A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 12:35:11 pm
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: RNC - what a s**t show  (Read 83905 times)
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #180 on: August 04, 2016, 12:19:36 pm »

Boren works. We have found the intersection of our political beliefs.

Boren would be good for this.

But remember when he started to run before?   Someone took him aside and told him to "sit down and shut up".  So he came home to become OU President.... Huge loss for the country - huge gain for OU.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #181 on: August 04, 2016, 02:14:11 pm »

Saw this and agree about 10,000 %.

Today's history note. The first POW of the Vietnam era and the longest held POW in our history! Rather than disparaging these people, I cannot understand why they don't ALL qualify for the Medal of Honor !!?? Every one. Every war.

It's beyond shameful that anyone would disparage them, let alone someone who dodged the draft and then sets himself up as "qualified" to be President !! It's despicable.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Floyd_James_Thompson

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #182 on: August 04, 2016, 03:26:20 pm »

We need to remember that the current republican candidate was chosen out of a large field of the very best the GOP could bring forward.

This pretty much means that the other choices could only be worse...right?

It wasn’t a field.  It was a clown car.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #183 on: August 04, 2016, 04:36:06 pm »

^^^^This^^^^  A thousand times.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #184 on: August 05, 2016, 11:25:41 am »

Right on...a clown car full of the very best the GOP could bring forward...

Trump was chosen to lead the GOP.  That's it.  I have no idea what that says about the republican party.  The R on my ID card I now am obligated to present means jack squat to me.

I'm hopeful this will result in a massive dumping of the closed-minded ambi-sexual walnuts that were swept into congress and state governments in 2012.
erfalf
City Father

« Reply #185 on: August 05, 2016, 01:06:09 pm »

Are you saying those are the only three Democrats qualified to run for President of the USA? 

I did not watch any of the Democratic convention since I knew I would not vote for Hillary.  I only watched a few hours of the PBS talking heads trash everything happening at the Republican convention.  I figured the Democratic convention coverage by PBS would be a love fest that would make me barf.

I have joked about voting for Bernie so I could get free stuff but in reality I could not.
Warren?  Who bashed your brain in?
I've had enough of Biden.  He reminds me a bit of Dan Quayle but Biden didn't get near the quantity of bad press.  Being a Democrat has its advantages. I am sympathetic for the loss of his son.

How about someone like David Boren?  I voted for him as Senator.  I could maybe vote for him for POTUS.

There is bound to be some Democrat out there that I could find less undesirable than The Donald but I don't have any names other than Boren at the moment since I only rarely have voted for a Democrat.

How can you blame them. They tried McCain, an honorable man and a bit of a centrist if there ever was one. They vilified him.

Romney next. Also a decent human being, and in my opinion too liberal for me. They vilified him.

See the trend.

Trump is the nearly the exact opposite of what they did before. You can't say they are insane.

Except for his extreme protectionist economy views that is.

"Trust but Verify." - The Gipper
rebound
City Father

« Reply #186 on: August 05, 2016, 01:47:57 pm »

How can you blame them. They tried McCain, an honorable man and a bit of a centrist if there ever was one. They vilified him.

Romney next. Also a decent human being, and in my opinion too liberal for me. They vilified him.

See the trend.

Trump is the nearly the exact opposite of what they did before. You can't say they are insane.

Except for his extreme protectionist economy views that is.

I'll nit pick this a bit.   

Regarding McCain.  "They" didn't vilify him, they vilified Palin, and rightfully so.   In that election,  John McCain was in an excellent position to win.  But instead of letting him pick his own running mate, which would probably have been Lieberman, Sarah Palin was foisted upon him by the right wing of the party.   If McCain picks Lieberman, a moderate/Liberal and pro-choice, he would have almost certainly won.  (Hindsight, I know, but...)   Palin was/is a complete bust and drug McCain down with her.

Romney was/is a good guy.  But the overall negativity created by the GOP leadership during Obama's first term cast a pall over him, and he was also again forced by the hard-right of the party to take positions counter to what (most likely) he preferred.    Case in point was Obamacare, which was modeled off of Romney's own plan.  But he was mind-bendingly forced to argue against it, even though he had seen how successful it was.

The problem with Romney and McCain wasn't Romney and McCain.  They were both good candidates and centrist enough, and if left to their own devices and inclinations possibly could have won.  (McCain for sure,  Romney a little less so.)  It was the right-wing of the GOP that forced both of them into contrived positions that caused them to lose.   And instead of recognizing that for what it was, the hard-right faction said "this time let us nominate somebody that we really like". And we get Trump.

Let's see how that works out for them.

Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #187 on: August 05, 2016, 01:59:04 pm »

WELL...

Polls only forecast:

Chance of winning

FiveThirtyEight

Hillary Clinton
81.5%
Donald Trump
18.4%

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2016-election-forecast/?ex_cid=2016-electionhttp://

Workin' great
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #188 on: August 05, 2016, 02:20:24 pm »

Regarding McCain.  "They" didn't vilify him, they vilified Palin, and rightfully so.   In that election,  John McCain was in an excellent position to win.  But instead of letting him pick his own running mate, which would probably have been Lieberman, Sarah Palin was foisted upon him by the right wing of the party.   If McCain picks Lieberman, a moderate/Liberal and pro-choice, he would have almost certainly won.  (Hindsight, I know, but...)   Palin was/is a complete bust and drug McCain down with her.

Romney was/is a good guy.  But the overall negativity created by the GOP leadership during Obama's first term cast a pall over him, and he was also again forced by the hard-right of the party to take positions counter to what (most likely) he preferred.    Case in point was Obamacare, which was modeled off of Romney's own plan.  But he was mind-bendingly forced to argue against it, even though he had seen how successful it was.

The problem with Romney and McCain wasn't Romney and McCain.  They were both good candidates and centrist enough, and if left to their own devices and inclinations possibly could have won.  (McCain for sure,  Romney a little less so.)  It was the right-wing of the GOP that forced both of them into contrived positions that caused them to lose.   And instead of recognizing that for what it was, the hard-right faction said "this time let us nominate somebody that we really like". And we get Trump.

Romney also was a pussy.  He just would not fight back and refute the character attacks on himself and his professional life.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
AquaMan
City Father

Just Cruz'n

« Reply #189 on: August 05, 2016, 02:21:46 pm »

Regarding McCain.  "They" didn't vilify him, they vilified Palin, and rightfully so.   In that election,  John McCain was in an excellent position to win.  But instead of letting him pick his own running mate, which would probably have been Lieberman, Sarah Palin was foisted upon him by the right wing of the party.   If McCain picks Lieberman, a moderate/Liberal and pro-choice, he would have almost certainly won.  (Hindsight, I know, but...)   Palin was/is a complete bust and drug McCain down with her.

Romney was/is a good guy.  But the overall negativity created by the GOP leadership during Obama's first term cast a pall over him, and he was also again forced by the hard-right of the party to take positions counter to what (most likely) he preferred.    Case in point was Obamacare, which was modeled off of Romney's own plan.  But he was mind-bendingly forced to argue against it, even though he had seen how successful it was.

The problem with Romney and McCain wasn't Romney and McCain.  They were both good candidates and centrist enough, and if left to their own devices and inclinations possibly could have won.  (McCain for sure,  Romney a little less so.)  It was the right-wing of the GOP that forced both of them into contrived positions that caused them to lose.   And instead of recognizing that for what it was, the hard-right faction said "this time let us nominate somebody that we really like". And we get Trump.

Agreed. "They" is such a sinister word, but in this case you identified the correct "they". McCain couldn't overcome the disastrous Palin. Romney had done quite well in his first debate and his poll numbers were within reach but it was always hard for him to argue against Obamacare and then, that damaging video surfaced.

Has anyone seen the economic adviser group Trump has chosen?

onward...through the fog
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #190 on: August 05, 2016, 03:40:10 pm »

Has anyone seen the economic adviser group Trump has chosen?

The "Steves" are represented
Ed W
City Father

« Reply #191 on: August 05, 2016, 04:03:24 pm »

The far right reliably shows up to vote in Republican primaries, and that gives them considerable power. But after Trump loses this election, even if it's a disastrous landslide, I fully expect to hear that he wasn't a true believer in tea party issues. He wasn't a real conservative. And that will set the stage for Ted Cruz or a similarly reptilian ideologue to gain far more traction in the next presidential contest.

Ed

May you live in interesting times.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #192 on: August 05, 2016, 04:15:49 pm »

The "Steves" are represented

https://youtu.be/M_FBR7_8XIw?t=23s

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #193 on: August 05, 2016, 06:11:32 pm »

Romney also was a pussy.  He just would not fight back and refute the character attacks on himself and his professional life.

He wouldn't stoop to the bottom of the muck and mire to be with the teabaggers, and that cost him.   Just like Kerry wouldn't fight back against the muck and mire of the Swift Boaters.  Both groups ARE the lowest common denominator.  What is astounding is how many are actually buying into this.   The level of ignorance is mind blowing.

Breadburner
City Father

« Reply #194 on: November 13, 2016, 09:20:12 am »

Looks like the Dems are the real smile show they have gotten their asses kicked across the board Trump was the final nail being hammered in....... Grin Grin Grin

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org