A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 06:04:27 am
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Building NW corner of Brady & Main  (Read 3095 times)
johrasephoenix
« on: June 14, 2016, 02:39:36 pm »

I was walking down Main Street today and saw a notice for a public meeting regarding the little historic building on the NW corner of Brady and Main just south of the Robinson Packer Lofts (across the street from The Tavern and just south of the Robinson Packer building).  The meeting is to talk about rezoning from light industrial to CBD multifamily residential. 

Does anyone think that means there's actually something planned for the site?  It's a major no-brainer that something should be done there.  It's right in the heart of all the activity coming on-line in the Brady.

http://www.tmapc.org/Documents/Agendas/06-15-16/PW7346.pdf
PonderInc
City Dweller
City Father

« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2016, 03:16:49 pm »

That's an incredibly cool building that I've always thought had amazing potential for a restaurant with an outdoor patio.  Not sure what the plan is, but I hope the owner recognizes that this building is designated as a "contributing resource" to the Brady Historic District.  Having the historic district allows buildings to qualify for the state and federal historic tax credits on qualifying rehabs (up to 40% tax credits), which is a big, honker deal.

CBD zoning would allow them to do basically anything (could be good, could be bad) and not have any parking requirements (definitely good).  I am unaware of a zoning designation for "CBD residential multi-family" so I'm not sure what that means.  Apartments are allowed by right in the CBD, and a multi-unit house (3 or 4 residential units with shared wall, I believe) is allowed with special exception.
rdj
City Father

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2016, 08:16:44 am »

That building is owned by Wally Tipsword.  I believe his company, Baird Manufacturing, still operates in the building in addition to space on Boston across from Guthrie Green. 

A little info near the end of this four year oldarticle:  http://www.tulsaworld.com/business/a-long-time-coming-david-sharp-has-years-of-brady/article_144a9d21-fdc5-5389-9763-3bbdbbcfefca.html

Live Generous.  Live Blessed.
DowntownDan
City Father

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2016, 10:27:15 am »

I walked by there a few weeks ago and a side door was open and some construction was going on inside.  It will make for a great location for something non-industrial.  The chain link fence around the corner doesn't fit in with what that area is evolving into.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org