A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 10:12:22 am
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lone Wolf TU  (Read 7969 times)
davideinstein
« on: July 13, 2016, 04:27:31 pm »

http://www.tulsaworld.com/homepagelatest/lone-wolf-banh-mi-is-moving-closer-to-tu/article_8c0e5ee5-b85f-5f75-b342-ec0e694b0816.html

Glad a solid brand is moving into that spot.
Bamboo World
Philanthropist

« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2016, 04:57:55 pm »

I wonder:  If Philip Phillips VIII ever has a son, then what name will he choose for his baby boy?
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2016, 05:18:35 pm »

I wonder:  If Philip Phillips VIII ever has a son, then what name will he choose for his baby boy?

“I’m Philip THE NINTH b!tch!"

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Bamboo World
Philanthropist

« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2016, 05:23:58 pm »

“I’m Philip THE NINTH b!tch!"

There was a man from my hometown named "Nine."  After eight children, his parents were tired of choosing traditional names, so it was simply "Nine" for the ninth baby.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2016, 07:55:26 pm »

There was a man from my hometown named "Nine."  After eight children, his parents were tired of choosing traditional names, so it was simply "Nine" for the ninth baby.

Grin

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
BKDotCom
City Father

« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2016, 10:33:21 pm »

Thread drift

Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2016, 10:37:08 pm »

I knew a kid who was a fourth, as in after jr and third.  They called him Quatro.

AngieB
Proud Westsider
City Father

« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2016, 11:17:47 am »

Glad to hear this. I tried the Broaster place once...they had falafel. So much garlic is was pretty much inedible. Never went back.
DowntownDan
City Father

« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2016, 10:02:42 am »

Now they just need bicycle delivery within a couple mile radius.  I might never leave my house if they did that.
davideinstein
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2016, 03:10:13 pm »

Now they just need bicycle delivery within a couple mile radius.  I might never leave my house if they did that.

It's very tough to do bike delivery over there currently.  Sad
DowntownDan
City Father

« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2016, 04:09:33 pm »

It's very tough to do bike delivery over there currently.  Sad

I can see that.  Does the JJ only deliver to campus?
davideinstein
« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2016, 04:36:04 pm »

I can see that.  Does the JJ only deliver to campus?

That location goes all the way to Hillcrest. We tried bike delivery but it's just dangerous on 11th Street.
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2016, 07:14:23 am »

That location goes all the way to Hillcrest. We tried bike delivery but it's just dangerous on 11th Street.

For sure, I'd avoid 11th like the plague. I ride down 6th or 3rd all the time. To get to Hillcrest I would take Delaware to 6th, over and back south. 10 blocks out of your way might make that too long for the delivery times you are looking for.

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
johrasephoenix
« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2016, 07:36:23 am »

3rd and 6th should both be road dieted to TU, like they've done in the Brady which makes the streets feel safe and comfortable for pedestrians.  Something should also be done on 11th to make it more pleasant to walk on - that area has a TON of potential with great old buildings but it's not really a place you want to linger.  Right now it's just about impossible to cross the street on foot.
PonderInc
City Dweller
City Father

« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2016, 09:30:56 pm »

One of the interesting things that was proven during the TyPros Street Cred event was that if you reduce 11th to one lane in each direction, the traffic flows just fine, but it goes about 30 MPH instead of 50.  I think this is a good argument for putting in protected bike lanes, which are being considered.  However, since this is supposed to have the BRT route also, I'm not sure the City will be brave enough to do both.  The BPAC has recommended 11th street for a protected bike lane among it's top priorities for IOT funds.  The city is going to do a multi-modal study and think about it.  However, I've also heard that Councilor Ewing is opposed to the protected bike lane on 11th and wants it on 6th.  In my opinion, this is not ideal, because there will likely be one on 3rd, and it would be overkill to have it on 3rd and 6th.  Also, both 3rd and 11th are continuous routes, while 6th is interrupted by TU. Plus, it's physically dangerous to ride a bike on 11th, so a bike lane would create transportation opportunities for cyclists.  Meanwhile, it's pretty comfortable to ride on 6th even without a bike lane.

(I have totally forgotten what the original thread topic was about...)
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org