A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 10:52:37 am
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: RNC - what a s**t show  (Read 83902 times)
Ed W
City Father

« Reply #195 on: November 13, 2016, 09:56:56 am »

Looks like the Dems are the real smile show they have gotten their asses kicked across the board Trump was the final nail being hammered in....... Grin Grin Grin

Not really. Clinton beat Trump in the popular vote, and although that didn't equate to victory in the Electoral College, it shows that Democratic turnout is still very good. Trump's supporters, many of them disaffected blue collar workers, are about to find out that those rust belt jobs he promised are never coming back. They've been betrayed and used. As usual, evangelicals chose political power in pursuit of their social agenda rather than adherence to their much-vaunted morals, and already we're seeing a rift developing. The only ones who will gain substantially are Wall Street types. Trump did not betray his class.

But that's not meant to imply the Democrats are blameless. They too used blue collar workers as pawns in previous elections, paying little more than lip service to union rights and workers genuine needs. They can return as Democratic voters IF the party can show concrete, demonstrable changes that support workers.

Ed

May you live in interesting times.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #196 on: November 13, 2016, 10:13:36 am »

Not really. Clinton beat Trump in the popular vote, and although that didn't equate to victory in the Electoral College, it shows that Democratic turnout is still very good. Trump's supporters, many of them disaffected blue collar workers, are about to find out that those rust belt jobs he promised are never coming back. They've been betrayed and used. As usual, evangelicals chose political power in pursuit of their social agenda rather than adherence to their much-vaunted morals, and already we're seeing a rift developing. The only ones who will gain substantially are Wall Street types. Trump did not betray his class.

But that's not meant to imply the Democrats are blameless. They too used blue collar workers as pawns in previous elections, paying little more than lip service to union rights and workers genuine needs. They can return as Democratic voters IF the party can show concrete, demonstrable changes that support workers.

Look who you're responding to Ed.  Likely in one ear/out the other.

And the Dem turnout wasn't good at all.  Not like it should have been.  It always takes an election like this for a post-mortem to be done.  Hopefully the Dems will listen to it moreso than the Republicans did last time...you know, "stop being the party of stupid" and all that?  Stop alienating minorities?  While they came out ahead this election, from all accounts they didn't do alot to help with that.

My hope, is that Trump's claim of 'being the least racist person I know' is true and his rhetoric during the campaign was just that.  I have my doubts, but am willing to give him the benefit of it (unlike Republican supporters who for the last eight years have done everything they could to delegitimize the legally elected President).

And for those who say Trump has a mandate?  He may have the two houses of Congress (although not the Senate if you consider right now it's not a filibuster-proof entity) but winning the EC and losing the PV doesn't give him a mandate.  I hope those Republicans who distanced themselves from him are just as critical of what he wants as they should be.

Time for Dems to stop being pussies.  I have a feeling that may finally happen (although I'm skeptical).  If there's one thing the Republicans are good at, it's inciting interest within the base.  The DNC needs an overhaul.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #197 on: November 14, 2016, 05:46:10 pm »

Looks like the Dems are the real smile show they have gotten their asses kicked across the board Trump was the final nail being hammered in....... Grin Grin Grin

Wasn't exactly a mandate - Trump is about a million less in popular vote than Clinton.  Probably gonna be a lot bigger difference before it's over - just not in "swing states".

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #198 on: November 14, 2016, 07:23:58 pm »

Your reputation on this site is well earned
davideinstein
« Reply #199 on: November 14, 2016, 11:33:37 pm »

Hillary is going to win by almost 2M in the popular vote. Enjoy demographic change after the 2020 census...
erfalf
City Father

« Reply #200 on: November 15, 2016, 06:21:11 am »

Hillary is going to win by almost 2M in the popular vote. Enjoy demographic change after the 2020 census...

Wait, I thought Trump was going to "take care of that".

Roll Eyes

"Trust but Verify." - The Gipper
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #201 on: December 12, 2018, 11:47:01 pm »

Sen. Inhofe reportedly bought defense stock days after pushing for Pentagon spending

https://www.thedailybeast.com/sen-james-inhofe-bought-defense-stock-days-after-pushing-for-record-pentagon-spendingthen-dumped-it-when-asked-about-it

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
BKDotCom
City Father

« Reply #202 on: December 13, 2018, 09:54:05 am »

shockedn't
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #203 on: December 14, 2018, 10:23:58 am »

shockedn't

Anti-abortion Republicans force Health and Human Services to shut down HIV research

The move follows the unsettling establishment earlier this year of a new department within HHS, the Conscience and Religious Freedom Division, that was created to handle complaints from healthcare providers who did not wish to treat transgender people or perform abortions.
“This effectively stops all of our research to discover a cure for HIV”

https://www.salon.com/2018/12/14/health-and-human-services-department-shuts-down-hiv-research_partner/

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #204 on: December 14, 2018, 12:09:20 pm »

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #205 on: December 14, 2018, 12:21:57 pm »

Turning on the news and seeing the crazy that is the executive branch is not reassuring. 
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #206 on: December 14, 2018, 03:30:39 pm »

Turning on the news and seeing the crazy that is the executive branch is not reassuring. 

I wish Trump would just shut up sometimes.

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #207 on: December 14, 2018, 08:20:18 pm »

I wish Trump would just shut up sometimes.

The real question is that when it gets there, will Trump be tried as an adult...?

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org