A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 01:43:19 pm
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: OSU Wins First National Football Title  (Read 12997 times)
Breadburner
City Father

« Reply #15 on: October 18, 2016, 06:46:30 am »

Here's what I meant by Army having a better claim to the title in 45:

Army defeated 5 ranked teams. OSU defeated none. How OSU was awarded this championship is beyond me.

The AP voting in 1945 had the final rankings of:

1. Army
2. Alabama
3. Navy
4. Indiana
5. Oklahoma State

Army was the AP Champs...The only one that means anything....OSU petitioned the AFCA for this...It's a joke....

cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #16 on: October 18, 2016, 07:18:59 am »

Army was the AP Champs...The only one that means anything....OSU petitioned the AFCA for this...It's a joke....

I don't think anyone is giving this more credence than it is entitled to, but OSU petitioned the AFCA after the AFCA asked colleges who played in the 1945 season to petition if they wanted to be considered for the championship in that year. Why not petition for it? If Alabama can claim a title whenever it feels like it, so can OSU!

Go Pokes!

http://www.si.com/college-football/alabama-crimson-title-football-national-title-dispute

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
Ibanez
City Father

« Reply #17 on: October 18, 2016, 08:09:55 am »

I don't think anyone is giving this more credence than it is entitled to, but OSU petitioned the AFCA after the AFCA asked colleges who played in the 1945 season to petition if they wanted to be considered for the championship in that year. Why not petition for it? If Alabama can claim a title whenever it feels like it, so can OSU!

Go Pokes!

http://www.si.com/college-football/alabama-crimson-title-football-national-title-dispute

I thought the same thing until I saw this:

start showing up on the Facebook feed of all my friends who are OSU supporters along with a bunch of comments like "suck it OU", "1 more for the trophy case" and etc...

Full disclosure: I have a degree from OSU as well as two from OU. I support both teams, except when they play each other then it is OU all the way.
rebound
City Father

« Reply #18 on: October 18, 2016, 08:31:52 am »

OSU all the way here, but I don't understand how the coaches picked OSU over Army,either.  But hey, anything that stick's in OU's craw is something I'll use for all it's worth.  Smiley

Go Pokes!

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #19 on: October 18, 2016, 10:25:54 am »

I just figured it was a fun topic to add with the shitshow of an election season and the Crutcher shooting dominating TNF lately.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
davideinstein
« Reply #20 on: October 18, 2016, 03:19:21 pm »

I could sit on here all day and tell you how wrong you are.

But, CHAMPS. Deal with it.
davideinstein
« Reply #21 on: October 18, 2016, 03:20:39 pm »

I thought the same thing until I saw this:

start showing up on the Facebook feed of all my friends who are OSU supporters along with a bunch of comments like "suck it OU", "1 more for the trophy case" and etc...

Full disclosure: I have a degree from OSU as well as two from OU. I support both teams, except when they play each other then it is OU all the way.

I have a degree from OSU and I'll never support OU. No thanks!
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org