A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 07:35:35 am
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: More Mass shootings  (Read 178353 times)
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #315 on: August 08, 2019, 12:15:48 pm »

Trump attacks local leaders as he visits two cities grieving from mass shootings

EL PASO — On a day when President Trump vowed to tone down his rhetoric and help the country heal following two mass slayings, he did the opposite — lacing his visits Wednesday to El Paso and Dayton, Ohio, with a flurry of attacks on local leaders and memorializing his trips with grinning thumbs-up photos.

None of the eight patients still being treated at University Medical Center in El Paso agreed to meet with Trump when he visited the hospital.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/trump-lashes-out-at-beto-orourke-and-the-media-ahead-of-visits-to-el-paso-and-dayton/2019/08/07/b0aa8afc-b8fb-11e9-b3b4-2bb69e8c4e39_story.html

El Paso victims refuse to meet with Trump after he turns Dayton visit into a campaign stop
https://www.salon.com/2019/08/08/el-paso-victims-refuse-to-meet-with-trump-after-he-turns-dayton-visit-into-a-campaign-stop/

Trump brags about crowd size during El Paso visit
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qJhrQ9ghwo8

« Last Edit: August 08, 2019, 03:42:31 pm by patric » Logged

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #316 on: August 08, 2019, 12:17:42 pm »

Trump attacks local leaders as he visits two cities grieving from mass shootings

EL PASO — On a day when President Trump vowed to tone down his rhetoric and help the country heal following two mass slayings, he did the opposite — lacing his visits Wednesday to El Paso and Dayton, Ohio, with a flurry of attacks on local leaders and memorializing his trips with grinning thumbs-up photos.

None of the eight patients still being treated at University Medical Center in El Paso agreed to meet with Trump when he visited the hospital.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/trump-lashes-out-at-beto-orourke-and-the-media-ahead-of-visits-to-el-paso-and-dayton/2019/08/07/b0aa8afc-b8fb-11e9-b3b4-2bb69e8c4e39_story.html

“We had an amazing day,” Trump said in El Paso as he concluded his visit. “As you know, we left Ohio. The love, the respect for the office of the presidency.”

So glad he had an amazing day.
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #317 on: August 09, 2019, 05:49:51 pm »

“We had an amazing day,” Trump said in El Paso as he concluded his visit. “As you know, we left Ohio. The love, the respect for the office of the presidency.”

So glad he had an amazing day.

The usual first assumption of "amazing" is amazingly good. 

It could have also been amazingly bad.

Grin

patric
T-Town Elder

« Reply #318 on: September 02, 2019, 06:34:48 pm »

The usual first assumption of "amazing" is amazingly good. 

It could have also been amazingly bad.

Grin

Man began spraying the roads with bullets after police pulled him over for failing to use his signal.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/09/02/us/west-texas-shooting-monday/index.html

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #319 on: September 02, 2019, 07:10:45 pm »

Man began spraying the roads with bullets after police pulled him over for failing to use his signal.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/09/02/us/west-texas-shooting-monday/index.html

Sounds like someone that could have been found with a red flag law.
patric
T-Town Elder

« Reply #320 on: May 27, 2022, 01:06:53 pm »

Gov. Kevin Stitt’s appointed secretary of education, Ryan Walters, said Tuesday’s mass shooting at a south Texas elementary school is “not a gun problem” and called for teachers and students to be able to better defend themselves with “armed support” inside schools.
https://tulsaworld.com/news/state-and-regional/govt-and-politics/gov-stitts-secretary-of-education-says-texas-school-shooting-is-not-a-gun-problem-calls/article_6fe2102e-dc77-11ec-8f67-abff56e13c33.html

This sort of batshary-crazy thinking could never be a reality without something more insane to drive it...

UVALDE, Texas (AP) — Nearly 20 officers stood for about 45 minutes in the hallway outside the adjoining Texas classrooms where the gunman killed students and teachers this week before U.S. Border Patrol agents unlocked the door to confront and kill him, authorities said Friday.

swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #321 on: May 27, 2022, 01:31:18 pm »

Gov. Kevin Stitt’s appointed secretary of education, Ryan Walters, said Tuesday’s mass shooting at a south Texas elementary school is “not a gun problem” and called for teachers and students to be able to better defend themselves with “armed support” inside schools.
https://tulsaworld.com/news/state-and-regional/govt-and-politics/gov-stitts-secretary-of-education-says-texas-school-shooting-is-not-a-gun-problem-calls/article_6fe2102e-dc77-11ec-8f67-abff56e13c33.html

This sort of batshary-crazy thinking could never be a reality without something more insane to drive it...

UVALDE, Texas (AP) — Nearly 20 officers stood for about 45 minutes in the hallway outside the adjoining Texas classrooms where the gunman killed students and teachers this week before U.S. Border Patrol agents unlocked the door to confront and kill him, authorities said Friday.

Little Johnny want to shoot up the school. Now he won't have to worry about finding/buying/stealing a gun, teacher has one waiting for him in her desk!

Perfect!
tulsabug
Civic Leader

« Reply #322 on: May 27, 2022, 04:49:50 pm »

This thread has been going on for almost 6 years now and nothing has changed. When it was started, the kids at Uvalde weren't even old enough to be in school and now they're dead. Pathetic.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #323 on: May 30, 2022, 07:49:46 pm »

Another kid bullied for years.  Broke horrendously.  And Abbott commenting on how we need mental health things, whatever that is he has in his feeble mind.  When it was he and his minions who took $200+ million out of mental health budgets in Texas.   And once again, that would be Republicans.  Of course.

Big question I now have given the response that was seen - we have seen some of the sheriff dept (all white guys in the limited sample that I saw interviewed so far), but there has been very little about the Uvalde cops except for the one that wants to be on the city council.   How many of them were white?  Responding to a much more mixed school.  The excuse was they were afraid to be shot, but could it have been they were "afraid" to get shot for those <fill-in-the-blank> kids?   Just asking.  Beyond Arredondo, who was there?  Quite possible that nothing sinister was at work other than just flat out incompetence and cowardice!  I hope!

There is so much vile and disgusting surrounding this event - seems to be even worse than usual.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #324 on: May 30, 2022, 08:28:57 pm »

I've been to Uvalde several times but admit the last time was around 2009.  If you are white and don't like minorities, you need to live somewhere else.  The folks there were always good to me and my friends.

patric
T-Town Elder

« Reply #325 on: May 31, 2022, 04:46:29 pm »

Big question I now have given the response that was seen - we have seen some of the sheriff dept (all white guys in the limited sample that I saw interviewed so far), but there has been very little about the Uvalde cops except for the one that wants to be on the city council.   How many of them were white?  Responding to a much more mixed school.  The excuse was they were afraid to be shot, but could it have been they were "afraid" to get shot for those <fill-in-the-blank> kids?   Just asking.  Beyond Arredondo, who was there?  Quite possible that nothing sinister was at work other than just flat out incompetence and cowardice!  I hope!

Why be accountable when you can fall back on secrecy.

The Uvalde Police Department and the Uvalde Independent School District police force are no longer cooperating with the Texas Department of Public Safety's investigation into the massacre at Robb Elementary School and the state's review of the law enforcement response, multiple law enforcement sources tell ABC News.
https://abcnews.go.com/US/uvalde-police-school-district-longer-cooperating-texas-probe/story?id=85093405

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #326 on: June 01, 2022, 04:30:09 pm »

I've been to Uvalde several times but admit the last time was around 2009.  If you are white and don't like minorities, you need to live somewhere else.  The folks there were always good to me and my friends.

I have been seeing more.  Appears as though most of the cops are Hispanic, so not likely something nefarious. 

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
patric
T-Town Elder

« Reply #327 on: June 01, 2022, 05:38:05 pm »

(CNN) At least three people were killed in a hospital campus shooting on Wednesday in Tulsa, Oklahoma, police said.
The shooter is also dead, police said in a Facebook post.
Authorities responded to a call about a man who was armed with a rifle at the Natalie Medical Building, a physicians' office building on the St. Francis Hospital campus, according to an earlier Facebook post from the Tulsa Police Department.

"At this point, we can confirm the shooter is dead," police said in the post, although it is not clear whether the shooting was self-inflicted.

"Officers are currently going through every room in the building checking for additional threats," the post added.

Police were evacuating the building and evacuating victims Wednesday evening, Richard Meulenberg, with police, said Wednesday.
"We have multiple floors... with hundreds of rooms and hundreds of people within the building," he said.
"We're treating this as a catastrophic scene right now," Meulenberg said.
There has been a reunification site set up for family members and friends at Memorial High School west of LaFortune Park, police added.

The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives is assisting on the scene of the shooting, the ATF Dallas Field Division said on Twitter.

Two orthopedic surgeons, a medical office staffer and a patient visitor were killed in a mass shooting Wednesday on the campus of Saint Francis Health System in Tulsa.
The victims were identified by Tulsa Police Chief Wendell Franklin as Dr. Preston Phillips, Dr. Stephanie Husen, Amanda Glenn and William Love.
The shooter, who police say killed himself, was identified as Michael Louis of Muskogee, a patient of Phillips' who had recently been treated for back pain following a May 19 surgery.  
Franklin said Glenn was a receptionist and that Love was a patient, but later a police spokesman said Love was with a patient.

According to investigators, the 45-year-old purchased an AR-15-style rifle about an hour prior to the shooting from a local retailer, Franklin said. Louis bought the .40-caliber Smith & Wesson pistol used in the shootings from an area pawn shop on Sunday.

Officers at the shooting scene found 30 shell casings from the rifle and seven from the pistol rounds, Franklin said.

https://tulsaworld.com/news/local/gunman-bought-rifle-one-hour-before-slaying-4-people-tulsa-police-chief-says/article_950a12be-e27d-11ec-ba92-0ff2bc2e1fe0.html
« Last Edit: June 02, 2022, 06:04:33 pm by patric » Logged

patric
T-Town Elder

« Reply #328 on: July 05, 2022, 11:58:12 am »

The “person of interest” arrested in the deadly mass shooting at a Fourth of July parade outside Chicago on Monday has been identified as a 22-year-old local amateur rapper with a history of disturbing online posts.
https://nypost.com/2022/07/04/highland-park-parade-shooting-suspect-robert-crimos-disturbing-social-media/
« Last Edit: July 05, 2022, 07:50:50 pm by patric » Logged

patric
T-Town Elder

« Reply #329 on: November 23, 2022, 01:18:28 pm »

The grandfather of the man alleged to be behind the mass-shooting at a Colorado gay bar this weekend has been named as a MAGA Republican lawmaker who praised the January 6 riots at the U.S. Capitol last year.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11451491/Grandfather-Colorado-gay-bar-mass-shooter-MAGA-California-lawmaker-hailed-January-6-riots.html

What is it with MAGA and firearms?

https://www.oklahoman.com/story/news/politics/government/2022/11/21/oklahoma-gov-kevin-stitt-son-gun-alcohol-charges-halloween/69667288007/

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org