A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 01:02:48 pm
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Make your predictions on the 2016 Presidential election - summer contest  (Read 9921 times)
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« on: July 27, 2016, 10:08:10 am »

It is fifteen weeks out today and your job is to predict the winner of the final popular vote and by what percentage rounded to the tenth of a point. Please also predict the second place finisher and their percentage of the vote. Finally, guess the percentage of the remaining candidates.

For example, in 2012, Obama won with 51.1 %, Romney was second with 47.2% and others were 1.7%

The winner will be determined by the closest to the election winner candidate guess with their second pick as a tie-breaker. A third tie-breaker would be the person who posted first.

This contest will close for entries on August 31st of 2016 at midnight. I will then start another contest for the fall guesses.

The winner will get a 6-pack of locally produced beer, a locally produced pizza, and a dessert from a local bakery. If any of you posters would like to donate products or services for the next contest, send me a private message. There is no obligation to defend your guesses and it in no way implies your own personal political views. This is for prizes. It is a bizness thang.

Please attempt to limit comments on other posters predictions. There are many other threads that anyone can start to convince us of your truth and I have found Facebook to be equally ineffective at changing opinions.

Power is nothing till you use it.
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2016, 10:09:24 am »

I predict:

Clinton 51.1%
Trump 46.1%
others 2.8%

AquaMan
City Father

Just Cruz'n

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2016, 10:16:48 am »

Clinton 52.4%
Trump 41.2%
Others 6.3%

*hanging chads, fell on floor under machine, voted twice, power surge corrupted vote, cheaters-.01%

onward...through the fog
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2016, 12:22:28 pm »

Clinton 47.3
Trump 46.1
Others 6.6

I’m going to borrow FiveThirtyEight’s prediction of Trump winning the Electoral College 270-268.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
davideinstein
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2016, 04:02:45 pm »

Hillary 58%
Trump 37%
Other 5%
« Last Edit: August 17, 2016, 02:05:26 pm by davideinstein » Logged
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2016, 07:07:30 pm »

Popular Vote:
Clinton 52%
Trump 44%
Others 4%

Electoral College:
Clinton 357
Trump 181

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2016, 08:40:13 pm »

Why the 0.1%?  That takes too much thinking!!

Guess I am gonna have to post a 'flyer' here.  Don't really expect these numbers, but hey, what the heck....  I don't really have this much faith in my fellow Americans.

Clinton  63%
Trump   34%
Others  3%

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Ed W
City Father

« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2016, 07:51:44 am »

I'll go big too.

Clinton 57%
Trump 41%
Third parties 2%

Five Thirty Eight has been showing a tightening race over the last month, but I'm expecting Trump will trip over his...um...tiny hands a few more times before the election.

Ed

May you live in interesting times.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2016, 01:31:01 pm »

I'll go big too.

Clinton 57%
Trump 41%
Third parties 2%

Five Thirty Eight has been showing a tightening race over the last month, but I'm expecting Trump will trip over his...um...tiny hands a few more times before the election.

Hey!  You trying to take my beer and pizza??

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Ed W
City Father

« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2016, 03:40:47 pm »

Hey!  You trying to take my beer and pizza??

I only rarely have beer or pizza, so if I win I'll donate it to whoever is in second place and I'll have a salad instead. And I'll salivate heavily ala Pavlov's puppy.

Seriously, you're far more optimistic than me. I don't think anyone has received 55% of the popular vote - ever - but I didn't check so I could be mistaken.

Ed

May you live in interesting times.
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2016, 03:55:15 pm »

A week or so after the Democratic convention will be the first real reliable poll. The next important poll will be the week after the first debate, which I expect to be a pretty epic disaster. The Trumpster was pretty terrible in the Republican primary debates but he could hide for long periods of time with so many others on stage with him. Plus the fact that Trump doesn't handle being confronted by women well.

I kinda expect there to only be one debate.
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2016, 07:03:42 pm »

I kinda expect there to only be one debate.

I don't want to see Hillary versus Donald or even the Veep candidates. I want a debate between Melania and Chelsea.

cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2016, 07:14:01 am »

You want a prediction about the race.. I’ll give you a prediction: It’s gonna be cold, it’s gonna be grey, and it’s gonna last you for the rest of your life.

But by the numbers:

The Clinton: 53%
The Donald: 49%
The Johnson: 8%

Bonus out on a limb prediction: at least 1 Oklahoma County does not go Trump.

« Last Edit: July 29, 2016, 10:41:30 am by cannon_fodder » Logged

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
Tulsa Zephyr
Activist

« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2016, 08:53:47 am »

Clinton = 51.2%
Trump  = 42.6%
Other   =  6.2%

"My ambition is handicapped by laziness."  Charles Bukowski
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #14 on: July 29, 2016, 12:05:12 pm »

I'm voting on more people being disenfranchised:

Clinton: 45%
Trump: 43%
Johnson, etc: 12%
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org