A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 05:30:27 am
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 11   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Tulsa Police "War"  (Read 95744 times)
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #90 on: November 10, 2016, 11:48:55 am »

I speak to guido911 every day on Facebook. I actually look forward to his posts. Shaking my head gives me exercise.

Power is nothing till you use it.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #91 on: November 10, 2016, 12:04:04 pm »

I speak to guido911 every day on Facebook. I actually look forward to his posts. Shaking my head gives me exercise.

I don't know his facebook name so won't be able to follow him, but good to know he is still active.  Even if still a little delusional...!   Sorry...had to!!

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #92 on: November 10, 2016, 06:52:29 pm »

Nodding in agreement as much as you do will have that effect.

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #93 on: November 11, 2016, 11:25:41 am »

Anyone remember what happened to the cop who shot his daughters boyfriend to death?

Tulsa Whirled:  The jury found Kepler guilty of two misdemeanor firearm charges and recommended the maximum 6-month sentence for each count.
http://www.tulsaworld.com/homepagelatest/deadlocked-jury-forces-mistrial-in-murder-trial-of-former-tulsa/article_42da6e59-1e76-5edf-a861-41f27c69e657.html

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
Ed W
City Father

« Reply #94 on: November 11, 2016, 12:21:50 pm »

Tulsa Whirled:  The jury found Kepler guilty of two misdemeanor firearm charges and recommended the maximum 6-month sentence for each count.
http://www.tulsaworld.com/homepagelatest/deadlocked-jury-forces-mistrial-in-murder-trial-of-former-tulsa/article_42da6e59-1e76-5edf-a861-41f27c69e657.html

Meanwhile, a black guy who molested several boys gets a sentencing recommendation of 235 years. White guy kills someone and may do one year at most. This makes no sense at all.

Ed

May you live in interesting times.
erfalf
City Father

« Reply #95 on: November 11, 2016, 01:02:36 pm »

Did this not end in a hung jury?

It's not over. Am I right?

Although criticism is fair. It seems hard to fathom that a murder conviction couldn't be reached on a case that appeared (from a decided outsider) to be pretty cut and dry. Didn't this take place at Lake's house? Is there some evidence outside of Kepler's testimony that would make this not certain in the jury's eyes. Was the daughter completely unbelievable?

"Trust but Verify." - The Gipper
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #96 on: November 11, 2016, 01:46:49 pm »

Sounds like they had one juror who could not be swayed.  What a brilliant defense:

“He pulled a gun on me.”

“There was no gun.”

“Well, he reached for his waistband and my training just took over.”

Unreal.

This is one instance where I’m willing to dump on the cop.  There is no way this was accidental or self-defense.  The guy is a cop he knew better.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #97 on: November 11, 2016, 02:18:04 pm »

Sounds like they had one juror who could not be swayed.  What a brilliant defense:

“He pulled a gun on me.”

“There was no gun.”

“Well, he reached for his waistband and my training just took over.”

Unreal.

This is one instance where I’m willing to dump on the cop.  There is no way this was accidental or self-defense.  The guy is a cop he knew better.

He supposedly also was drunk, but got that suppressed from the jury somehow.
Vashta Nerada
Philanthropist

« Reply #98 on: November 12, 2016, 04:24:57 pm »

I don't know his facebook name so won't be able to follow him, but good to know he is still active.  Even if still a little delusional...!   Sorry...had to!!

The cops that used to post here were told to stop with the SID corruption scandal, but they still lurk in the Shadows.
Vashta Nerada
Philanthropist

« Reply #99 on: November 12, 2016, 04:30:25 pm »

He supposedly also was drunk, but got that suppressed from the jury somehow.

Kepler: "You watch the hands. When he started making that movement, he’s reaching for something. That got my attention.”

No gun was discovered in Lake’s possession or at the scene.

Kepler also testified that he shot wildly in the heat of the moment and under stress.
“I don’t have time to stop and aim,” Kepler said. “I probably shot a little early. When someone’s coming at you with a gun, I don’t necessarily have time to stop and aim.”

http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/courts/shannon-kepler-testifies-he-saw-daughter-s-boyfriend-with-gun/article_970aa86f-8149-59f9-9b97-b2d9726c372e.html

Kepler also said he freaked out when neighbors began emerging from nearby homes after the initial shots, and may have shot at them "in fear of his life" in addition to shooting at his daughter and the victims brother.  It was the later the jury found him guilty of, but chose to make it a misdemeanor instead of the felony.

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100011796570060
Ed W
City Father

« Reply #100 on: November 14, 2016, 03:40:13 pm »

Here's an interesting story overnight. It seems Kyle Linscomb thought it was a good idea to strip down to his skivvies, grab his car keys and a gun, then drive along 116th Street North at a reported 60mph over the limit. When Owasso PD tried to stop him, Linscomb started shooting at the cops. The chase continued east through Claremore, where Claremore PD, Rogers County Sheriff's department, and OHP joined the party. Linscomb abandoned his vehicle and took off on foot. He was apprehended a short time later.

Now, I ask you, who HASN'T thought about going for a drive in his boxers?

Seriously, though, this guy was arrested after putting himself, the public, and various law enforcement professionals in danger. He's lucky to be taken alive.

http://m.newson6.com/story.aspx?story=33701242&catId=112042

Ed

May you live in interesting times.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #101 on: November 14, 2016, 05:33:45 pm »

Meanwhile, a black guy who molested several boys gets a sentencing recommendation of 235 years. White guy kills someone and may do one year at most. This makes no sense at all.

How long have you lived in the United States of America??  2 weeks....?

Another "I couldn't resist" moment...

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Vashta Nerada
Philanthropist

« Reply #102 on: November 14, 2016, 07:19:29 pm »

A week of mistrials:

Jurors on Thursday watched Officer Ray Tensing tell investigators in a video that he shot Sam DuBose because he was being “dragged” by DuBose’s car and was “holding on for dear life.”
An expert in video analysis then broke down Tensing’s body camera video for the jury, millisecond by millisecond. Prosecutors said nearly every frame contradicted what Tensing told police.

That breakdown showed Tensing, who at the time was a University of Cincinnati police officer, pull out his gun and aimed it at DuBose’s head when the car wasn't moving. There was no dragging, according to the expert.

"No, he had not been (dragged),” said Grant Fredericks, a forensic video analyst from Spokane, Washington and FBI instructor.
"I was thinking, 'oh my gosh, I'm getting dragged by this guy's car, I don't want to die today,' " Tensing told investigators.

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/news/tensing/2016/11/03/what-expect-thursday-ray-tensing-murder-trial/93199114/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sDiyo9qjISg

If it sounds familiar it should.  For years it was a favorite tactic around the country to justify the use of deadly force. Tulsa saw more than its fair share of suspects being shot to death by the theatrics of officers "fearing for their lives" after being "dragged" but actually just refused to let go of the steering wheel.

http://www.tulsaworld.com/archives/officer-s-actions-defended/article_5d37ac49-cff7-557e-8919-a55cbb0fb92f.html

After killing a shoplifter in Sand Springs, Fees joined TPD and began accumulating complaints.

http://www.tulsaworld.com/archives/complaints-against-police-rise/article_92b28458-28c1-5d16-9e7c-7f8e78d9c0af.html

When he pulled a gun on a bartender while drunk, the department stopped ignoring those complaints.  He would later be identified as a gunman on the RSU campus who eventually shot himself.

http://www.tulsaworld.com/communities/claremore/news/osbi-identifies-former-tulsa-police-officer-as-rogers-state-gunman/article_56aafee1-8a59-5749-b27c-db2913be34cf.html

The only difference between this shooting and the countless others excused by Tulsa prosecutors over the years, is the presence of video.

Vashta Nerada
Philanthropist

« Reply #103 on: November 26, 2016, 04:33:46 pm »

How police view the mentally ill in Tulsa.

http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/health/oklahoma-watch-officers-attack-on-schizophrenic-man-with-knife-starts/article_4f85368e-5ba2-5575-b17d-97461dde8662.html

Officers' attack on schizophrenic man with knife starts two-year-long nightmare
During a preliminary hearing, Deputy Dorr was asked whether it makes a difference when a call comes in if the person in question is a mental-health patient. Dorr replied that it does not.

“Then what’s the purpose of the mental health … training that CLEET does?” attorneys asked.
“I don’t know. You know, he’s committed a crime; he’s standing there; he’s armed and barricaded,” Dorr replied. “It doesn’t matter to me if he’s mental health or not.”

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #104 on: November 28, 2016, 02:22:47 pm »

The cops that used to post here were told to stop with the SID corruption scandal, but they still lurk in the Shadows.

I love the Shadows!!  I try to lurk in them all the time, but mostly can't resist getting out of them to post here....

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 11   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org