A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 06:16:23 am
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Gym to go into old arvest on brookside  (Read 6182 times)
sooneralum2012
Citizen

« on: August 24, 2016, 01:00:21 pm »

I was walking along brookside last night and noticed that the old arvest bank at 33rd & Peoria is undergoing renovations to be transformed into a gym. The gym is going to be called Revved Fitness and has an estimated opening date of December 2016. It looks like their will also be a health bar called Nutrify going into the same spot.

Glad to see the spot isn't going to sit empty much longer. Even though it's not a high end retailer, it does add some nice diversity to the area.

« Last Edit: August 24, 2016, 01:02:49 pm by sooneralum2012 » Logged
Breadburner
City Father

« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2016, 03:25:37 pm »

Gag...Won't last....

cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2016, 07:03:34 am »

Good luck to them. Gyms can contribute life to a street.

But there are low barriers to entry, high competition, and spotty brand loyalty. Hence, there have been 5 or 6 open and 4 or 5 close in the last ~4 years in my neighborhood. I would think the high rate would be fatal to a gym at that location, but maybe being seen is worth extra fees for members?

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
AquaMan
City Father

Just Cruz'n

« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2016, 09:11:44 am »

It isn't the first gym to open around that location. I wish them luck but Peoria is going to be congested for at least another year.

onward...through the fog
sooneralum2012
Citizen

« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2016, 10:05:08 am »

It isn't the first gym to open around that location. I wish them luck but Peoria is going to be congested for at least another year.

True. One thing though that this will have going for it is visibility from the street. That boss fitness location a block down is almost impossible to find even if you know where it is.
sooneralum2012
Citizen

« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2016, 10:13:00 am »

Good luck to them. Gyms can contribute life to a street.

But there are low barriers to entry, high competition, and spotty brand loyalty. Hence, there have been 5 or 6 open and 4 or 5 close in the last ~4 years in my neighborhood. I would think the high rate would be fatal to a gym at that location, but maybe being seen is worth extra fees for members?

One thing I've noticed is that midtown is in desperate need of another high quality gym. Right now sky fitness at promenade is the only option in the area that provides the amenities people who are willing to pay 50-60 a month want. So that gives me hope it may work out.

Either way, at least they are doing the renovations to transform it from a bank. If they do fail it will be a lot easier for some other business to pop in.
DTowner
City Father

« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2016, 11:13:20 am »

I wonder how they will incorporate the drive-thru into the circuit training.
davideinstein
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2016, 03:06:10 pm »

Get a gym with a swimming pool and I'll buy a membership.
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2016, 08:51:06 pm »

Get a gym with a swimming pool and I'll buy a membership.

St John has a pool.  It doesn't have the newest equipment but it's a nice gym and convenient for midtown residents.

davideinstein
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2016, 03:45:19 pm »

St John has a pool.  It doesn't have the newest equipment but it's a nice gym and convenient for midtown residents.

Is that open to the public?!
godboko71
Philanthropist

« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2016, 05:02:53 pm »

Is that open to the public?!

http://www.stjohnhealthsystem.com/health-club/membership

Thank you,
Robert Town
davideinstein
« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2016, 10:33:43 pm »

"Executive" membership was worded oddly.
Breadburner
City Father

« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2016, 07:13:22 am »

Boot camp/Crossfit is what its going to be....It could do just fine....

Jeff P
Civic Leader

« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2016, 01:48:16 pm »

The YWCA at 21st and Lewis also has a pool.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #14 on: August 30, 2016, 01:53:12 pm »

The YWCA at 21st and Lewis also has a pool.

As does Lifetime Fitness, but that’s out in BFE.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org