were downtown and came into my store because they were going to a baseball game.

But I keep track of how many people come into our doors and have done so ever since we opened (and also make notes of special events or happenings, even if its just a bad rainy day in order to look back and see what days/weeks/months and even times of day are good or not) so will start comparing to see if we get a boost on game nights.

I obviously talk to folks like you, but being that I'm in the store less now I simply use numbers/charts as a metric. BOK events and Cox Center events are huge bumps in sales. Drillers games are a slight notch up. We also do delivery so that tilts Oneok to being way more beneficial to us than a retail shop.
davideinstein
« Reply #34 on: November 13, 2016, 10:44:13 am »

Here's something I've witnessed a number of times with some of the outdoor service workers near the ballpark (such as security crews, valets, parking lot attendants):  When there are events drawing large crowds to the arts district, sometimes outdoor workers are "trapped" for hours.  If they get hungry but can't leave their stations, they can sometimes get a nearby restaurant to bring an order of food out to them.  But if they call Jimmy John's for a sandwich and a drink, they know the order will be delivered to them within a matter of minutes.  And, being service workers themselves, they usually tip anyone from JJ's who bikes over the tracks.

Yeah, it's a big advantage we have on delivery.

Any event usually increases walking traffic to varying degrees. Most anything is interconnected in some way. The more people coming through our shop, the more will go through the local merchants near us.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org