A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 06:13:06 am
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: My son the football player  (Read 6773 times)
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« on: August 21, 2016, 09:28:49 am »

Just wanted to show some coverage of my boy.

If any of you are college coaches or scouts and want to offer him a scholarship, I would appreciate it.

http://www.tulsaworld.com/communities/owasso/sports/smart-versatile-describes-b-t-washington-lineman-braden-patton/article_eae58b0e-d90f-5f45-8144-b76481c6754e.html

http://vype.com/tulsaok/?p=7774

http://www.tulsaworld.com/sportsextra/okpreps/all-world-readers-choice-after-months-of-voting-see-who/article_c6c487cb-9453-53ae-9878-2e84acb1d1ca.html

Power is nothing till you use it.
davideinstein
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2016, 11:12:50 am »

Cheers! Great program.
AquaMan
City Father

Just Cruz'n

« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2016, 01:34:13 pm »

Nice story. OU needs a good player like your son but, even though their academic standards are high, this boy needs to go to Stanford with that 31 ACT, not one of those whiney Ivy league teams.

onward...through the fog
davideinstein
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2016, 01:39:33 pm »

Pretty obvious he could go block for Justice Hill in Stillwater. Just my $0.02 with no biases of course...
AquaMan
City Father

Just Cruz'n

« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2016, 01:51:45 pm »

Does he intend on political science major or law?

onward...through the fog
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2016, 06:21:13 pm »

Congratulations Michael.

Sounds like a great young man. Please do not let him go to a local school because of football, with his grades and scores and football on top of that he can go someplace great, probably for free.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2016, 06:32:48 pm »

Sounds like a great young man.

Look at the parents and grandparents, Braden didn’t have much of a choice Wink

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2016, 08:05:22 am »

Congratulations Michael.

Sounds like a great young man. Please do not let him go to a local school because of football, with his grades and scores and football on top of that he can go someplace great, probably for free.

Absolutely, like a top 100 National University that ranks as "selective" and also happens to have a football team that has been bowling a lot recently. Stupid little local schools like the University of Tulsa.  Grin  (smallest DI football school, yes we have a chip on our shoulders)

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2016, 11:06:09 am »

He has Tulsa University on his list.

The rankings that every school uses is put out annually by U.S. News and World Report. It shows that Tulsa is the #86 best school in America.
http://colleges.usnews.rankingsandreviews.com/best-colleges/rankings/national-universities

Power is nothing till you use it.
AquaMan
City Father

Just Cruz'n

« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2016, 12:06:28 pm »

OU at #108. TU at #86. Good for them. But their tuition is nearly 5 times in state at OU. And, our football team gets to play in prime time!

Still, Stanford at #4  and only $10K more in tuition, AND a good football program is hard to beat. Lots of scholarship money there too. And liberals.  Smiley

onward...through the fog
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2016, 04:45:45 pm »

Congratulations to you and your wife.  You raised a good man there!

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org