A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 03:10:11 am
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Trip to Dallas from Tulsa is about to get shorter  (Read 12205 times)
sooneralum2012
Citizen

« Reply #15 on: July 28, 2016, 02:21:17 pm »

I'd like to see a high speed train from Tulsa direct to Fort Worth.

An indirect connection is in the Federal Railroad Administrations longterm strategic plan.

patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #16 on: July 28, 2016, 03:47:53 pm »

An indirect connection is in the Federal Railroad Administrations longterm strategic plan.

With Tulsa as a dead-end,
Unless you just want to go to Texas.  Everyone from Oklahoma wants to go to Texas.  Would just hate to go to Chicago.

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #17 on: July 28, 2016, 04:23:25 pm »

Connection from Tulsa to KC would give easy access to a lot of area for a lot of people - not just OK, but TX to north and east, too.

I don't expect that much 'vision' from anything Federal.... Lowered Expectations.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3flv5nWZgII
« Last Edit: July 28, 2016, 04:26:03 pm by heironymouspasparagus » Logged

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
dbacksfan 2.0
City Father

« Reply #18 on: July 28, 2016, 04:24:51 pm »

With Tulsa as a dead-end,
Unless you just want to go to Texas.  Everyone from Oklahoma wants to go to Texas.  Would just hate to go to Chicago.

But with what the map shows you can get to Chicago from Tulsa, just tak the one to Dallas and then two to three other trains and possibly an additional day or so but you get there eventually. Just don't plan a trip to the west coast or PNW, that may take closer to a week or more.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #19 on: July 29, 2016, 11:15:02 am »

But with what the map shows you can get to Chicago from Tulsa, just tak the one to Dallas and then two to three other trains and possibly an additional day or so but you get there eventually. Just don't plan a trip to the west coast or PNW, that may take closer to a week or more.

I think it's a big deal Tulsa's even pinpointed...frankly, I'm a little surprised.

dbacksfan 2.0
City Father

« Reply #20 on: July 29, 2016, 11:26:19 am »

I think it's a big deal Tulsa's even pinpointed...frankly, I'm a little surprised.

Completely agree, (was being a little sarcastic) but the weak link seems to be the OKC to Dallas stretch, or have they found money in the budget to support that route? I know I read about the possibility of it going away. I know that Caltrans is working on the LA to Sacramento, and they are supposed going to start on the LA to Las Vegas route soon. Both of those I know will see a lot of rider ship especially the LA/Vegas route. But I also think a route to KC is a good idea even if it's not high speed because it does open up to more connections.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #21 on: July 29, 2016, 11:30:38 am »

Completely agree, (was being a little sarcastic) but the weak link seems to be the OKC to Dallas stretch, or have they found money in the budget to support that route? I know I read about the possibility of it going away. I know that Caltrans is working on the LA to Sacramento, and they are supposed going to start on the LA to Las Vegas route soon. Both of those I know will see a lot of rider ship especially the LA/Vegas route. But I also think a route to KC is a good idea even if it's not high speed because it does open up to more connections.

I have to assume that anyone controlled by petroleum interests will do their best to shoot down anything like this for Oklahoma.
johrasephoenix
« Reply #22 on: July 29, 2016, 11:50:52 am »

Very cool.  I'm guessing estimated construction date is 2196 just after we invent teleporation packs.
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #23 on: July 29, 2016, 12:07:13 pm »

and Glenpool.

Glenpool is down to one stoplight that doesn't effect traffic near as much as Okmulgee and Henrietta do.
Vashta Nerada
Philanthropist

« Reply #24 on: July 30, 2016, 05:57:02 pm »

I have to assume that anyone controlled by petroleum interests will do their best to shoot down anything like this for Oklahoma.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org