A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:56:49 pm
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Jackson Technical HQ  (Read 39688 times)
DowntownDan
City Father

« on: June 11, 2016, 09:30:19 am »

The lot between the Coliseum and Lindsay House is now fenced off.  Will work begin soon on the office building or something else?
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2016, 08:09:22 am »

The lot between the Coliseum and Lindsay House is now fenced off.  Will work begin soon on the office building or something else?

I was unable to locate a building permit or announcement on those lots. Sometimes there is a lag between the permit and hitting the map.

The lot it is owned by One Small Step for Land, LLC.  The only land that LLC holds (under its own name) are the three lots between the Coliseum and Lindsey house. The registered agent for that entity is Frederic Dorwart. Obviously best known for representing Kaiser entities, but he is registered agent for 393 companies in Oklahoma, maybe a third of those Kaiser related (maybe). 

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
BouldinDomer
Citizen

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2016, 08:42:23 am »

The last I heard that lot was going to be a new office for Jackson Technical. A couple of months ago the TW ran their application for a permit which listed it as "foundation only."

cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2016, 11:19:11 am »

Thank you.

Jackson Technical, 611 S. Elgin Ave., new construction/foundation only, $2.5 million.
http://www.tulsaworld.com/business/fortherecord/for-the-record-commercial-building-permits-partnerships-bankruptcies/article_098c245a-d763-5514-9c50-b994e851c99a.html

The permit issuance is here:
https://www.cityoftulsa.org/media/455261/comm_feb_2016.pdf

Ted Reeds Architecture is handling the project. The permit language is "Foundation Only New Office Bldg For Jackson Tech." I couldn't find any renderings or anything else.

But more good news for downtown! When home grown companies decide to stay downtown and create buildings that fit then, then we grow vibrant downtown.

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.

Global Moderator
Civic Leader

« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2016, 11:55:03 am »

Project officially broke ground this morning.

Tulsa World Article

TulsaNow Project Page

Facebook Post
« Last Edit: June 22, 2016, 12:17:07 pm by Moderator » Logged

Bamboo World
Philanthropist

« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2016, 12:10:32 pm »

Project officially broke ground this morning.

Tulsa World Article

TulsaNow Project Page

Facebook Post

It's disappointing to see the building set back from the public sidewalk along Elgin, with a large curb cut (or two) for parking.  The parking would be better alley-side instead of street-side, in my opinion.
Bamboo World
Philanthropist

« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2016, 12:12:01 pm »

A dead link when I tried it...

Global Moderator
Civic Leader

« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2016, 12:17:36 pm »

A dead link when I tried it...
Updated link above.

cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2016, 12:52:37 pm »

Wow. It's really unusually to see a building setback like with parking in the front downtown. Wonder what the thinking was.

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
BKDotCom
City Father

« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2016, 12:56:00 pm »

Wow. It's really unusually to see a building setback like with parking in the front downtown. Wonder what the thinking was.

The bigger question:  Why is it even allowed?
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2016, 01:06:32 pm »

On the FB page, someone said the owner is from Broken Arrow, might have something to do with the thinking.  It really should be built up to the curb, especially in that area.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
erfalf
City Father

« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2016, 01:13:07 pm »

Not only that, but why do they allow single use buildings.

"Trust but Verify." - The Gipper
Bamboo World
Philanthropist

« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2016, 01:13:46 pm »

On the FB page, someone said the owner is from Broken Arrow, might have something to do with the thinking.  It really should be built up to the curb, especially in that area.

No, it shouldn't be built up to the curb.  Closer to the property line and the sidewalk perhaps, but not within the public right of way to the curb.  Wink
dsjeffries
City Father

« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2016, 01:45:20 pm »

No, it shouldn't be built up to the curb.  Closer to the property line and the sidewalk perhaps, but not within the public right of way to the curb.  Wink

You knew that's what he meant...

Change never happened because people were happy with the status quo.
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #14 on: June 22, 2016, 01:48:16 pm »

The bigger question:  Why is it even allowed?

It's not a bad looking building, just flip the parking to be behind the building and it would be fine.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org