A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 04:59:05 am
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Baker St. Pub  (Read 11342 times)
Ibanez
City Father

« on: October 19, 2016, 12:14:00 pm »

A co worker just mentioned he heard where Baker St. Pub shut down suddenly. Anyone here heard anything or know what happened?
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2016, 12:31:32 pm »

Nearby businesses confirmed Baker Street Pub near 71st and Memorial closed its doors for good.  The chain's website removed the Tulsa location from their listings as well.

Ashli Lincoln learned Houston-based Hospitality USA owned the restaurant. They told Lincoln the restaurant closed due to underperforming sales. They issued a statement on the closure Tuesday:

"The declining sales were due to a number of economic factors that directly affected Baker Street's ability to remain viable in the current economy. All employees have or will be paid pursuant to Oklahoma law. We have enjoyed being part of the community the last 6 years and hope to return to the Tulsa market when economic conditions improve."
Crews began packing up the restaurant Tuesday.

FOX23 also reached out to the Oklahoma Tax Commissioner's office, who confirmed the restaurant was in good standing with the state.

Taken from the FOX23 article.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
dbacksfan 2.0
City Father

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2016, 01:08:56 pm »

The declining sales were due to a number of economic factors that directly affected Baker Street's ability to remain viable in the current economy.

In other words, the newness wore of, the food was average and over priced, and people quit going there.
Ibanez
City Father

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2016, 01:36:38 pm »

In other words, the newness wore of, the food was average and over priced, and people quit going there.

Food was average, at best, but I know people that loved the place for some reason or other. I even know a couple from Ft. Smith who come in once a month or more to visit parents and Baker St. was a must for them on Friday nights. It did seem to always be busy at nights on the weekends. I hadn't been in probably three years until about a month ago when I met some old friends from high school there one Saturday evening. The place was jam packed that night. In fact it was so busy that I finally talked them into leaving there and heading downtown for a night of bar hopping instead.

Oh well, it won't be missed by most.
davideinstein
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2016, 03:05:22 pm »

Bad area for retail too. Terrible traffic and over-saturated.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2016, 03:07:14 pm by davideinstein » Logged
dbacksfan 2.0
City Father

« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2016, 04:58:24 pm »

That center and the one that was where Walmart is now, just never filled up. Shogun and Sun & Ski I think are the oldest ones in that center. Mervyn's lasted longer than Bealls, but even when they built it in the 80's I don't think it ever had full occupancy.

On a side note, was it Petty's that opened a store at Eton Square when it originally opened? That's another one that TGIFriday's and the theater are the only original tenants.
LeGenDz
Activist

« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2016, 05:18:51 pm »

That's another one that TGIFriday's and the theater are the only original tenants.

TGIFriday's has been closed for a while now.

dbacksfan 2.0
City Father

« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2016, 05:27:28 pm »

TGIFriday's has been closed for a while now.

Hmmm, Google Maps must be wrong, they show June of 2016 and it's there, wouldn't be the first time they're wrong. My mistake.

https://www.google.com/maps/@36.0762055,-95.886495,3a,73.7y,102.47h,93.51t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1s39rDtbQ0M5hTsqMFhVDoWg!2e0!7i13312!8i6656?hl=en
Bamboo World
Philanthropist

« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2016, 05:30:32 pm »

I heard that the road construction this year on both 61st and Memorial contributed to the demise of both Baker Street and TGI Friday's.  I don't live near the area, and I avoid it whenever possible, especially around 61st & Memorial.

Bamboo World
Philanthropist

« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2016, 05:35:09 pm »

Hmmm, Google Maps must be wrong, they show June of 2016 and it's there, wouldn't be the first time they're wrong. My mistake.

https://www.google.com/maps/@36.0762055,-95.886495,3a,73.7y,102.47h,93.51t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1s39rDtbQ0M5hTsqMFhVDoWg!2e0!7i13312!8i6656?hl=en

TGI Fridays closed in July, as I recall.

Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2016, 05:52:23 pm »

I heard that the road construction this year on both 61st and Memorial contributed to the demise of both Baker Street and TGI Friday's.  I don't live near the area, and I avoid it whenever possible, especially around 61st & Memorial.

That TGIF quite frankly sucked and it was on a downward spiral well before the construction got underway.  It may have sped it along but it wasn't far from doom anyway...many of the businesses over there didn't fare well (save for Jason's I guess).

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2016, 11:16:05 am »

The area is unattractive.  Surface parking to rival downtown.

Plant a damned tree.  Make it less depressing.
Vision 2025
Philanthropist

« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2016, 08:54:51 am »

I hate it when that happens.

Vision 2025 Program Director - know the facts, www.Vision2025.info
BKDotCom
City Father

« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2016, 09:25:34 am »

Memorial is trying hard to dethrone Garnett and Mingo as the ugliest/worst streets in the US.

http://www.planetizen.com/node/15
dbacksfan 2.0
City Father

« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2016, 10:10:18 am »

I heard that the road construction this year on both 61st and Memorial contributed to the demise of both Baker Street and TGI Friday's.  I don't live near the area, and I avoid it whenever possible, especially around 61st & Memorial.

If that's the case, how did Hooter's, Shogun, the Mongolian BBQ and others stay in business while TGIF and Baker St. tanked? I always thought the worst stretch in that area for restaurants was 71st from Memorial to just east of the mall.

For that fact, how has Fuji survived for what, 30 years now?
« Last Edit: October 25, 2016, 10:14:21 am by dbacksfan 2.0 » Logged
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org