A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 03:37:29 am
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Gunboat Park  (Read 25346 times)
Bamboo World
Philanthropist

« Reply #15 on: July 18, 2016, 01:26:05 pm »

Yes, that's the three-volume boxed set I purchased at The Phoenix (for about half of Amazon's price, by the way).

Bamboo World... Saving big bucks AND bolstering Tulsa's sales tax revenue with some old-fashioned, bricks-and-mortar shopping in the M.B. Pearl District!

davideinstein
« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2016, 03:09:29 pm »

Yes, that's the three-volume boxed set I purchased at The Phoenix (for about half of Amazon's price, by the way).

Bamboo World... Saving big bucks AND bolstering Tulsa's sales tax revenue with some old-fashioned, bricks-and-mortar shopping in the M.B. Pearl District!

Did the have multiple copies? I might stop by and grab it.
PonderInc
City Dweller
City Father

« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2016, 09:39:26 pm »

A big chunk of Gunboat Park is in the COT regulatory flood plain, which would be fixed if we would ever implement the Elm Creek Drainage plan / Pearl District ponds/canals.

https://www.cityoftulsa.org/media/418035/Panel%2036.pdf
Bamboo World
Philanthropist

« Reply #18 on: July 20, 2016, 09:46:22 pm »

A big chunk of Gunboat Park is in the COT regulatory flood plain, which would be fixed if we would ever implement the Elm Creek Drainage plan / Pearl District ponds/canals.

I don't think the flooding problem can be "fixed" completely.  It could be mitigated, however.  Much of the floodplain could be somewhat "fixed" by elevating buildings a bit, or by moving them out of floodplain to higher ground, or by installing flood vents, etc.

« Last Edit: July 27, 2016, 02:29:03 pm by Bamboo World » Logged
rdj
City Father

« Reply #19 on: July 22, 2016, 07:25:18 am »

Also, for the remove the SE corner of the IDL crowd, how would Gunboat Park be changed by that type of move?

Live Generous.  Live Blessed.
Bamboo World
Philanthropist

« Reply #20 on: July 22, 2016, 12:34:38 pm »

Apparently there used to be an unspoken "greenbelt" agreement between Tulsa and its suburbs.  It was tossed out the window in 1966.  You wonder what it would've been like if the Tulsa metro had adopted a Portland style growth boundary.

What makes you think that there was ever an unspoken "greenbelt" agreement?  There was a proposed open space plan in the 1960s, but no greenbelt "agreement" as far as I know.

Global Moderator
Civic Leader

« Reply #21 on: July 27, 2016, 01:17:54 pm »

Streetcar/light rail discussion moved to its own thread.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org