A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 03:11:48 am
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mural Artist  (Read 5442 times)
TulsaGuy
Activist

« on: August 17, 2016, 08:44:57 am »

Looking for a good yet affordable mural artist who can paint a Tulsa themed mural on a building.

Thanks for your help!
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2016, 09:04:56 am »

Looking for a good yet affordable mural artist who can paint a Tulsa themed mural on a building.

Thanks for your help!

The Artist....right here on the board!

William, you do still do murals, don't you?
« Last Edit: August 17, 2016, 09:10:39 am by heironymouspasparagus » Logged

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2016, 10:22:30 am »

William Franklin. He does many murals, including the Mayfest Murals on the hotel at the end of main. He also owns Decapolis, so you can stop by and see more of his work there, as well as on the wall of his old location on the SW corner of the parking garage at 6th and Boston (you can see it from the Vault).

I have no idea how his prices compare to others, but I believe "good yet affordable" may be an oxymoron.  Grin

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2016, 10:50:20 am »

Did he do the mural on the side of Rose Pawn shop building?

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2016, 01:28:21 pm »

William does the kites for Mayfest each year on the side of the downtown Hyatt.

Here is his commercial website

http://williamtheartist.net/

Power is nothing till you use it.
TheArtist
T-Town Elder

« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2016, 05:49:10 pm »

William does the kites for Mayfest each year on the side of the downtown Hyatt.

Here is his commercial website

http://williamtheartist.net/

Thanks Michael

Yes I am still doing murals, in Norman right now working on one.  I have however started slowing down and spreading out my schedule so I can spend more time working on DECOPOLIS. 

Affordable?  I have had people laugh at my quote and pat me on the back and say "Thats so cheap! Lets see what else we can have you do!" and then had others say "Ooops wow, can't afford that." but that was because they were wanting something that would take a lot of time and were not willing to pay for my time.  Lets just say I can almost always do something to fit someones budget. Whatever someones budget I try to use my creativity and years of experience to create the best, most interesting and beautiful mural I can. 

More detail, means more time thus more money.  But you don't have to have a lot of detail to make something impactful or beautiful. I basically charge about $650 per day ( does not include special scaffolding if needed, I do have some scaffolding, or if a project is really high up for that will cost more, out of town traveling expenses, etc.) Once we approve a project I might charge a "half days" worth to cover prep work, including my meetings with you, some paint supplies, and the first day of going out and sketching up the project on the wall.  Then for example if you wanted a skyline on a wall (course this depends a little on the size of the wall, or if there is any heavy texture or if its smooth, etc.), for 1 days worth of work you might get a tone on tone silhouette type thing.  2 days I could start adding in a little depth and or color (like a blue sky with clouds and the skyline silhouetted against it).  3 days I could do something very colorful or tone on tone with more detail like a simple geometric Art Deco style mural.  etc. etc. 

"When you only have two pennies left in the world, buy a loaf of bread with one, and a lily with the other."-Chinese proverb. "Arts a staple. Like bread or wine or a warm coat in winter. Those who think it is a luxury have only a fragment of a mind. Mans spirit grows hungry for art in the same way h
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2016, 08:58:10 am »

Thanks Michael

Yes I am still doing murals, in Norman right now working on one.  I have however started slowing down and spreading out my schedule so I can spend more time working on DECOPOLIS. 

Affordable?  I have had people laugh at my quote and pat me on the back and say "Thats so cheap! Lets see what else we can have you do!" and then had others say "Ooops wow, can't afford that." but that was because they were wanting something that would take a lot of time and were not willing to pay for my time.  Lets just say I can almost always do something to fit someones budget. Whatever someones budget I try to use my creativity and years of experience to create the best, most interesting and beautiful mural I can. 

More detail, means more time thus more money.  But you don't have to have a lot of detail to make something impactful or beautiful. I basically charge about $650 per day ( does not include special scaffolding if needed, I do have some scaffolding, or if a project is really high up for that will cost more, out of town traveling expenses, etc.) Once we approve a project I might charge a "half days" worth to cover prep work, including my meetings with you, some paint supplies, and the first day of going out and sketching up the project on the wall.  Then for example if you wanted a skyline on a wall (course this depends a little on the size of the wall, or if there is any heavy texture or if its smooth, etc.), for 1 days worth of work you might get a tone on tone silhouette type thing.  2 days I could start adding in a little depth and or color (like a blue sky with clouds and the skyline silhouetted against it).  3 days I could do something very colorful or tone on tone with more detail like a simple geometric Art Deco style mural.  etc. etc. 

I have a new neighbor who is building a barn and has been talking about a sign.  How about "See Rock City" sign?  Or Meramac Caverns sign?   I will pass your name to him if so...

http://www.seerockcity.com/about/barn-history

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/553309504195500838/

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org