A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:29:31 am
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Blake Ewing businesses failed to pay $80k in taxes.  (Read 43407 times)
davideinstein
« Reply #75 on: October 14, 2016, 03:30:14 pm »

Really?  It didn't sound like that when you removed yourself from the conversation when this was still about being out of trust on collected sales taxes.

I'd like to hear CF's take on the filing if he can comment.  I know he may represent clients in that part of downtown and can't comment on the merits of the suit.  I know Blake's business interests also involve at least one or two members on this forum.

I question some of the wording in the suit and I'll be curious how it stands up when it goes to court.    

Taking the allegations in the Zenthoeffer suit, this suit, and the 19 tax liens, it would appear there's been a cash flow issue amongst the businesses at various times.  Whether or not that was due to personal enrichment or simply over-extension and Blake was directing the cash flow to cover losses is for someone else to judge.  

He may only be guilty of being too deft in his management style and trusted the wrong people to manage his affairs.  I did that once and assumed if there was money in the account when I needed it, all was good.  After that management style imploded on me, I've never forgotten that lesson.  I am a partner in four different business entities and still have a full time day job.  Every day, I know- to the penny- how much cash I personally and each business has on hand and how much is owed.  Taxes are always a priority and vendors are always paid on time.

People do make mistakes.  Blake may have trusted the wrong people or perhaps too many people trusted his ability to return a great ROI and he got over-extended with easy credit to over-extend his resources too quick without time to adjust and find the right people to manage his interests with limited input from him.

I have no axe to grind with Blake, but this is taking on the appearance of a business empire which grew too quick, trying to take advantage of lower rents and real estate prices which existed 6-8 years ago.  One thing about Blake is he is a visionary.  Perhaps he saw the upshot on downtown and he wanted in before it got too expensive to to be a player.

You do have to question how a business like Joe Momma's which was reporting a profit of $1.2 million ended up only showing a net income of 2% unless it was shifting money via the Engine Room to support other entities.  Creating a marketing or management arm like The Engine Room to collect marketing or management fees is a pretty brilliant move if you need to shift cash around.

Just my opinions, mind you.  Better legal minds will eventually get to the bottom of it.  

Not paying taxes was an absolute. Someone filing a lawsuit citing a transaction without knowing the full story behind it is another. I just want to hear the other side, that's all. I'm for sure harder on him regarding the taxes since he's in public office.
davideinstein
« Reply #76 on: October 14, 2016, 03:34:48 pm »

Lol...Yes it was a B2B without your partners knowledge...That's legit....I'm sure the folks he was involved with at Archer Market thought it was ok too....

No, I'm just saying it could potentially be with their knowledge. Both Ewing and Perkins get a lot if things said about them in circles that might not be totally accurate because they are/were politicians.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #77 on: October 14, 2016, 06:34:28 pm »

No, I'm just saying it could potentially be with their knowledge. Both Ewing and Perkins get a lot if things said about them in circles that might not be totally accurate because they are/were politicians.

To my knowledge, Perkins has never been a politician.  He ran for mayor once and his brother sat on the TMAPC.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
davideinstein
« Reply #78 on: October 14, 2016, 07:48:37 pm »

To my knowledge, Perkins has never been a politician.  He ran for mayor once and his brother sat on the TMAPC.

I mean, if you run for office then you're a politician.
Breadburner
City Father

« Reply #79 on: November 01, 2016, 08:04:49 pm »

Annnnnd....It's get worse....

cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #80 on: November 02, 2016, 08:17:59 am »

Annnnnd....It's get worse....

I hereby nominate you for most worthless poster of the year. Zero substance what-so-ever. I had to Google what you were talking about to glean any substance from your post. Put some effort in for Gods sake.

News reports indicate 2 other Plaintiffs have joined the suit:

http://www.newson6.com/story/33580639/two-new-plaintiffs-join-lawsuit-against-tulsa-city-councilor

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #81 on: November 02, 2016, 09:10:46 am »

I hereby nominate you for most worthless poster of the year. Zero substance what-so-ever. I had to Google what you were talking about to glean any substance from your post. Put some effort in for Gods sake.

http://www.newson6.com/story/33580639/two-new-plaintiffs-join-lawsuit-against-tulsa-city-councilor

He doesn't need nomination - he gets it by acclimation/default.  From review of some of the old FOTD posts, even he wasn't the most worthless - at least there was some thought put into it.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
DowntownDan
City Father

« Reply #82 on: November 02, 2016, 09:58:36 am »

Additional people with the same allegations in the same lawsuit.  Nothing has really changed.  I'll give him the benefit of the doubt since anyone can file a lawsuit.  It doesn't have a large affect on my view of him as a city councilor either way. 
« Last Edit: November 02, 2016, 10:00:31 am by DowntownDan » Logged
Breadburner
City Father

« Reply #83 on: November 02, 2016, 10:36:27 am »

I sure don't waste as much bandwidth as you...Counselor....

Breadburner
City Father

« Reply #84 on: November 02, 2016, 10:36:59 am »

Additional people with the same allegations in the same lawsuit.  Nothing has really changed.  I'll give him the benefit of the doubt since anyone can file a lawsuit.  It doesn't have a large affect on my view of him as a city councilor either way. 

The same allegations his partners at Archer Market had......

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #85 on: November 02, 2016, 11:28:43 am »

I sure don't waste as much bandwidth as you...Counselor....

Lol...lol...lol...lol...

But what you do is more profoundly wasted....

I guess that is just the ultimate expression of Trump Fanboy syndrome.  Even before Trump!

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
AquaMan
City Father

Just Cruz'n

« Reply #86 on: November 02, 2016, 11:43:33 am »

If Blake screwed up it isn't Breadburners doing. Just because we like Blake as a counselor doesn't mean he is immune from criticism for his business acumen. We sure loved his restaurants and praised them when they were setting the pace in Blue Dome. Well, turnabout is fair play.

BB's style, or lack thereof, is another subject.

onward...through the fog
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #87 on: November 02, 2016, 12:54:27 pm »

If Blake screwed up it isn't Breadburners doing. Just because we like Blake as a counselor doesn't mean he is immune from criticism for his business acumen...
BB's style, or lack thereof, is another subject.

I haven't defended nor criticized Blake in regards to this lawsuit. My concern was not with BreadBurner raising issues of public interest, rather that he consistently drops vague comments and leaves it to others to figure out what the hell he's talking about. Then I actually post the basics of the story and link to a source, and I'm mocked for my trouble.

That's the definition of a troll.

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
DTowner
City Father

« Reply #88 on: November 02, 2016, 01:43:57 pm »

I don’t know about the allegations in the lawsuit, but I’ve lost respect for him after seeing he ate at The Olive Garden, Waffle House, On the Border, and Cracker Barrel!
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #89 on: November 02, 2016, 04:14:15 pm »

I don’t know about the allegations in the lawsuit, but I’ve lost respect for him after seeing he ate at The Olive Garden, Waffle House, On the Border, and Cracker Barrel!

Lol in a funny way....!

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org