A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 11:24:15 pm
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Why are we complaining about school funding?  (Read 10658 times)
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2016, 09:33:30 pm »

You realize you sourced an article which is now 11 years old, right?  Second, this has been around the internet umpteen times especially since Kaiser was tied to Solyndra and as a bundler for President Obama.

Kaiser funds many community projects in the Tulsa area.  Some are known with great fanfare like The Gathering Place.  Many others are done as anonymously as possible.  Health and education have always been a priority of his giving strategies, especially in underserved parts of the community.

To suggest Kaiser is some greedy A-hole who could independently shore up TPS’s budget shortfalls but just won’t shows a certain lack of understanding or appreciation for how much his sense of charity is spread around this community.

Kaiser has no obligation to voluntarily distribute any wealth to Tulsa or anywhere else for that matter.  Yet again, you have ignored what other posters have explained about the restrictive nature of the funds TCF manages throughout the community.  I can’t speak for the 70 or so other non-profits, but I can say the one I am a board member on is strictly limited to using funds placed in the care of the TCF for public green space purchases.  People donated funds specifically for those causes and the funds have to be used for those causes unless the purpose they were originally intended to fund has been satisfied or otherwise disbanded.

These funds managed by TCF are not discretionary funds managed by Kaiser or his top staff.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
godboko71
Philanthropist

« Reply #16 on: July 04, 2016, 11:04:43 pm »

You realize you sourced an article which is now 11 years old, right?

These funds managed by TCF are not discretionary funds managed by Kaiser or his top staff.

Thank you, you saved me from so much typing. I don't care about his politics, he has GIVEN hundreds of millions to north east tulsa, all going to quality of life improvements.

The Tulsa Community Foundation is NOT George Kaiser Family Foundation.
https://tulsacf.org

One must look no further than the CAP Early Childhood Education, Kendall-Whittier neighborhood, and Eisenhower & Zarrow International Schools to see first hand the great things the Kaiser Family Foundation is doing.
http://www.gkff.org/

Thank you,
Robert Town
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org