A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 03:15:01 am
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kumbaya @ the DNC  (Read 14195 times)
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2016, 09:18:34 am »

I love it!  Bill Clinton was characterized as serving as a “character witness” for Hillary in the Tulsa World story this morning.

Because we know Bubba knows all about good character when he sees it!

He could recognize it without having it....

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
erfalf
City Father

« Reply #16 on: July 28, 2016, 05:42:12 am »

Has the whole issue of in kind donation not been discussed as it relates to "DNC emailgate" or whatever we are calling it?

Is this not a potential violation of the current (woeful) campaign finance laws? Not that anything will happen. They're too busy looking for the Russians hackers who are apparently so stupid they couldn't mask their own identity, yet were able to gain access to all these secure servers.

"Trust but Verify." - The Gipper
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #17 on: July 28, 2016, 06:14:50 am »

Has the whole issue of in kind donation not been discussed as it relates to "DNC emailgate" or whatever we are calling it?

Is this not a potential violation of the current (woeful) campaign finance laws? Not that anything will happen. They're too busy looking for the Russians hackers who are apparently so stupid they couldn't mask their own identity, yet were able to gain access to all these secure servers.

So how about the Donald soliciting donations from overseas which is a direct violation of campaign finance law?  That's pretty convenient to forget about.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
erfalf
City Father

« Reply #18 on: July 28, 2016, 06:57:37 am »

So how about the Donald soliciting donations from overseas which is a direct violation of campaign finance law?  That's pretty convenient to forget about.

So I'm guessing that is a yes then. "Since Trump did" should be a phenomenal defense.

Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

« Reply #19 on: July 28, 2016, 07:24:02 am »

So I'm guessing that is a yes then. "Since Trump did" should be a phenomenal defense.

Pretty much modus operandi for Trump defenders is to pivot to Hillary.  So why not?  The Cheeto Jesus has nothing substantive to provide except "Crooked Hillary".  This is gonna be a fun election season leading up.  May have to put Trump on suicide watch.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

erfalf
City Father

« Reply #20 on: July 28, 2016, 07:30:35 am »

Pretty much modus operandi for Trump defenders is to pivot to Hillary.  So why not?  The Cheeto Jesus has nothing substantive to provide except "Crooked Hillary".  This is gonna be a fun election season leading up.  May have to put Trump on suicide watch.

Self reflect much.

AquaMan
City Father

Just Cruz'n

« Reply #21 on: July 28, 2016, 08:20:23 am »

Actually, that's pretty insightful. Narcissists cannot fathom that they may be suffering from delusions. It isn't in their make-up. They will explode, lash out and blame others rather than consider themselves as flawed in some way. Even when faced with overwhelming failure.

onward...through the fog
Ed W
City Father

« Reply #22 on: July 28, 2016, 08:43:44 am »

Actually, that's pretty insightful. Narcissists cannot fathom that they may be suffering from delusions. It isn't in their make-up. They will explode, lash out and blame others rather than consider themselves as flawed in some way. Even when faced with overwhelming failure.

So what should we expect if/when Trump loses? I'd think there will be the usual accusations of election fraud as well as institutional bias against him from within the Republican party. And the party faithful will complain that he wasn't a true conservative.

It'll be worse if he wins.

Ed

May you live in interesting times.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #23 on: July 28, 2016, 08:54:44 am »

Here’s a good read on Trump's narcissism, comparing and contrasting to Obama’s brand of it.   Grin

https://drhurd.com/2015/11/29/is-trump-a-narcissist-what-about-obama/

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
erfalf
City Father

« Reply #24 on: July 28, 2016, 09:11:32 am »

Here’s a good read on Trump's narcissism, comparing and contrasting to Obama’s brand of it.   Grin

https://drhurd.com/2015/11/29/is-trump-a-narcissist-what-about-obama/

Is Dr. Hurd wrong, or was I detecting the divisiveness that I was discussing earlier? They are all that one. How else does one distinguish themselves from the other sub-standard candidate?

Look, Obama may very well NOT be the most divisive, but to argue that he is not at all is dishonest. He does the same thing Trump does. He has opponents with different views, and he characterizes them by calling them un-American, pushing grandma over the cliff, or economic terrorists...

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #25 on: July 28, 2016, 11:09:52 am »

Is Dr. Hurd wrong, or was I detecting the divisiveness that I was discussing earlier? They are all that one. How else does one distinguish themselves from the other sub-standard candidate?

Look, Obama may very well NOT be the most divisive, but to argue that he is not at all is dishonest. He does the same thing Trump does. He has opponents with different views, and he characterizes them by calling them un-American, pushing grandma over the cliff, or economic terrorists...

And people with differing views are “deniers”, “mouth breathers”, “racist”, etc.

I am quite certain any policy of Obama’s I have disagreed with has had zilch to do with the color of his skin much like my opinion of Sleepy Ben not being cut out to be POTUS had nothing to do with his skin color either.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #26 on: July 28, 2016, 12:16:56 pm »

I'm thinking the DNC is winning over the RNC due to the stars.

The RNC was like an updated version of battle of the network stars...but really really sad.  Duck Dynasty guy and Charles in Charge.

The DNC has Oscar Winners and other up-to-date entertainers. 

Yup...this shouldn't matter worth a crap...but it does to many voters.  "My favorite TV star likes Clinton!  That must be the right way to go."

Anyway...Trump was a TV star.  Adam Sandler is a republican...
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

« Reply #27 on: July 28, 2016, 12:23:36 pm »

....Adam Sandler is a republican...

And you see where his career went when he made that public.

Am I saying that's right?  Nope.  But it's reality.  It cracks me up to hear my conservative friends and family complain about Hollywood/Movie/TV Stars are so liberal.

You ever wonder why?

erfalf
City Father

« Reply #28 on: July 28, 2016, 12:51:31 pm »

And you see where his career went when he made that public.

Am I saying that's right?  Nope.  But it's reality.  It cracks me up to hear my conservative friends and family complain about Hollywood/Movie/TV Stars are so liberal.

You ever wonder why?

I've said the same thing. It's no coincidence that all the "celebs" at the republican convention were either past their prime or in their twilight. If there is a group of people more thin skinned than politicians, its those in Hollywood.

erfalf
City Father

« Reply #29 on: July 28, 2016, 01:04:21 pm »

Are any of you as tired of the "it's the greatest ever" mentality of our media? and society for that matter? Are our memories that short. Greatest football game ever this week (the previous greatest was last week).

Obama says Clinton is the most qualified person every to run. He's not alone in this sentiment but I will say that I do not recall hearing that once on this board (except maybe from Davideinstein  Grin)

Apparently all these guys below were missing was estrogen from what I can tell. It just gets old.

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org