A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 11:22:40 am
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 23   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: More Mass shootings  (Read 178254 times)
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #240 on: November 15, 2017, 02:08:24 pm »

Law enforcement Operation Blue Thunder takes 48 illegal firearms off the street, nets 102 felony arrests, including one very heavily armed helicopter.

http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/crimewatch/law-enforcement-operation-blue-thunder-takes-illegal-firearms-off-the/article_200da49b-a418-5b94-bbb5-2f5bf093f2a4.html

OK, part of that headline I made up...

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #241 on: November 16, 2017, 12:08:04 pm »

Law enforcement Operation Blue Thunder takes 48 illegal firearms off the street, nets 102 felony arrests, including one very heavily armed helicopter.

I didn't like it when Lymangood was killed.
dbacksfan 2.0
City Father

« Reply #242 on: November 16, 2017, 08:44:27 pm »

"Check you later"

bluelake
Activist

« Reply #243 on: November 16, 2017, 10:35:30 pm »

At least he found out what JAFO meant before he died...

patric
T-Town Elder

« Reply #244 on: February 22, 2018, 05:07:58 pm »

I've had teachers who couldn't be trusted with a sharpened Crayola let alone a gun.

Not understanding how the video surveillance system worked, sitting on a radio transmit key, and now this

A Florida sheriff says the deputy who was on duty at a high school where 17 people were massacred waited outside the building for about four minutes without ever going in.
Broward County Sheriff Scott Israel announced during a Thursday news conference that Deputy Scot Peterson resigned after being suspended without pay.

https://www.michigansthumb.com/news/education/article/The-Latest-School-security-camera-delays-misled-12632857.php

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
patric
T-Town Elder

« Reply #245 on: February 22, 2018, 06:19:37 pm »

Cops to Start Carrying AR-15 Rifles on School Grounds
http://news.wgcu.org/post/broward-school-cops-will-carry-rifles-including-ar-15s-school-grounds

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #246 on: February 22, 2018, 06:21:40 pm »

Tell me again why it is we don't have armed guards at schools...??

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #247 on: February 22, 2018, 06:48:14 pm »

Tell me again why it is we don't have armed guards at schools...??

We do, at least most schools do around here. I see them all the time at my son's school.

The Florida school did too, there was an armed Sheriff's deputy on site when the attack happened. He hid outside.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #248 on: February 22, 2018, 08:26:31 pm »

We do, at least most schools do around here. I see them all the time at my son's school.

The Florida school did too, there was an armed Sheriff's deputy on site when the attack happened. He hid outside.

And then summarily dismissed today.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
rebound
City Father

« Reply #249 on: February 23, 2018, 09:07:41 am »

And then summarily dismissed today.

I'm not sure if criminal charges, something along the line of "dereliction of duty resulting in death", or similar, can be filed against him.  I hope so.  You take the job, you do the job.   I'm certain that their will be lawsuits, but I want him personally to go to jail for a long time.

patric
T-Town Elder

« Reply #250 on: February 23, 2018, 10:14:54 am »

I'm not sure if criminal charges, something along the line of "dereliction of duty resulting in death", or similar, can be filed against him.  I hope so.  You take the job, you do the job.   I'm certain that their will be lawsuits, but I want him personally to go to jail for a long time.

OK Guido, something we can nod ONE TIME in agreement with Trump on:

Cop who didn't enter school during Florida shooting resigns, has home guarded, is slammed as 'coward' by Trump
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/02/23/police-officers-guard-home-deputy-assigned-to-florida-hs-who-never-went-in-during-shooting-report.html

dbacksfan 2.0
City Father

« Reply #251 on: February 23, 2018, 12:18:59 pm »

OK Guido, something we can nod ONE TIME in agreement with Trump on:

Cop who didn't enter school during Florida shooting resigns, has home guarded, is slammed as 'coward' by Trump
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/02/23/police-officers-guard-home-deputy-assigned-to-florida-hs-who-never-went-in-during-shooting-report.html

And if he had shot and killed the kid you would be wanting to crucify the deputy and have him brought up on murder charges and screamed for his head.
TeeDub
« Reply #252 on: February 23, 2018, 12:42:54 pm »

And if he had shot and killed the kid you would be wanting to crucify the deputy and have him brought up on murder charges and screamed for his head.

I wonder if his dereliction of duty opens both himself and the department up to potential liability.   I am not a lawyer, but I have seen cases brought up for less.
rebound
City Father

« Reply #253 on: February 23, 2018, 01:26:14 pm »

I wonder if his dereliction of duty opens both himself and the department up to potential liability.   I am not a lawyer, but I have seen cases brought up for less.

Oh, if I am one - or all - of those families I am already getting the paperwork started for lawsuit.  Exactly who to sue?  Not sure yet, but somebody is getting sued.    But per my comment above, I hope there is some kind of actual criminal law that applies to put this guy away on real charges.

Ed W
City Father

« Reply #254 on: February 23, 2018, 03:43:18 pm »

No worries. He'll invoke that magic phrase, "I was in fear for my life" and he'll walk.

Ed

May you live in interesting times.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 23   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org