A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 08:52:40 am
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 20   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Terence Crutcher  (Read 165478 times)
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #135 on: September 26, 2016, 06:56:24 am »

I'm not sure what OSCN is supposed to have in it's database, but it's either not showing cases that resulted in prison, or other people are lying about him. Not sure which it is.

Has anyone said that the car was working or not? That would say a lot about a lot as to whether of not he was incapacitated.

All this being said, I still find it hard to say the shooting was justified. She certainly seemed to have made a huge mistake.

Look yourself up in OSCN.  If you have had contact with courts it is there.

If that statement about being in prison was true it would be there.  What do ya wanna bet it's just another "sauerkraut style" lie**...?

**Something that has been proven to be the exact opposite of what he is saying, but he continues to spread the falsehood.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #136 on: September 26, 2016, 07:08:15 am »

Look yourself up in OSCN.  If you have had contact with courts it is there.

If that statement about being in prison was true it would be there.  What do ya wanna bet it's just another "sauerkraut style" lie**...?

**Something that has been proven to be the exact opposite of what he is saying, but he continues to spread the falsehood.

That could also be referred to as a "Sean Hannity".

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #137 on: September 26, 2016, 07:21:37 am »

That could also be referred to as a "Sean Hannity".

Wider scope - ALL of Faux News....the "entertainment" channel....  Biggest of their lies.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

« Reply #138 on: September 26, 2016, 07:45:06 am »

Wider scope - ALL of Faux News....the "entertainment" channel....  Biggest of their lies.

Shepard Smith is actually not too bad.  He's called them out on occasion.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

erfalf
City Father

« Reply #139 on: September 26, 2016, 07:47:00 am »

Maybe so, but I have a hard time believing the Tribune (actually it was AP) and those others mentioned above are ever on the "same page" so to speak.

I noticed that the wrap sheet list that is making the rounds on the internet appears to me to be a different TerAnce Crutcher. Is the AP also using the wrong name? I searched on OSCN and didn't find anything for the spellings I have seen for Terence. Or are Oklahoma records lying?

I don't see the need to sugar coat his past, since in this case it should have little bearing on the outcome, unless the officer knew him personally from prior experience (which I doubt).

"Trust but Verify." - The Gipper
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #140 on: September 26, 2016, 07:56:50 am »

Maybe so, but I have a hard time believing the Tribune (actually it was AP) and those others mentioned above are ever on the "same page" so to speak.

I noticed that the wrap sheet list that is making the rounds on the internet appears to me to be a different TerAnce Crutcher. Is the AP also using the wrong name? I searched on OSCN and didn't find anything for the spellings I have seen for Terence. Or are Oklahoma records lying?

I don't see the need to sugar coat his past, since in this case it should have little bearing on the outcome, unless the officer knew him personally from prior experience (which I doubt).

Spelling is everything - and it must be precise.  The one I keep harping about has another guy with same middle name...  Allan versus Allen.  Two different people.

cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #141 on: September 26, 2016, 08:04:35 am »

OSCN sometimes spells names wrong. But you can usually click on the defendants name and get a physical description, last known address, and birthday.  That can help make sure you are looking at the right person, or looking at the same person if there are different spellings. It can help, but it is no guarantee.

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
erfalf
City Father

« Reply #142 on: September 26, 2016, 08:08:45 am »

OSCN sometimes spells names wrong. But you can usually click on the defendants name and get a physical description, last known address, and birthday.  That can help make sure you are looking at the right person, or looking at the same person if there are different spellings. It can help, but it is no guarantee.

Since I don't know him at all it doesn't help me at all. If I didn't remember where I had lived in the past it would have been difficult to discern if that speeding citation was actually me as well.

Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

« Reply #143 on: September 26, 2016, 08:17:56 am »

I"m lucky I guess..the only thing on me on OSCN is my marriage license from 1990.

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #144 on: September 26, 2016, 09:13:37 am »

You can do an offender look up on the ODOC web site.  For some reason it is not working this morning.  Google “ODOC offender lookup” and it will bring up the link.

The Trib was correct, he’s most definitely been a guest of the ODOC.

I could be wrong, but any skirmishes adjudicated through Tulsa Municipal Court would not appear on OSCN, so that would help account for some of his contacts with the law (if they happened) not showing up in OSCN.  That assumes he’s actually got a “long” record as has been suggested in various places.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2016, 09:15:21 am by Conan71 » Logged

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
erfalf
City Father

« Reply #145 on: September 26, 2016, 12:27:27 pm »

You can do an offender look up on the ODOC web site.  For some reason it is not working this morning.  Google “ODOC offender lookup” and it will bring up the link.

The Trib was correct, he’s most definitely been a guest of the ODOC.

http://docapp065p.doc.state.ok.us/servlet/page?_pageid=394&_dad=portal30&_schema=PORTAL30&doc_num=556091&offender_book_id=333041

So how do you spell Mr. Crutcher's first name, because I searched ODOC and "TerAnce" T Crutcher was on there. And this is certainly him:

Newspaper and this site keep using an E in the middle. ODOC lists aliases of Terance, Terrance, and Terrence. None of which are used by the news sites.

patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #146 on: September 26, 2016, 12:45:37 pm »

http://docapp065p.doc.state.ok.us/servlet/page?_pageid=394&_dad=portal30&_schema=PORTAL30&doc_num=556091&offender_book_id=333041

Newspaper and this site keep using an E in the middle. ODOC lists aliases of Terance, Terrance, and Terrence. None of which are used by the news sites.

Funeral program

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #147 on: September 26, 2016, 03:26:14 pm »

Still waiting for the tox report.

Regardless of history - this event is what counts, and no matter how much someone is trying to cast him as "bad dude" - they had no idea about that when this occurred.  And certainly nothing rose to the level of capital punishment.

patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #148 on: September 26, 2016, 03:59:04 pm »

Regardless of history - this event is what counts, and no matter how much someone is trying to cast him as "bad dude" - they had no idea about that when this occurred.  And certainly nothing rose to the level of capital punishment.

The attorney for Terence Crutcher’s widow believes there should be more video of his death at the hands of a Tulsa police officer.

According to a TPD policy manual, officers are able to trigger dash cam video recording five different ways, including by pressing a button on a microphone worn on their duty belts or elsewhere. Attorney Dan Smolen wants to know why there’s no video from Officer Betty Shelby’s car when she was there two minutes before anyone else.

"Either they're in violation of their policy because she was not equipped with one of the triggering devices, or explain why, if she was in such fear for those two minutes, she didn't trigger the recording device," Smolen said.

http://publicradiotulsa.org/post/attorney-believes-there-should-be-more-video-crutchers-death

Im only speculating, but could Shelby's video have been so outrageous as to make city leaders fear it triggering rioting?  The only saving grace in all this is that Tulsans have sofar reacted with restraint and civility.  Just how fragile that peace is could be anyone's guess.

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
Bamboo World
Philanthropist

« Reply #149 on: September 26, 2016, 05:58:51 pm »

...could Shelby's video have been so outrageous as to make city leaders fear it triggering rioting?

I have no idea about potentially outrageous video triggering riots, but in my opinion, the following explanation from a TPD public information officer about the lack of any video is outrageous:  

From the Tulsa World:

Shelby turned on her police car's rear flashing lights only when stopping to approach Crutcher, which meant her dash camera did not turn on, Sgt. Shane Tuell told reporters Monday.

From The Frontier:

Shelby’s dash cam was not functioning during the shooting. Tulsa police vehicles work on a three toggle system — when the switch is flipped to “level one,” as Shelby’s car was that night, only the lights in the rear window are active and the siren and camera remain off.

At level two, the overhead lights and camera activate. At three, all lights are on, as are the camera and the siren.

“She had it on one, because it appeared she just thought she came up on a stalled car,” Public Information Officer Shane Tuell said. “You can hear it in her voice, she says, ‘I just came up on an abandoned car.’ ”

After watching four different police videos, I'd say that Betty Shelby had her toggle switch set to at least level two, not to level one.  In my opinion, unless it malfunctioned, her camera should have been activated by the toggle system, as explained by Sgt. Tuell.

But today, from Dan Smolen, we're hearing that there are other ways to activate the camera:

1. Hitting the bumper of the vehicle
2. Pressing a button on a microphone worn on duty belts or elsewhere
3. Pressing the red "RECORD" button on the in-car camera
4. Pressing a button in the in-car computer

Something seems amiss.

Why pay to have the cameras installed and then not activate them?  Why not store data from the cameras and keep that information so it can be retrieved later?

From the Tulsa World, September 8, 2010:

TPD suit ends with dash cameras ordered

A federal judge approved a settlement in a racial discrimination lawsuit against the city of Tulsa. The action ended 16 years of litigation in the class-action case brought by black police officers. U.S. District Judge Terence Kern signed an agreement calling for the city to purchase, install and maintain video cameras for all Tulsa Police Department patrol vehicles over a period of five years. The city was also ordered to pay for data storage of information captured by the cameras.

« Last Edit: September 26, 2016, 06:36:52 pm by Bamboo World » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 20   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org