A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 01:09:27 pm
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 19   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hillary Clinton  (Read 97608 times)
dbacksfan 2.0
City Father

« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2016, 01:04:11 pm »

Both of you should review the posts I made on the Trump thread before your make such assertions. I actually defended the guy. It is one thing to comment on such a larger than life figure like the Don in one of the most interesting Republican primaries ever. Its quite another to mount a decades long crusade against a Clinton by continually posting conservative organization missives.

I was referring to Teatownclown and the like that told everyone how stupid they were, not things in the last 15 months.
AquaMan
City Father

Just Cruz'n

« Reply #16 on: July 10, 2016, 01:31:28 pm »

Yeah, he's gone somewhere. I like people around here a lot more before I find out their political beliefs. Then it takes me awhile to get over that and find some common ground. The common ground here is that we all want Tulsa to be a better place to live so we don't feel compelled to move!

onward...through the fog
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #17 on: July 10, 2016, 09:15:16 pm »

I personally think the Trump V. Clinton election is a shitsandwich as both have very detestable qualities.  I could never vote or HRC and didn’t in the Oklahoma primary.  Since there are no serious independents I may end up voting for Gary Johnson.  Trump will carry Oklahoma anyhow with or without my vote.

Who is Gary Johnson?  I would rather waste my vote than vote for either HRC or the Donald.

Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #18 on: July 10, 2016, 09:42:43 pm »

Who is Gary Johnson?  I would rather waste my vote than vote for either HRC or the Donald.

Republican turned Libertarian former NM governor.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #19 on: July 10, 2016, 09:58:02 pm »

Let me apologize for not referring back to the article I copied all these from. Were any of these items not correct?

Second, CF and Aqua BOTH posted in the TRUMP thread with no problem at all doing so, but when it comes to a Hillary thread its not appropriate?

This is exactly the responses I expected, which is why I stirred the pot.

I will drop it here.

Gotta wonder where all this outrage was when George W Bush and Karl Rove used a private server in the White House for years?  And intentionally, carefully, and illegally deleted about 22 million emails.  Wouldn't that level of illegal activity be at least worth one investigation??

And right up there next to that - we have massive posturing and contortions going on to try to paint Hillary with the Benghazi embassy deaths.   Even a movie - lying about the events!   Admittedly horrible - ANY deaths in a diplomatic mission of any type are despicable!   

Just gotta wonder - again - why 4 killed is worth 8 Congressional investigations - each finding no wrongdoing by the State Dept in general, and HRC specifically?  And 86 killed with hundreds more wounded is not worth even 1 investigation?  Oh, yeah....ALL those others were during the Baby Bush regime!

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #20 on: July 10, 2016, 11:08:41 pm »

Republican turned Libertarian former NM governor.

Thank you.  I will ask my sister about him.  She has lived in NM for about the last 20 years.

cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #21 on: July 11, 2016, 07:11:22 am »

Let me apologize for not referring back to the article I copied all these from. Were any of these items not correct?

Second, CF and Aqua BOTH posted in the TRUMP thread with no problem at all doing so, but when it comes to a Hillary thread its not appropriate?

This is exactly the responses I expected, which is why I stirred the pot.

I will drop it here.

You don't need to drop it. This is the national politics, national politic away!  But I don't have much of an urge to spend time and effort on debating you when you have spent no effort on the matter. I could cut and paste an article from somewhere else, if that would help (it wouldn't). 

And to answer your question - no, not all of the items are correct.

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
rebound
City Father

« Reply #22 on: July 11, 2016, 08:54:43 am »

Thank you.  I will ask my sister about him.  She has lived in NM for about the last 20 years.

You should definitely check him out.  He's polling just over 10% now.  If he get to 15% and makes the debates, things might get really interesting.   I'm not saying he could win the whole thing, but he's the real deal, at least compared to the other two this time around.   Libertarian Party is on the ballot in all 50 states for first time ever, and if Johnson could somehow win a couple of states, the country might finally have that third party they've been wanting for a while.

#feelthejohnson

Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #23 on: July 11, 2016, 01:39:03 pm »

http://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2016-election-forecast/#plus
Hillary has this election in the bag (at least at this point), and will continue the policies popular among her party. Economically there will be more hope under Clinton, than her predecessor. The Clintons do not share President Obama's hostility towards prosperity, success and investment.  On the contrary, the Clintons have always worked within the Wall Street machinery with excellent results.  The Clintons are the most cunning people on Earth, the political version of championship poker players.  Hillary may not have Bill's ability to 'fain the genuine,' but she doesn't need it. The only person she is running against at this point is herself, and as long as she can remain viable, she has won.  

Trump is doing exactly as most of us expected.  He's a tank headed for a cliff.  Trump is a vestigial organ of a society that no longer exists. Bombastic Churchillian leadership has limited appeal and even less usefulness in the age of instant information and validation of fact. All one needs to do, is allow him to speak long enough, and he will dig more holes than he can fill.

As for Johnson, unfortunately a society does not simply turn away from expanding dependencies. Historically it rushes towards them. I believe our path is set, and easily forecastable. The process follows the classic Fibonacci sequence of expansion. The larger the sequence becomes the narrower the foundations it rests upon. A government based on individual liberty will only rise after the current cycle is complete.  Johnson knows this, as does any student of history and libertarian philosophy.  His campaign is symbolic, a reminder of the core principals of free society.

Johnson may indeed make for an interesting injection of reason into the debates, but ultimately will be inconsequential.  The concepts of liberty and personal responsibility have been successfully demonized.  The current voter (Republican, independent and Democrat) is far too fearful of uncertainty, and will flock to security, even if that security represents a loss of liberty who's momentum cannot be stopped.

The fact throughout history is that whenever government dominates the economic  affairs of its citizenry, a free society is eroded, then destroyed, and a minority  government ensues. Personal liberty without economic liberty is an absolute contradiction; the one cannot exist without the other. – William E. Simon

« Last Edit: July 11, 2016, 02:11:26 pm by Gaspar » Logged

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
BKDotCom
City Father

« Reply #24 on: July 11, 2016, 01:55:55 pm »

...and if Johnson could somehow win a couple of states, the country might finally have that third party they've been wanting for a while.

Not until we do something about First Past The Post voting
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #25 on: July 12, 2016, 09:44:03 am »

I think I mentioned it elsewhere, but the scariest thing about this election is that one of those clowns is gonna pick the next Supreme Court justice solely due to Ryan and his "Good Buddy" crew not considering the one on the table now.  The current one seems like reasonable compromise.  Which would make sense, which is why it won't happen.

Think Trump justice....
Think Hillary justice....

You don't get chills??

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
rebound
City Father

« Reply #26 on: July 12, 2016, 12:48:06 pm »

Not until we do something about First Past The Post voting

Agreed.   I'm a proponent of the alternative vote method, but I'm not holding my breath on seeing it actually happen...

BKDotCom
City Father

« Reply #27 on: July 13, 2016, 10:45:04 pm »

Agreed.   I'm a proponent of the alternative vote method, but I'm not holding my breath on seeing it actually happen...

I'm a fan of "approval voting"
TulsaMoon
Civic Leader

« Reply #28 on: August 09, 2016, 08:30:41 am »

Gotta wonder where all this outrage was when George W Bush and Karl Rove used a private server in the White House for years?  And intentionally, carefully, and illegally deleted about 22 million emails.  Wouldn't that level of illegal activity be at least worth one investigation??

And right up there next to that - we have massive posturing and contortions going on to try to paint Hillary with the Benghazi embassy deaths.   Even a movie - lying about the events!   Admittedly horrible - ANY deaths in a diplomatic mission of any type are despicable!  

Just gotta wonder - again - why 4 killed is worth 8 Congressional investigations - each finding no wrongdoing by the State Dept in general, and HRC specifically?  And 86 killed with hundreds more wounded is not worth even 1 investigation?  Oh, yeah....ALL those others were during the Baby Bush regime!

I could not agree with you more about the gwb43.com emails. They did this to avoid the Hatch Act and admitted to doing so.

My post was about Clinton because she is running for the highest office in the land, not about Rove or Bush. It was about her statements concerning this and the FBI investigation.

TulsaMoon
Civic Leader

« Reply #29 on: August 09, 2016, 08:36:01 am »

You don't need to drop it. This is the national politics, national politic away!  But I don't have much of an urge to spend time and effort on debating you when you have spent no effort on the matter. I could cut and paste an article from somewhere else, if that would help (it wouldn't). 

And to answer your question - no, not all of the items are correct.

Which items are not correct
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 19   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org