A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:51:56 am
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kumbaya @ the DNC  (Read 14196 times)
erfalf
City Father

« on: July 25, 2016, 05:39:55 am »

So the thing hasn't even started yet and the head of the DNC Debbie Wasserman Schultz being fired/resigning over allegations that the party favored Clinton over Sanders (duh). Will be interesting to see if those that were feeling the Bern will in the end show up for this election, or just stay home.

Will be interested to see polls post DNC. And how they are "explained" once in.

"Trust but Verify." - The Gipper
AquaMan
City Father

Just Cruz'n

« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2016, 07:20:21 am »

Polls don't mean anything until September. Lots of time for Trump and friends to explain how Russian hackers shared DNC emails with them.

onward...through the fog
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2016, 08:01:16 am »

Basically, the emails (selectively released from what appears to be Russian hackers) seem to indicate many within the DNC wanted Hillary over the Bern. Or, to put it another way, they wanted the established life-long DNC party member over the Independent to run their little club. I'm shocked, SHOCKED I tell you!

The Bern did well. He got attention to his issues and changed the party platform. While I'd prefer him over Hillary, the party royalty didn't by a margin of 3:1 and the party voters didn't by ~15 points. I don't think party shenanigans had too much to do with it, seems he got his message out just fine.

That said - stupid behavior results in stupid outcomes. If DNC staffers played referee unfairly, suffer the consequences.

Another interesting angle, both the Russians and Julian Assange want Trump to win (one to lesson American influence, one because Hillary supported his extradition to Sweden on rape charges [in order to shut down leaks of US documents] when she ran the State Department) - both have a proven ability to get into system they aren't supposed to be in, and the willingness to release the information. I assume if there is laundry that can be hung out to dry, it will come out.

Gonna be an ugly election. Can we call a mulligan?

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2016, 09:24:32 am »

Ugly also equates to interesting.   

And in this case, high risk...sadly it's a "head's they win, tails we lose" proposition no matter what.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Breadburner
City Father

« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2016, 04:56:43 pm »

Breadburner
City Father

« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2016, 04:57:59 pm »

Basically, the emails (selectively released from what appears to be Russian hackers) seem to indicate many within the DNC wanted Hillary over the Bern. Or, to put it another way, they wanted the established life-long DNC party member over the Independent to run their little club. I'm shocked, SHOCKED I tell you!

The Bern did well. He got attention to his issues and changed the party platform. While I'd prefer him over Hillary, the party royalty didn't by a margin of 3:1 and the party voters didn't by ~15 points. I don't think party shenanigans had too much to do with it, seems he got his message out just fine.

That said - stupid behavior results in stupid outcomes. If DNC staffers played referee unfairly, suffer the consequences.

Another interesting angle, both the Russians and Julian Assange want Trump to win (one to lesson American influence, one because Hillary supported his extradition to Sweden on rape charges [in order to shut down leaks of US documents] when she ran the State Department) - both have a proven ability to get into system they aren't supposed to be in, and the willingness to release the information. I assume if there is laundry that can be hung out to dry, it will come out.

Lol...You sound like the deflecting DNC'rs....

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2016, 09:13:29 am »

Story this morning was saying that all the emails originated after the voting was done....Hillary already had the numbers she needed.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
AquaMan
City Father

Just Cruz'n

« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2016, 09:33:32 am »

What was your source? I also read on a Facebook group that all of the e-mails in question were in response to perceived negative attacks from the Sanders camp. Nonetheless, there is no indication that anyone acted on their comments/feelings. Unfortunately in politics perception is reality.

The content isn't really the story. Russia's intervention and Trumps failure to release taxes that might show fiscal involvement with Russia are the real story.

onward...through the fog
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2016, 01:39:55 pm »

What was your source? I also read on a Facebook group that all of the e-mails in question were in response to perceived negative attacks from the Sanders camp. Nonetheless, there is no indication that anyone acted on their comments/feelings. Unfortunately in politics perception is reality.

The content isn't really the story. Russia's intervention and Trumps failure to release taxes that might show fiscal involvement with Russia are the real story.

I think I was listening to NPR....but may have been on tv before going to work - that would have been Faux News, but doesn't sound like them to report something like that.

I don't care about emails - either DNC 20,000 or Hillary's several hundred.  If we aren't gonna even blink an eye at Baby Bush and Karl Rove using a private email server in the White House.  As President.  Deleting 22 million emails.   The rational, sane, perspective thought is that none of the rest of them mean anything.

« Last Edit: July 26, 2016, 01:42:07 pm by heironymouspasparagus » Logged

swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2016, 03:04:26 pm »

I think I was listening to NPR....but may have been on tv before going to work - that would have been Faux News, but doesn't sound like them to report something like that.

I don't care about emails - either DNC 20,000 or Hillary's several hundred.  If we aren't gonna even blink an eye at Baby Bush and Karl Rove using a private email server in the White House.  As President.  Deleting 22 million emails.   The rational, sane, perspective thought is that none of the rest of them mean anything.

The emails were from April and May, after the race was out of reach. The worst email was in the aftermath of the Nevada Democratic Convention and the riot by the Bernie Bros, who were actually trying to subvert the will of the people that had voted weeks earlier in the Nevada Caucus.

You trash a group of people (the DNC) over and over for a year and then your people riot when they don't get their way, you might just see some backlash.

Bernie has never been held accountable for his actions.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2016, 03:07:13 pm by swake » Logged
Breadburner
City Father

« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2016, 03:50:21 pm »

Is the "Taco Bowl" happening inside or outside the 4 mile fence around the DNC.....

swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2016, 05:11:34 pm »

Is the "Taco Bowl" happening inside or outside the 4 mile fence around the DNC.....

That email was mocking Trump's stupid Taco Bowl comment on Cinco de Mayo, the racist in this exchange still is Trump.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2016, 08:41:55 pm »

Bernie has never been held accountable for his actions.

That's funny....!!!

Breadburner
City Father

« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2016, 06:12:14 am »

#Demexit....

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2016, 08:45:04 am »

I love it!  Bill Clinton was characterized as serving as a “character witness” for Hillary in the Tulsa World story this morning.

Because we know Bubba knows all about good character when he sees it!

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org