A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 01:40:24 pm
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Brownie's Hamburgers (Owasso)  (Read 6033 times)
Ed W
City Father

« on: October 07, 2016, 12:48:59 pm »

Location(s) Being Reviewed: Brownies in Owasso
Date/Time of Visit: 10/6/16
Quality of Food (1-5): 4
Menu/Food Options (1-5): 4
Quality of Service (1-5): 5
Atmosphere (1-5): 3
Overall Rating (1-5): 4
Price ($-$$$$$): $$
What makes this restaurant unique: Good food. Reasonable prices.

Tell us about your experience:
Brownies is in the space formerly occupied by Dusty's Cantina. (Snicker) If you recall, my wife and I walked out of Dustys due to non-service back in July. Dustys is no more. It will not be missed.

Brownies offers burgers, chicken, and old fashioned fries (Freedom Fries on the menu.) The two best things about our meal, however, were the root beer and potato chips, both made locally. The chips are apparently fried on site and served still warm with an onion dip. Portions were generous.

Ed

May you live in interesting times.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2016, 01:15:43 pm »

Location(s) Being Reviewed: Brownies in Owasso
Date/Time of Visit: 10/6/16
Quality of Food (1-5): 4
Menu/Food Options (1-5): 4
Quality of Service (1-5): 5
Atmosphere (1-5): 3
Overall Rating (1-5): 4
Price ($-$$$$$): $$
What makes this restaurant unique: Good food. Reasonable prices.

Tell us about your experience:
Brownies is in the space formerly occupied by Dusty's Cantina. (Snicker) If you recall, my wife and I walked out of Dustys due to non-service back in July. Dustys is no more. It will not be missed.

Brownies offers burgers, chicken, and old fashioned fries (Freedom Fries on the menu.) The two best things about our meal, however, were the root beer and potato chips, both made locally. The chips are apparently fried on site and served still warm with an onion dip. Portions were generous.

Same owners as Dusty’s isn’t it?

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Ed W
City Father

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2016, 02:43:07 pm »

I really don't know. Nothing about the interior was changed, though the waitstaff actually worked.

My daughter, who doesn't eat hamburgers, said the food was good at their other restaurant. I usually avoid fried food, but SWMBO loves burgers so....

Ed

May you live in interesting times.
shavethewhales
Philanthropist

« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2016, 03:17:29 pm »

Brownies is all over the freaking place now. So their original location on S. Harvard has been around forever, but now all the sudden they've got a south Tulsa location, one in Utica Square, an Owasso location, and even at least one outlet at the fairgrounds that I noticed during the fair.

I remember them having decent burgers and nice old fashioned pie, but the root beer is really what hits the spot. I guess I'm glad their expanding, but I hope they aren't overdoing it and going corporate or something.
AquaMan
City Father

Just Cruz'n

« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2016, 03:32:21 pm »

They also have a food trailer for parties. Never had a bad burger there. I do miss the Brownies of old back in the 80's. Very entertaining servers.

onward...through the fog
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2016, 09:30:52 am »

They also have a food trailer for parties. Never had a bad burger there. I do miss the Brownies of old back in the 80's. Very entertaining servers.

We haven't been in years, but in the 60's, that was the place to go - great food and magnificent pie!!  It was always so hard to decide between Coconut Creme or Blackberry pie!!  Put a very heavy burden on the mind!!

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2016, 01:24:09 pm »

Still good and cheap at the location on Harvard.  Great breakfasts as well.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org