A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 03:52:39 pm
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 23   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: More Mass shootings  (Read 178281 times)
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #285 on: May 06, 2018, 04:52:18 pm »

So a customer or another employee with Concealled Carry walks in and discovers this "armed robbery" in progress.  How would it likely end?

http://ktla.com/2018/05/04/off-duty-buena-park-police-officer-caught-on-video-pulling-gun-on-man-he-mistakenly-believes-is-stealing/

If a rational person saw a transaction in process, with change being exchanged, one would hope that that rational person would not be as stupid as that dumb sumab$tch cop.  And it is always a little bit surprising that people don't understand some groups issues with police.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Breadburner
City Father

« Reply #286 on: May 15, 2018, 05:07:06 am »

Sorry Patric...Rough and Bumpy week for you.....

http://www.newson6.com/story/38188703/tulsa-police-achieve-100-solve-rate-for-2018-homicides

rebound
City Father

« Reply #287 on: May 15, 2018, 08:28:54 am »

I know you are just trolling, but do you really think Patrick is anti-police?  He's not anti-police.  He's anti-anyone who is abusing their power and subverting the public trust.  There is a line there, and we can argue it, but I think everyone here will applaud the police solving crimes.  Good for them, and us.  But we can, and should, insist they do it within certain bounds of operations.

erfalf
City Father

« Reply #288 on: May 15, 2018, 09:12:33 am »

I know you are just trolling, but do you really think Patrick is anti-police?  He's not anti-police.  He's anti-anyone who is abusing their power and subverting the public trust.  There is a line there, and we can argue it, but I think everyone here will applaud the police solving crimes.  Good for them, and us.  But we can, and should, insist they do it within certain bounds of operations.

Patrick does however paint with a broad brush, either wittingly or unwittingly implying that police forces are by design problematic. Or at least that is my take on most of his ramblings.

"Trust but Verify." - The Gipper
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #289 on: May 15, 2018, 10:16:14 am »

He's anti-anyone who is abusing their power and subverting the public trust.

Most people see that, others fixate on criticism of cliques they identify with.  That says more about them than me.

The right and privilege to hold government accountable and to petition for redress of grievances is the foundation of our nation.  There is never a need to "make it great again" as long as we dont allow politicians and public servants to make an end run around the constitution and the rights it guarantees.

Its hard to believe in this day and age people still have to make a case for that.

« Last Edit: May 15, 2018, 02:28:10 pm by patric » Logged

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
rebound
City Father

« Reply #290 on: May 15, 2018, 10:17:49 am »

"Patrick does however paint with a broad brush"

Well, yeah, that's true for a lot of people on this board.   Grin

Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #291 on: May 15, 2018, 10:46:27 am »

Well, yeah, that's true for a lot of people on this board.   Grin

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #292 on: May 15, 2018, 01:34:05 pm »

Its hard to believe in this day and age people still have to make a case for that.

Not too hard to believe when one recognizes that over 40% of the country believes Trump is a good idea.  Still.

Looking back over the history if the 20th century, one thing is very clear - how except for some pure blind luck, at the time we had just as big a possibility of siding with Germany in the 30's as we did going against them.  Hitler's ideals and ideas resonated with this country much more that one would hope.  The depression propelled him to power and got us a different kind of President - arguably the single biggest factor in going the way we did and not becoming even more fascist than we were.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #293 on: May 15, 2018, 08:11:43 pm »

Most people see that, others fixate on criticism of cliques they identify with.  That says more about them than me.

The right and privilege to hold government accountable and to petition for redress of grievances is the foundation of our nation.  There is never a need to "make it great again" as long as we dont allow politicians and public servants to make an end run around the constitution and the rights it guarantees.

You have to admit though, you do come off as being pretty critical of LEO's quite often.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #294 on: May 16, 2018, 08:21:08 am »

You have to admit though, you do come off as being pretty critical of LEO's quite often.

Ya gotta fight crazy with crazy....

Seems to be the only way to get people to "hear".   Most are too busy 'listening' to reply rather than 'listening' to understand.    (Yeah, I know that is a trite cliche, but it is also true.)

patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #295 on: May 31, 2018, 10:00:51 am »

Ya gotta fight crazy with crazy....

Hundreds of rounds of ammo found in OKC shooter's apartment; shooter was CLEET certified
FBI investigated twice, shooter said he was 'under hard-core demonic attack'

http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/state/hundreds-of-rounds-of-ammo-found-in-okc-shooter-s/article_924f727c-a23c-5947-a89b-f8e5f99637f6.html

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
TeeDub
« Reply #296 on: May 31, 2018, 11:10:16 am »

Hundreds of rounds of ammo found in OKC shooter's apartment; shooter was CLEET certified
FBI investigated twice, shooter said he was 'under hard-core demonic attack'

http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/state/hundreds-of-rounds-of-ammo-found-in-okc-shooter-s/article_924f727c-a23c-5947-a89b-f8e5f99637f6.html

What is your point here?   

Investigators found three boxes of Winchester Luger 115 grain bullets inside a shopping bag, according to a document itemizing what police found while serving the warrant. The box of that type of bullet listed on the manufacturer’s website contains 200 rounds.
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #297 on: May 31, 2018, 12:43:39 pm »

Yeah... finding hundreds of rounds isn't the least bit concerning. Finding thousands of rounds isn't a big deal. You could raid many (most) homes in Tulsa and write a scary sounding article about all the guns and ammo that was found.

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #298 on: May 31, 2018, 12:48:31 pm »

What is your point here?    

Investigators found three boxes of Winchester Luger 115 grain bullets inside a shopping bag, according to a document itemizing what police found while serving the warrant. The box of that type of bullet listed on the manufacturer’s website contains 200 rounds.

How in the hell was he cleet certified? He should not have been allowed to even own a gun.
TeeDub
« Reply #299 on: May 31, 2018, 02:07:12 pm »

How in the hell was he cleet certified? He should not have been allowed to even own a gun.

Sounds like he should have gotten professional help.   Perhaps this grew as he got older (he was 28.)
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 23   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org