A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:03:43 am
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Tulsa Police "War"  (Read 95683 times)
Ibanez
City Father

« Reply #135 on: March 22, 2017, 01:29:32 pm »

-- sidestepping the fact that she "presented" a firearm.  Not pointed, brandished, or even fired, before TPD opened up with a volley.

I'm sure she just wanted some advice from the officers on how to properly clean and oil the handgun.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #136 on: March 23, 2017, 09:02:39 am »

Grafton then ran her over.

Belt AND suspenders!

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
TeeDub
« Reply #137 on: March 24, 2017, 06:56:05 am »

I knew the penalty for having a firearm in a "firearm free" school zone was harsh, but man....   Who would have thought they would bring down the hammer at 45 mph?

Oh.   And if you pull a gun on cops, you should expect to die.
Vashta Nerada
Philanthropist

« Reply #138 on: March 27, 2017, 07:07:49 pm »

I'm sure she just wanted some advice from the officers on how to properly clean and oil the handgun.

So its curious why the police spokesman chose to describe it that way.
Vashta Nerada
Philanthropist

« Reply #139 on: April 18, 2017, 06:27:51 pm »

Good news:  Soon your family may be able to sue other taxpayers
 if police hold back EMSA or medical aid while you bleed out.

Vashta Nerada
Philanthropist

« Reply #140 on: April 30, 2017, 06:17:00 pm »

“It devalues people when you minimize the importance of their stories,” Lopez said. “You can call them anecdotes, but, for example in the Ferguson case ― when we have an officer writing down in his own report that after he went out and arrested a woman who’d called in on a domestic violence call, and he arrested her for an occupancy permit violation, and she says ‘I’ll never call the police again , even if I’m being killed’ ― that many be an anecdote, but that’s an important story to tell.”
Vashta Nerada
Philanthropist

« Reply #141 on: May 15, 2017, 09:36:28 pm »

Cato Institute: As long as the question is whether the cops can piece together vague excuses to justify their fear as being objectively reasonable, particularly in light of the great deference paid the police by the courts and public, there will be no incentive to not kill when the opportunity presents itself...
They will shoot first, shoot prematurely. They will shoot not because of an actual threat, but because of the fear of a potential threat, a huge step removed. Yet, the ability to craft a viable excuse for fear is all that’s required as a matter of law to protect the cop from culpability for his kill.

https://blog.simplejustice.us/2016/07/30/the-legal-standard-that-must-not-be-named/

guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #142 on: May 16, 2017, 12:11:01 am »

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
Vashta Nerada
Philanthropist

« Reply #143 on: May 16, 2017, 06:48:15 pm »

FBI data showing drop in police deaths undermines 'war on cops' theory

FBI Confirms 2015 Was One Of The Safest Years Ever For Cops

There is no 'War on Cops'—In fact, it's never been safer to be one

It’s safer than ever to be a cop, so why are they killing more people than ever before?

Trump order won’t make cops safer, but might make it a felony to yell at them

But hey, lets pander to powerful unions ans special interest groups that peddle alternate facts.
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #144 on: May 16, 2017, 10:56:26 pm »

I am looking at more recent facts...

(CNN)At least 64 law enforcement officers have been shot and killed this year, the most in five years, according to the National Law Enforcement Officers Memorial Fund.
The 2016 shootings have spanned the nation, from California to Massachusetts.
They've exceeded the annual average of police shooting deaths over the past 10 years, 53. And this year's total is higher than the number of firearms-related police deaths in 2015. According to the fund, firearms were responsible for 41 of 123 officer fatalities in 2015, one of the safest years for officers on record.

The decade's highest total came in 2011, with 73 officers shot dead.
This year's shooting deaths include an officer on her first day on the job and a sheriff's corporal who was about to retire.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/08/14/us/police-officers-fatal-shooting-line-duty-nationwide/

Death by gunfire was, once again, the leading cause of death for officers who were killed on duty. A total of 64 officers were killed by gunfire – up from 39 in 2015, according to statistics obtained by Breitbart Texas from the Officer Down Memorial Page (ODMP). This represents an increase of over 60 percent over the prior year.

“The 61 percent increase in law enforcement officers shot and killed in 2016 versus 2015 and a 53 percent overall increase in officers murdered in the performance of duty are deeply troubling statistics,” ODMP Director of Research Steven Weiss told Breitbart Texas. “Included in that statistic is a disturbing increase in officers killed in ‘ambush-style’ murders, such as the incidents in Dallas and Des Moines.”

http://www.breitbart.com/texas/2017/01/01/2016-closes-140-cops-killed-line-duty/

So F off.

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #145 on: May 17, 2017, 08:42:36 am »

Try and pass this crap off on Mason Moore’s wife & three children, I’m sure they are thinking about what a safe occupation this is and how Moore probably had it coming to him.  He was a life-long buddy of one of our new friends out here in Cimarron.  My wife and I knew there was something terribly wrong with Byron when he showed up for our Weds. breakfast meeting this morning.

Also note people that the links cited by Vashta are from Daily Koz, HuffPo, Think Progress, and The Guardian.  The piece from the Red Dirt Report is an op-ed with questionable conclusions.

Not every cop gets it right and certainly not every shooting by a cop is justified, but what is with the left’s mission to marginalize those who literally are willing to take a bullet for someone else?

http://www.bozemandailychronicle.com/news/crime/deputy-shot-and-killed-near-three-forks-father-and-son/article_ed3f7f9e-7b33-562c-bcc2-cffce03182dd.html

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #146 on: May 17, 2017, 01:50:52 pm »

...but what is with the left’s mission to marginalize those who literally are willing to take a bullet for someone else?

This POS would be the first person to call a cop if he was faced with any problem--then of course complain about it.

Vashta Nerada
Philanthropist

« Reply #147 on: May 18, 2017, 06:37:02 pm »

Try and pass this crap off on Mason Moore’s wife & three children, I’m sure they are thinking about what a safe occupation this is and how Moore probably had it coming to him.  He was a life-long buddy of one of our new friends out here in Cimarron.  My wife and I knew there was something terribly wrong with Byron when he showed up for our Weds. breakfast meeting this morning.

Also note people that the links cited by Vashta are from Daily Koz, HuffPo, Think Progress, and The Guardian.  The piece from the Red Dirt Report is an op-ed with questionable conclusions.

Not every cop gets it right and certainly not every shooting by a cop is justified, but what is with the left’s mission to marginalize those who literally are willing to take a bullet for someone else?

http://www.bozemandailychronicle.com/news/crime/deputy-shot-and-killed-near-three-forks-father-and-son/article_ed3f7f9e-7b33-562c-bcc2-cffce03182dd.html

I am sorry you lost a friend, and I can see why your response is such an emotional one.

"He had it coming" or "he caused his own death" are common rationalizations in almost every homicide committed by police, but nowhere in those articles did I see anything remotely similar to your claim with regard to homicides of police.

Those numbers come from the FBI.  If you dispute them, that's the direction you should be shaking your finger.
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #148 on: June 03, 2018, 01:33:12 pm »

Officer fired after intentionally hitting fleeing suspect with his police car - ABC News
http://abc7.com/officer-fired-after-patrol-car-hits-fleeing-suspect/3556082/

Different community standards between Georgia and Oklahoma I would guess.

A woman wanted for a string of crimes was killed Saturday afternoon when an officer intentionally ran over her in south Tulsa after a vehicular chase.
Dickson presented a handgun, Ashley said, which was when at least two officers shot at her.
Officers roped off the scene in the 8900 block of South Harvard Avenue outside of Jenks East Elementary School.

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
Breadburner
City Father

« Reply #149 on: June 03, 2018, 06:45:31 pm »

Officer fired after intentionally hitting fleeing suspect with his police car - ABC News
http://abc7.com/officer-fired-after-patrol-car-hits-fleeing-suspect/3556082/

Different community standards between Georgia and Oklahoma I would guess.

He actually hit a speed hump....

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org