A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:03:19 pm
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lone Wolf TU  (Read 7857 times)
Bamboo World
Philanthropist

« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2016, 09:36:41 pm »

(I have totally forgotten what the original thread topic was about...)

It was about a Tulsa World article on Lone Wolf, featuring of a photo of Philip Phillips VII with his sons Philip Phillips VIII and Phoenix, iirc.

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #16 on: July 21, 2016, 07:55:48 am »

One of the interesting things that was proven during the TyPros Street Cred event was that if you reduce 11th to one lane in each direction, the traffic flows just fine, but it goes about 30 MPH instead of 50.  I think this is a good argument for putting in protected bike lanes, which are being considered.  However, since this is supposed to have the BRT route also, I'm not sure the City will be brave enough to do both.  The BPAC has recommended 11th street for a protected bike lane among it's top priorities for IOT funds.  The city is going to do a multi-modal study and think about it.  However, I've also heard that Councilor Ewing is opposed to the protected bike lane on 11th and wants it on 6th.  In my opinion, this is not ideal, because there will likely be one on 3rd, and it would be overkill to have it on 3rd and 6th.  Also, both 3rd and 11th are continuous routes, while 6th is interrupted by TU. Plus, it's physically dangerous to ride a bike on 11th, so a bike lane would create transportation opportunities for cyclists.  Meanwhile, it's pretty comfortable to ride on 6th even without a bike lane.

(I have totally forgotten what the original thread topic was about...)

Would the envisioned bike lanes on 11th extend east of TU?  If not, I really don’t get the hardship in transiting 6th St vs. 11th.  We assume people ride their bikes because they are not lazy and don’t mind picking up an extra half mile here and there.  If they are on their bike, they are not likely in a hurry, it’s an extra minute or two to ride that half mile out of the way.  When MC and I ride downtown from home near 21st & Yale, we meander our way to Delaware, then take Delaware north to 6th and 6th to downtown.  We do the reverse on our way home.  Protected bike lanes on 11th are not really a make or break deal in my part of the world.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
PonderInc
City Dweller
City Father

« Reply #17 on: July 21, 2016, 09:52:42 am »

I believe the recommendation is for a buffered bike lane on 11th from downtown to east of I-44 (past Garnett), and then a signed route on out to 193rd E Ave.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org