A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:13:00 am
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 23   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: More Mass shootings  (Read 178242 times)
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #225 on: November 07, 2017, 04:51:28 pm »

First, the Air Force (aka Chair Force by the 2 AF vets I know...) failed miserably - literally did not do their job.

Consistently, it seems.

Texas church gunman escaped from mental health facility in 2012 after threatening military superiors

The far-right fantasized about a gun battle with Antifa, but got another mass killer in Texas
https://www.salon.com/2017/11/07/the-far-right-fantasized-about-a-gun-battle-with-antifa-but-got-another-mass-killer-in-texas_partner/
« Last Edit: November 08, 2017, 11:05:06 am by patric » Logged

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
erfalf
City Father

« Reply #226 on: November 08, 2017, 09:28:25 pm »

I've got nothing...

The best comment on this went something like this:

Media can't show it's ignorance of guns any more than it already has. USA Today: Hold my Chainsaw Bayonet.

"Trust but Verify." - The Gipper
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #227 on: November 09, 2017, 08:47:20 am »

I've got nothing...

The best comment on this went something like this:

Media can't show it's ignorance of guns any more than it already has. USA Today: Hold my Chainsaw Bayonet.

Geez...you had to go there, huh??   Now I want a chainsaw bayonet...!!!

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #228 on: November 09, 2017, 10:57:32 am »

Might be a bit muzzle-heavy, but think of the possibilities!

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #229 on: November 09, 2017, 11:44:14 am »

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/chainsaw-bayonets-are-real-guys/article/2640109
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #230 on: November 09, 2017, 01:04:36 pm »

I'm not sure if it is more sad that USA Today included chainsaw bayonets in the video, or that they actually exist...

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
erfalf
City Father

« Reply #231 on: November 09, 2017, 01:45:53 pm »

The end of the article is actually pretty funny:

Is it practical? Nope. Is it popular? Not really. Is it definitely a gag for gun enthusiasts? Yes. Should you be worried about a mass shooter with a chainsaw? You have no reason to be. Have you ever heard of it prior to the USA Today tweet? Probably not.

Is USA Today guilty of fear-mongering vis-a-vis a definitely obscure rifle accessory? Yep.

But that doesn’t mean USA Today is wrong. Chainsaw bayonets may be obscure, and they may mostly be a joke, but they exist.

Now if you’ll excuse me, I have some online orders to make.

TeeDub
« Reply #232 on: November 10, 2017, 10:30:25 am »

What are the chances I can buy a chainsaw bayonet this weekend?
erfalf
City Father

« Reply #233 on: November 10, 2017, 12:21:41 pm »

Expecting company?

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #234 on: November 13, 2017, 09:45:17 am »

I'm not sure if it is more sad that USA Today included chainsaw bayonets in the video, or that they actually exist...

Perfect accessory to my deer or hog hunting rifle - how many times have you climbed into a tree to set up a stand and had to fight branches all the way...??  Always have to carry a folding brush saw with me - this would eliminate the need for another piece of hardware.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #235 on: November 13, 2017, 06:44:37 pm »

First, the Air Force (aka Chair Force by the 2 AF vets I know...) failed miserably - literally did not do their job.

Suicidal? Depressed? Here, have a gun and a uniform!
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2017/11/12/army-lifts-ban-recruits-history-self-mutilation-other-mental-health-issues/853131001/

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #236 on: November 14, 2017, 08:39:27 am »

Tattooes and piercings are just another form of self-mutilation.  

Also proscribed Biblically...

Let's see how many jump on this one...!

swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #237 on: November 14, 2017, 01:27:02 pm »

Another mass shooting today. So far five dead at a home and school in northern California including at least two children.

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/national/3-dead-2-wounded-in-california-school-shooting

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #238 on: November 14, 2017, 02:30:27 pm »

Another mass shooting today. So far five dead at a home and school in northern California including at least two children.

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/national/3-dead-2-wounded-in-california-school-shooting

So here we had an unstable individual no one did a damned thing about well in advance of this incident.  This is a failure of our mental health system as well as a failure to put the safety of the general public ahead of the civil rights of the mentally ill.

We can keep talking about gun control all we want, but it would have made no difference with this guy.  He should have been on lock down a long time ago it appears.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #239 on: November 14, 2017, 02:37:14 pm »

So here we had an unstable individual no one did a damned thing about well in advance of this incident.  This is a failure of our mental health system as well as a failure to put the safety of the general public ahead of the civil rights of the mentally ill.

We can keep talking about gun control all we want, but it would have made no difference with this guy.  He should have been on lock down a long time ago it appears.

This was what was going on at a friend's neighborhood with Mark Allen Eaton, the clown I have talked about in the past - shooting around in the yard for over a year, then trying to kill the two kids across the street, then pleading guilty and getting his good buddies in the Tim Harris DA office to find a judge to NOT accept the guilty plea.  And then he keeps shooting from time to time in the back and front yard of his house.  He used an assault weapon, too, and a Glock.  But since there is only a note in the record admonishing him to be a good boy, he can STILL own a firearm! 

It's good to have friends in the swamp!

Exactly the kind of 'FAIL' that leads to this type event.

It looks like he is in the area much less than previously, but left a couple of his buddies there to keep his place....

I did see his truck one time had a "NOTW" sticker on the back window, so he now hides behind the premise of repentance.  But that is obviously just for show because he hasn't bothered to even talk to the family and at least apologize for attempted murder of the kids.

« Last Edit: November 14, 2017, 02:43:10 pm by heironymouspasparagus » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 23   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org