A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:06:30 pm
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Which political party is winning?  (Read 12530 times)
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #15 on: July 28, 2016, 01:49:56 pm »

A little on topic but deviating...regarding LBJ and the Dixiecrats, HBO's "All The Way" was an excellent docudrama.  Bryan Cranston nailed LBJ, mannerisms and all.  And he wasn't over the top I think.  It got him an Emmy nod.

OK, merging the thread back on topic... Smiley

I didn't see it, but I would bet that not only was he not over the top, but he had to rein it in!

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #16 on: July 28, 2016, 02:54:59 pm »

A little on topic but deviating...regarding LBJ and the Dixiecrats, HBO's "All The Way" was an excellent docudrama.  Bryan Cranston nailed LBJ, mannerisms and all.  And he wasn't over the top I think.  It got him an Emmy nod.

OK, merging the thread back on topic... Smiley

+1.  Best flick I’ve seen this year.  Almost haunting how well he played LBJ.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #17 on: July 28, 2016, 03:29:20 pm »

+1.  Best flick I’ve seen this year.  Almost haunting how well he played LBJ.

Too bad they miscast Dr. King.  I like Anthony Mackie, but I kept seeing Falcon every time he was on screen...

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #18 on: July 28, 2016, 04:38:57 pm »

If one gets a chance to listen to some of his recordings from time in the Oval Office, you can get a little sense of how he operated.  Very smooth.  Very rough.  Very blunt.  Brutal at times.  And VERY effective!

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #19 on: July 28, 2016, 05:26:56 pm »

If one gets a chance to listen to some of his recordings from time in the Oval Office, you can get a little sense of how he operated.  Very smooth.  Very rough.  Very blunt.  Brutal at times.  And VERY effective!

Near the beginning of the movie, they actually worked in this riff only it was portrayed as having a tailor fitting him in the Oval Office.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nR_myjOr0OU

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #20 on: July 28, 2016, 07:02:17 pm »

I must say that I am never disappointed in the ability of posters on TulsaNow to stray away from the topic.

Power is nothing till you use it.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #21 on: July 29, 2016, 09:38:34 am »

I must say that I am never disappointed in the ability of posters on TulsaNow to stray away from the topic.

It's an interesting small detour into what was a very definitive turning point in our history.  Shows how people that really don't necessarily WANT to be involved in a war can get sucked in at these inflection points in spite of.

Not the pants, but the LBJ era deeply affected our Dem/Rep relationships for a long time.   LBJ expressed great frustration that the dam war was taking both attention and resources away from what he really wanted to do and be remembered for.

Edit;

First 18 seconds of this shows how far we have come as a country.  Not advanced, just come....   And further on, the song references a father who was a tailor man... Maybe LBJ's tailor..!!

« Last Edit: July 29, 2016, 10:07:43 am by heironymouspasparagus » Logged

AquaMan
City Father

Just Cruz'n

« Reply #22 on: August 04, 2016, 09:19:34 am »

Incredible! Silver is showing Clinton ahead on all three polls.

Polls Only- Clinton 77.7%.....Trump 22.3%
     Polls Plus-             72.6%....           27.4%
     Now Cast-             91.6%....           8.4%

Of course these are popular vote polls. The electoral vote follows it though. Of most interest is Colorado, Iowa and Ohio all appear bluish.

If the election were held today, this is a 364 to 173 electoral beat down. At best a 310 to 227 beat down.

The Big 12 is still red, SEC is pink and red with Wyoming, Oklahoma and Alabama in the lead.

onward...through the fog
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

« Reply #23 on: August 04, 2016, 09:26:20 am »

Incredible! Silver is showing Clinton ahead on all three polls.

Polls Only- Clinton 77.7%.....Trump 22.3%
     Polls Plus-             72.6%....           27.4%
     Now Cast-             91.6%....           8.4%

Of course these are popular vote polls. The electoral vote follows it though. Of most interest is Colorado, Iowa and Ohio all appear bluish.

If the election were held today, this is a 364 to 173 electoral beat down. At best a 310 to 227 beat down.

The Big 12 is still red, SEC is pink and red with Wyoming, Oklahoma and Alabama in the lead.

I've been reading that new swing states could include Utah and Georgia.  Utah!  pancakes?  Georgia?  Wow.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

AquaMan
City Father

Just Cruz'n

« Reply #24 on: August 04, 2016, 09:38:40 am »

I should note that these polls represent their chances of winning. The polls themselves for each state vary. For instance she has an 80% chance of winning Colorado but the margin will be around plus 6.8%.

onward...through the fog
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #25 on: August 04, 2016, 11:56:41 am »

I should note that these polls represent their chances of winning. The polls themselves for each state vary. For instance she has an 80% chance of winning Colorado but the margin will be around plus 6.8%.

It's all BS until the voting is done.  Nixon thought he had Cook County over Kennedy until all the dead votes were tallied.

Not "Deadheads" - actual dead people...

Ed W
City Father

« Reply #26 on: August 04, 2016, 06:17:11 pm »

Actually, Nate Silver and 538 have been remarkably accurate at predictions. He covers the methodology at length. It's riveting stuff for statistics wonks.

Ed

May you live in interesting times.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

« Reply #27 on: August 04, 2016, 06:23:01 pm »

Actually, Nate Silver and 538 have been remarkably accurate at predictions. He covers the methodology at length. It's riveting stuff for statistics wonks.

Expect him to be a target of ol' Cheeto Dust soon...

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #28 on: August 04, 2016, 10:36:38 pm »

Yep, just a Hilarity co-conspirator, according to Drumpf.

Ed W
City Father

« Reply #29 on: August 05, 2016, 08:23:37 am »

He's already claiming the polls are biased against him. Yet when he was dominating the Republican contenders in the primaries and the polls reflected this, he happily pointed that out.

Ed

May you live in interesting times.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org