A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 06:36:54 am
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Baker St. Pub  (Read 11459 times)
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2016, 11:04:25 am »

That TGIF quite frankly sucked and it was on a downward spiral well before the construction got underway.  It may have sped it along but it wasn't far from doom anyway...many of the businesses over there didn't fare well (save for Jason's I guess).

When I would go to TGIF, it was that one, but haven't been there in probably 15 years.  It is sometimes astounding to me how bad a restaurant experience people will put up with for so long....

But then, ya gotta look at our state government experience and see how long people will put up with so bad and maybe it all makes sense...!

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2016, 11:16:09 am »

Memorial is trying hard to dethrone Garnett and Mingo as the ugliest/worst streets in the US.

http://www.planetizen.com/node/15

Tulsa - always a spank-ee.  Note the article has to tell people which state.

Mingo Ave in Tulsa (Oklahoma)

"Actually, most of the major arterials in Tulsa are absolutely horrific and would be excellent contenders."
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #17 on: October 25, 2016, 01:58:31 pm »

Yeah, but we gots ours taxes cutses....

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #18 on: October 25, 2016, 03:17:58 pm »

For that fact, how has Fuji survived for what, 30 years now?

And yet, they have failed twice on Peoria now.  Their Zan-Mai or Zanmai concept was one of the best locations in town for a meal or drink although it was somewhat removed from the walkable texture of Cherry Street proper.  I suppose the same could be said for their Fuji Brookside location being south of 36th where it doesn’t seem quite as pedestrian-friendly. 

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #19 on: October 25, 2016, 06:34:39 pm »

Tulsa - always a spank-ee.  Note the article has to tell people which state.

Well, at least they didn't also specify "USA".

dbacksfan 2.0
City Father

« Reply #20 on: October 25, 2016, 07:36:35 pm »

And yet, they have failed twice on Peoria now.  Their Zan-Mai or Zanmai concept was one of the best locations in town for a meal or drink although it was somewhat removed from the walkable texture of Cherry Street proper.  I suppose the same could be said for their Fuji Brookside location being south of 36th where it doesn’t seem quite as pedestrian-friendly.  

Had to look Zanmai up, now I remember reading about it here and the hopes everyone had for it. I agree that it's Cherry Street area but not Cherry Street and that could have had some effect on it. Also the article from the World says that Fuji was in Brookside for 10 years so I wouldn't necissarliy call it a fail, but 10 years in Tulsa to me is actually a success for a non regional/national place. It does seem that Nobu Terauchi has been pretty good with his attempts at expansion and while they did not succeed, they didn't end the original either.

One thing I have noticed where I have lived is that restaurants near malls like Woodland Hills have short life spans in general. I also don't buy the construction on Memorial caused them to close. When they were building the light rail down Central Ave in Phoenix it was torn up for the better part of two years, and while some business closed because of the construction, it later came to light that they were teetering on closing anyway for other reasons.

http://www.tulsaworld.com/blogs/scene/restaurants/table-talk-zanmai-modern-japanese-cuisine-closes/article_c9a92bd4-a41d-5d80-ace8-4741485b2f1a.html
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org