A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:50:27 pm
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Downtown Movie (POSTPONED) - Modern Times  (Read 10875 times)
MostSeriousness
Civic Leader

« on: July 07, 2016, 08:47:23 am »

***UPDATE - Due to weather, the movie night has been postponed to September (Final Friday Movie Nights).

Local musicians Recorder performs the music and sounds of Charlie Chaplin's Modern Times.

The “Not So Silent” Friday Film Series is hosting a movie at the end of each month to hearken back to the classic days of entertainment. Outdoor screening and live music by local musicians as the opening scenes roll!

Modern Times
This comedic masterpiece finds the iconic Little Tramp employed at a state-of-the-art factory where the inescapable machinery completely overwhelms him, and where various mishaps keep getting him sent to prison. In between his various jail stints, he meets and befriends an orphan girl. Both together and apart, they try to contend with the difficulties of modern life, with the Tramp working as a waiter and eventually a performer.

Music by Recorder

Free Event • All Ages Welcome
Reconciliation Park
322 N Detroit Ave
Tulsa, OK 74120 United States

about 8:00 PM - ?
« Last Edit: July 29, 2016, 09:09:14 am by MostSeriousness » Logged
MostSeriousness
Civic Leader

« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2016, 11:31:31 am »

Forgot the link

https://www.facebook.com/events/289947818015741/
MostSeriousness
Civic Leader

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2016, 03:38:33 pm »

Just heard the event is still on, after it looked earlier this week that it was going to be a rain delay.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2016, 04:42:03 pm »

Nice!!   Hope I can get into town early enough to come by.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
MostSeriousness
Civic Leader

« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2016, 09:09:48 am »

Just received an email, it actually turns out the park is way too wet and there's more rain on the way. Movie has been rescheduled.

Sad
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2016, 10:04:21 am »

Just received an email, it actually turns out the park is way too wet and there's more rain on the way. Movie has been rescheduled.

Sad

Yeah, it rained quite a bit there yesterday before the ballgame too; I had to wait out the deluge in my car at the McNellie's parking lot.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
MostSeriousness
Civic Leader

« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2016, 11:39:38 am »

The weather is looking a little better! The movie is on for this Friday!

https://www.facebook.com/events/1779239308978837/
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org