A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 08:49:15 am
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 14   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: RNC - what a s**t show  (Read 83929 times)
erfalf
City Father

« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2016, 12:40:59 pm »

But, back to the real topic now....

...who is up for creating a drinking game for these proceedings?

What in the world would the game be. It's not focused enough to promote any binging. The RNC's fears are pretty wide spread.

"Trust but Verify." - The Gipper
AquaMan
City Father

Just Cruz'n

« Reply #16 on: July 19, 2016, 12:49:12 pm »

Easy. Every time they show or interview a black person with a cowboy hat take a drink. Every time they use the words repeal ObamaCare, take a drink. Every time someone yells out Crooked Hillary, that's two shots and every time the word "Bhengazi" is uttered, beer and a shot.

Any one notice that the lady whose son was killed by a Mexican gang blamed Obama for not doing anything? Problem was it occurred in the summer of 2008. The election was in the fall iirc. Or that Melania says she wrote the entire, speech so what speech writer do you fire? Details, details.

Got to love the Leader's entrance with backlighting and fog. "We're gonna' win. We're gonna' win big." Wonderful theatre.

onward...through the fog
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #17 on: July 19, 2016, 12:51:34 pm »

RNC Drinking Game – This is for speeches given on the main stage:

1 drink every time someone says “Crooked Hillary”
2 drinks every time someone says “BENGHAZI!”
3 drinks every time someone says “email server”
Take a shot every time an actual elected Republican member of Congress or state governor actually mentions Trump
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #18 on: July 19, 2016, 01:16:02 pm »

Stephen Colbert has a RNC Bingo Card generator, and it is fantastic. 

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #19 on: July 19, 2016, 01:27:30 pm »

Stephen Colbert has a RNC Bingo Card generator, and it is fantastic. 

Love the refresh - just pitch till ya win...get the card you want...

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #20 on: July 19, 2016, 02:12:27 pm »

I guess my title of the subject was prophetic...

Norovirus outbreak reported among GOP convention staffers

So now, it's literally...a s**t show.   Grin

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #21 on: July 19, 2016, 02:54:25 pm »

I guess my title of the subject was prophetic...

Norovirus outbreak reported among GOP convention staffers

So now, it's literally...a s**t show.   Grin

Best thing to happen in Cleveland yet this week.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #22 on: July 19, 2016, 03:08:53 pm »

Best thing to happen in Cleveland yet this week.

The Mistake by the Lake
davideinstein
« Reply #23 on: July 19, 2016, 03:21:57 pm »

Waste of time.
TheArtist
T-Town Elder

« Reply #24 on: July 19, 2016, 04:17:27 pm »

I think I heard that on several of Trump's construction sites people have died, there have been safety violations, warnings, complaints, etc.  

If Hillary is responsible for the Benghazi deaths, couldn't it be argued that Trump is responsible for the deaths on his development sites?  

I wonder who is responsible for "murdering" (if we are going to use that language for these tragedies) more people under their watch?

If he can't manage a few construction sites, how are we supposed to believe he is going to be more responsible handling the entire US government including its numerous embassies?

Sarcasm off...
« Last Edit: July 19, 2016, 04:24:34 pm by TheArtist » Logged

"When you only have two pennies left in the world, buy a loaf of bread with one, and a lily with the other."-Chinese proverb. "Arts a staple. Like bread or wine or a warm coat in winter. Those who think it is a luxury have only a fragment of a mind. Mans spirit grows hungry for art in the same way h
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #25 on: July 20, 2016, 11:35:56 am »

Looks like the speechwriter fell on the sword.  Evidently Melania read passages from the First Lady's speech to her, and she wrote them.  Not necessarily verbatim, but at this point, the damage is done, although the Donald responded to it by saying 'any publicity is good publicity'.

How's that for plagiarism?

This week sure hasn't lacked for entertainment.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #26 on: July 20, 2016, 12:09:20 pm »

Looks like the speechwriter fell on the sword.  Evidently Melania read passages from the First Lady's speech to her, and she wrote them.  Not necessarily verbatim, but at this point, the damage is done, although the Donald responded to it by saying 'any publicity is good publicity'.

How's that for plagiarism?

This week sure hasn't lacked for entertainment.

He has also been illegally misappropriating copyright material for his own entertainment objectives.  Stealing Queen's music.  Just another layer of criminal activity he engages in.  Remember the college kids that have been prosecuted and fined hundreds of thousands of dollars for downloading just to listen in the dorm?  Well, Trump is using this in his "sales pitch" to the nation.  Classy as always....

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #27 on: July 20, 2016, 12:18:37 pm »

So, after a day and a half of denying it was similar or that it was in any way copied from Michelle's speech, they now say that she read the speech to someone who wrote it down? So basically, yeah... we copied the speech from Michelle.  You think our helping, but...

Listened to a number of highlights, seems like the RNC really hates Hillary, really loves Jesus (who is on their side), hates Obama (who is a Moslem), and are going to make America great again. Other than that, I haven't gotten anything from the convention.

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
erfalf
City Father

« Reply #28 on: July 20, 2016, 12:22:32 pm »

What did you all expect to happen? Maybe it's me that just doesn't understand what is supposed to happen at a convention. I'm not saying it's not a dog and pony show, but that's what I expected it to be. Who here thought anything different.

"Trust but Verify." - The Gipper
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #29 on: July 20, 2016, 02:23:09 pm »

What did you all expect to happen? Maybe it's me that just doesn't understand what is supposed to happen at a convention. I'm not saying it's not a dog and pony show, but that's what I expected it to be. Who here thought anything different.

It's exactly what I expected.  As will be the DNC convention.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 14   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org