A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 04:03:17 pm
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: CityPlex Towers  (Read 12004 times)
buffalodan
Activist

« on: September 08, 2016, 07:41:28 am »

So there have been a few whisperings of various companies/organizations moving to cityplex in the near future. I have yet to get a business card or hear about a business actually moving there, but am curious if anybody knows of any changes that have been occurring. Did they remodel everything, or are they developing the area around it to support business people? I know the BRT will be turning around somewhere there, but I can't imagine that moving from downtown to 81st and lewis because of public transit.

Am I missing something that others are seeing?!
Ibanez
City Father

« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2016, 08:26:55 am »

I have heard some rumors as well. One of them about a company currently located downtown that has, if the rumors are true, looked to move to CityPlex.
BKDotCom
City Father

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2016, 08:39:05 am »

There is/was this:

http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/religion/oru-gets-million-federal-contract-for-cityplex-towers-lease/article_3b34b15b-1913-590a-9142-9096132b34fb.html
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2016, 12:39:50 pm »

They recently completed some significant work to the towers and downtown remains largely filled for top level office space. ORU is probably "B" level space, but as a well known complex with free parking, recent renovations, and as I heard it an available build out budget, it appears to be very competitive.

Now, since we are on an anonymous internet message board... can we perhaps name these rumored companies?

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
Ibanez
City Father

« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2016, 12:55:22 pm »

They recently completed some significant work to the towers and downtown remains largely filled for top level office space. ORU is probably "B" level space, but as a well known complex with free parking, recent renovations, and as I heard it an available build out budget, it appears to be very competitive.

Now, since we are on an anonymous internet message board... can we perhaps name these rumored companies?

The one I heard a rumor about is currently in the old Amerada Hess Building at 6th & Denver.
davideinstein
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2016, 02:46:12 pm »

The one I heard a rumor about is currently in the old Amerada Hess Building at 6th & Denver.

CommunityCare makes sense.
sauerkraut
City Father

I Conquered The 2013 -2015 Polar Bear Plunge!!

« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2016, 03:06:23 pm »

It seems like a good place to move to, it beats being in downtown Tulsa and you have free parking.

Proud Global  Warming Deiner! Earth Is Getting Colder NOT Warmer!
davideinstein
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2016, 05:34:49 pm »

It seems like a good place to move to, it beats being in downtown Tulsa and you have free parking.

Yeah, being across from ORU is a helluva lot better than being near a good night life.
AquaMan
City Father

Just Cruz'n

« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2016, 06:08:44 pm »

Well, you know, no vagrants, no homeless, no sidewalks, plenty of parking and the police department is nearby. Is that what you mean Sauer?

onward...through the fog
dbacksfan 2.0
City Father

« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2016, 10:24:00 pm »

I was going to ask if you thought the building might be cursed, but then I see ORU still owns it, so that sort of explains things. (no thunder or lightning and my phone didn't ring so I must be safe) It seems a little odd that they are leasing 86,500 square feet, but only 60 parking spaces, sound like more room than people. Are there still floors in the main building that have not been built out? I remember that place leaked badly inside when it would rain.
DTowner
City Father

« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2016, 09:23:51 am »

Community Care building has a dedicated parking garage.  The only advantage I can see is if it is getting a substantial rent reduction.
TulsaGoldenHurriCAN
City Father

« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2016, 10:32:03 am »

Are you being sarcastic? Downtown is far better than 81st and Lewis in just about every way. 81st and Lewis has one of the busiest and highest crime rate Walmarts around, tons of run-down apartments and an outdated unsightly college along with very little to do. Downtown is thriving with tons of restaurants, coffee shops and things to do along with hundreds of millions more development to come.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2016, 11:29:31 am »

“81st & Lewis sucks.”

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
erfalf
City Father

« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2016, 12:02:59 pm »

Are you being sarcastic? Downtown is far better than 81st and Lewis in just about every way. 81st and Lewis has one of the busiest and highest crime rate Walmarts around, tons of run-down apartments and an outdated unsightly college along with very little to do. Downtown is thriving with tons of restaurants, coffee shops and things to do along with hundreds of millions more development to come.

But the people that work there don't live there.

"Trust but Verify." - The Gipper
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #14 on: September 09, 2016, 01:59:48 pm »

Haha... f#$% you too.

I hope you didn’t think that was a swipe at you, I’m right there with you. Considering the poster you were answering, I thought Rain Man was rather appropriate.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org