A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 08:19:53 am
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kumbaya @ the DNC  (Read 14243 times)
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #30 on: July 28, 2016, 01:09:20 pm »

Are any of you as tired of the "it's the greatest ever" mentality of our media? and society for that matter? Are our memories that short. Greatest football game ever this week (the previous greatest was last week).

Obama says Clinton is the most qualified person every to run. He's not alone in this sentiment but I will say that I do not recall hearing that once on this board (except maybe from Davideinstein  Grin)

Apparently all these guys below were missing was estrogen from what I can tell. It just gets old.

That one - yes!  Sick and tired of it.

Also, when anyone says, "...so this never happens again...."    Anyone more than about 2 years old should know that it always happens again!

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
AquaMan
City Father

Just Cruz'n

« Reply #31 on: July 28, 2016, 02:04:54 pm »

Here’s a good read on Trump's narcissism, comparing and contrasting to Obama’s brand of it.   Grin

https://drhurd.com/2015/11/29/is-trump-a-narcissist-what-about-obama/

I never know if you're serious. That guy really mixes his politics with his work. He was okay till he did the very thing he admonished others not to do-diagnose a public figure without ever meeting them. Now, just another hypocrite. One thing for some guy in Podunk Tulsa on a forum to make an observation of a public figure. Quite another for a Phd in Psychothapy and another in Philosophy to show his donkey on his own website.  Even then he did it so poorly it was laughable. Apparently all progressives are narcissists in his book. And I assume he sells a lot of them!
« Last Edit: July 28, 2016, 02:07:59 pm by AquaMan » Logged

onward...through the fog
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #32 on: July 28, 2016, 02:46:05 pm »

Are any of you as tired of the "it's the greatest ever" mentality of our media? and society for that matter? Are our memories that short. Greatest football game ever this week (the previous greatest was last week).

Obama says Clinton is the most qualified person every to run. He's not alone in this sentiment but I will say that I do not recall hearing that once on this board (except maybe from Davideinstein  Grin)

Apparently all these guys below were missing was estrogen from what I can tell. It just gets old.

Bunch of angry white men clinging to religion and muskets.  Each probably owned a fleet of colored people as well.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #33 on: July 28, 2016, 03:22:52 pm »

Bunch of angry white men clinging to religion and muskets.  Each probably owned a fleet of colored people as well.

I found it telling that so many Conservative pundits were tweeting praise to this 'divisive' President's message last night.

Like this one:

https://twitter.com/EWErickson/status/758514549339414528

And this one:

https://twitter.com/EWErickson/status/758510075925368834

It's not just Erickson.

http://www.attn.com/stories/10276/republicans-praise-obamas-dnc-speech?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=direct-share&utm_campaign=shares

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #34 on: July 28, 2016, 03:40:19 pm »

I was torn as to whether to create a new topic, or keep it in this one since some of the reporting is based at the conventions.

I find it ironic that it would seem that the (apparent) death of the old GOP seems to be aligning itself with the (apparent) demise of Fox News as we know/remember it.  Evidently much internal strife going on there.  If one of the Murdoch sons gets hold of it, I suspect a lot of change might be afoot.  Right now however Pops has taken over.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/07/28/business/media/after-ailess-departure-a-stony-silence-at-fox.html

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
rebound
City Father

« Reply #35 on: July 29, 2016, 11:13:46 am »

Was curious, so looked it up. (Sorry if I was the only one who didn't immediately recognize all the people.) Picture is of the leaders of the Continental Congress:  John Adams, Gouverneur Morris, Alexander Hamilton and Thomas Jefferson.

Of the two,  John Adams and Gouveneur Morris did not own slaves.   Gouvenour Morris by the way, does not get enough play in the history books.  Really interesting guy.   Was probably the most "liberal", by today's standards, of all our founding fathers.

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org